“Trendy, fun, tasty tacos ”

Native Tongues Taqueria
Ranked #38 of 3,791 Restaurants in Calgary
Price range: US$11 - US$26
Description: Native Tongues is an authentic Mexican Taqueria, specializing in house-made, non-GMO corn tortillas and Tacos al Carbon. Our bar offers a wide selections of craft cocktails and limited production Mezcal.
Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

If you like authentic Mexican flavours this place is great. The salsa tasting appetizer is amazing, comes with chips and 5 different home made salsas.

We also tried a few of the tacos and shared the lamb (Barbacoa De Cordero) family sharing platter. A beautiful piece of lamb slow roasted all day in a delicious broth.

The tacos here are small, so order a few as a starter and then have one of the larger sharing meals. Fun atmosphere, decor, has a good vibe as well as great food.

We had the doughnuts for dessert. They were good but would be better if served hot / fresh. I'd recommend having another taco instead.

Reviewed 8 May 2018

I was on a business trip and frequently passed by this place...always lots of people there so I thought food must be good. Stopped in for lunch...and I see why the locals go there!

Menu is all mexican, mostly different kinds of tacos. The tacos are small, so waiter kindly advises to order 3-5 depending on how hungry you are. Tacos are about $3.75 each. I had 3 beef tacos and an empanada. Both were excellent.

Waiter mentioned the place has $2 tacos on Tuesday...when I passed by on Tuesday, the line was out the door!

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

Beautifully decorated, service could be improved but I am sure they were doing their best considering how busy it was. Hands down, the best guacamole I’ve ever had. Tacos were good too. Seating is not comfortable but the experience was worthy overall!

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

Just got back from Mexico three weeks ago and was craving some good tacos.frends said they had heard this resteraunt was great and it was. Very busy,hard to get in they don’t take reservations and it’s a smaller place but worth the wait. Great sollection of beers and all drinks actually.food is authentic menu is smaller but what they have is bang on . Great service, we will return .

1  Thank Brett T
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

A trendy restaurant in the heart of downtown, they offer a brief but delicious menu of authentic Mexican food. The beef tacos were our favorite. The bar is also well stocked with a few extra imported liquors. We found the music a bit loud, but the overall experience was memorable, and I will make a point to eat here again next time I’m in town. Thanks for the fresh birthday donut!