Lowest prices for your stay
Choice Hotels
chartravel
Alberta
Much better than expected
4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jul 9, 2015via mobile
I stayed at this hotel one night for a business trip, and really enjoyed it. The executive suite I was given was very large, clean, and modern. The bed was comfortable. My only complaint with the room was that the lighting was on the dim side, which made getting ready and making coffee in the morning more difficult than it needed to be. It would also be nice if they would print a guest services book (all they have is a card in the room with a web address for the radisson app, which is supposed to have the guest services info but turned out to be no help as it does not have pool hours listed and the room service menu on the app is out of date and missing a beverage section). As for amenities- The food in the restaurant was very good, the hot tub and pool were nice to have but the hot tub is in poor shape. I would stay here again on business, but it's a bit out of the way for a leisure trip (in industrial area).
Tripadvisor
  • Priceline
15.3 km from Radisson Hotel & Convention Center Edmonton
View more hotels in Edmonton
1,548 results
All reviews industrial area front desk sherwood park steam room breakfast buffet great place to stay wedding vehicle
Selected filters

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
This review is the subjective opinion of an individual traveler and not of Tripadvisor LLC nor of its partners. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
22Manager, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Convention Center Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2015

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
22Manager, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Convention Center Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2015

Reviewed July 9, 2015

Never even got in the door. Rude front service. Everything was no we can't. Had a reservation and walked out. Went to Hilton Garden Inn and the service was excellent.
The front service people were very negative and would not help out. We had a reservation and said they could not accept out U.S. debit/card which everywhere else did. Would not accept our family and friends discount. Wanted a $250 deposit. You can be nice and diplomatic which they were not.

Room tip: Would not recommend In an industrial center.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank grundy51
22Manager, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Convention Center Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2015

As we pride ourselves on delivering a memorable hotel experience during your travels, we have unfortunately fallen short of our goal during your check in to our hotel. Please accept our sincere apology for the issues you experienced with our Front Desk Associates. We have shared your feedback with our Front Office Manager and his team to ensure that this was an isolated issue that is corrected moving forward.
Our policies do dictate that guest must check in with a valid credit card but guest could change their method of payment upon their departure to cash or debit, we require pre authorization on the credit card during guest check in to cover incidentals and damages that may occur.

The Carlson Rezidor Family & Friends Hotel Rate must be booked using the brand websites. It will not be available to book at the property level or through the 800 numbers.

Upholding our commitment to provide a memorable experience with exceptional service, we hope to have an opportunity to better your experience with us whenever your travels bring you back to Edmonton.
Respectfully,
Hany Assal, CHSP | General Manager

Reviewed July 9, 2015 via mobile

I had to find a decent hotel for a couple nights with no notice. Used an app on my phone and got a great price. You never know what to expect but this was a nice suprise. Very efficient front desk guy (Ahmed). Friendly and a good communicator. Room was clean and quiet and very comfortable bed....i would stay again, next time I am in town.

2  Thank JohnP13

I'm glad that you were "pleasantly surprised" with the comfort, cleanliness and our friendly helpful staff. We take pride in providing each and every guest with a memorable experience by making them feel welcome and at a home away from home.
Our philosophy that everyone that works for Radisson lives by YES I CAN” so I was extremely happy that we lived up to these standards.
It's so great to hear that you were so well taken care of during your stay with us. I will pass along your review to our front desk associate he will appreciate your positive feedback.
Thanks again for sharing your experience and for all the praise you gave our staff team. You've put smiles on all our faces and we hope to welcome you back for years to come!

My best regards,
Hany Assal, CHSP | General Manager

Reviewed July 7, 2015

Whenever I make trips into Edmonton I always balance finding a compromise between price, location, cleanliness and amenities. Originally the Edmonton Hotel and Convention Center would check all the boxes for my expectations. It was clean, well kept, had free breakfast, free internet, free parking, all in a quiet area-- everything I needed. Unfortunately, I started to notice some changes when the Radisson took over. I found the standard room I always booked was now a much smaller size (bathroom as well.) Then the free breakfast took a slide and would only be provided at an additional cost. Even the staff seemed slightly less cheerful after the changes. This is certainly a quality hotel, however, based on my checklist of needs, I am now back to the drawing board on compromise and can find just as satisfying a hotel to meet my needs elsewhere. What a shame :(

Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank TAjenna
22Manager, General Manager at Radisson Hotel & Convention Center Edmonton, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. First of all I would like to let you know there are no changes in our ownership or management. Our Internet and parking still is complementary and our rooms are still the same size, but unfortunately our complimentary breakfast promotion expired since the completion of the hotel renovations, it is now offered at a reduced price for hotel guests.

We are extremely disappointed to hear that our staff were not cheerful during your stay I assure you this is not indicative of our service standards and I would like to apologize on behalf of Radisson Hotel and Convention Centre Edmonton more for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Please know that your concerns will be addressed right away. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
Hany Assal | General Manager