“Fantastic tour of the city”

Phoenix Heli-Flight
Ranked #1 of 2 Tours in Fort McMurray
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Phoenix Heli-Flight offers tours of Fort McMurray, the Oilsands, and the Wood Buffalo region in our first-class fleet of modern helicopters. We can accommodate hunting and fishing outings and we also work in forestry, oil and gas, and construction.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 28 December 2017

I went on a city tour with Phoenix and it was really great. I am from Fort McMurray and it was lovely seeing the city from a scenic flight. The staff were very professional and friendly and the pilot was excellent. Thanks for a safe and fun trip!

All reviews
"project"
"rebuilding"
"devastating"

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Courteous and friendly staff made for a highlight of trip to Ft. McMurray. Beautiful aircraft and true professional staff offered great comfort to those with jitters. Even a visit to the office rescue dogs was comforting. Excellent tour of the devastation of the wildfire and progress of rebuilding , including the soon to open golf course.

Reviewed 24 September 2017

My best friend and I surprised my Mum who was visiting from Victoria and my partner with a 1 hour helicopter ride, both having never been in a helicopter before. We had Cameron Spring as our pilot who is an incredibly kind and knowledgeable man, having grown up in the area. He made all four of us very comfortable and excited at the same time. He explained many interesting facts all of us were very unaware of about the city of Fort McMurray and the surrounding areas, including many things about the tar sands and the companies that extract oil from them. The helicopter itself was a beautiful machine, comfortable, the visibility was great and it sliced through the air like a hot knife through butter. I would highly recommend Phoenix Heli-Flight for pleasure or business.

Reviewed 23 August 2017

Get off the plane at Fort Mac airport and go straight to Phoenix Helicopter just down the road. The office staff is friendly and helpful. Cameron, my pilot, is a native of Fort Mac and a proud ambassador for the area.
I did the full tour of the town and both Suncor and Syncrude. We passed over the path of the forest fire. The ghostly grey pines were surrounded by lush green new growth. Scattered on either side of highway 63 were subdivisions, new, old, under construction, and even one that had all the servicing and a road pattern laid out but stalled until the price of oil goes up. Up the highway we continued over the MacDonald island park, a lumber mill and on to the oil sands.
Only from the air can you possibly grasp this massive project. The tailing ponds were contrasted to the large areas of reclaimed forest.
I highly recommend a Helicopter view of Fort McMurray and Phoenix Helicopter.

1  Thank dianne_lawson