“Unforgettable Experience”

Phoenix Heli-Flight
Ranked #1 of 2 Tours in Fort McMurray
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Phoenix Heli-Flight offers tours of Fort McMurray, the Oilsands, and the Wood Buffalo region in our first-class fleet of modern helicopters. We can accommodate hunting and fishing outings and we also work in forestry, oil and gas, and construction.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Lockers / storage, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Reviewed 26 July 2017

Amazing aerial tour of Fort McMurray and Suncor! The pilot, Cameron Spring, was an exceptional tour guide and pilot. It was an Unforgettable Experience for myself and my parents visiting from out of town. A fantastic way to show off this beautiful city and the Mining industry. I highly recommend to tour for anyone visiting or that lives in Fort McMurray. Cameron also took the time to provide a tour of the facility and showed off the other helicopters in the fleet.

All reviews
"project"
"rebuilding"
"devastating"

Reviewed 26 June 2017 via mobile

Went for a tour of Fort Mcmurray with parent from Ontario. The pilot Cameron was awesome throughout the whole process. Have nothing but good things to say about this operation and also the amazing work they do in and for the community. Real genuine family business.

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

What a great tour of Fort McMurray and the mining industry! Booking the tour was a breeze and our pilot Cameron was exceptional. Being a Fort McMurray local, he was very informative and able to answer any questions we had. The Helicopter we were in was very comfortable and pairing that with a smooth pilot made the tour fun and exciting! Worth every minute.

Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

We had the pleasure today to take a heli tour with Cameron as our pilot and guide. I can't say enough good about the experience, from booking to checking in to the tour. Cameron was very professional and friendly. The flying skills were superb! Cameron's knowledge of Fort McMurray and surrounding areas was great. We had a fantastic experience and I would highly recommend anyone looking for a heli experience to contact Phoenix!

See more reviews
Reviewed 26 May 2017

The whole experience, from contacting the office regarding tours, booking the tour and prepping for the flight was highly professional and prompt. Our pilot was Cameron, and he was knowledgeable regarding both the aircraft and areas we were flying over during the tour. This was my second helicopter tour, and I would rate Cameron as a more professional and steady pilot than my previous one in Hawaii for sure.

The cost was high as all helicopter tours are, but certainly comparable to others I've looked into. I believe that being able to view the aftermath of the fire along with the oil sands development from the air provides a much more accurate perspective of the scope of the oil sands project in comparison to the wilderness around it. It was also very interesting to see the areas where whole forests have been replanted over reclaimed land.

Highly recommend both Phoenix Heli-Flight and Cameron!