“Best Chicken amd Waffles”
Review of One18 Empire

One18 Empire
Reserve with OpenTable
One18 Empire is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 3,835 Restaurants in Calgary
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Description: Located in vibrant Downtown Calgary, ONE18 EMPIRE is a whisk(e)y-inspired bar and restaurant with a strong focus on sharable, locally inspired cuisine, masterfully paired with our select onsite reserve.ONE18 EMPIRE fosters a communal atmosphere for its guests through an array of chef-created dishes designed for sampling and sharing in a unique and spirited local setting. With a focus on the art of storytelling, the staff seeks to engage patrons in ONE18 EMPIRE's rich history by showcasing how these stories have influenced the design of our cuisine and beverage offerings. Keeping pace with the city, ONE18 EMPIRE welcomes guests around the clock offering breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner and late night dining options.
Reviewed 26 April 2018 via mobile

I was walking downtown and stopped in for some quick breakfast. I was treated very well and the service was astounding. The general manager Kai was friendly as soon as I walked in and wished me a happy birthday when I mentioned I was celebrating. My waiter Thomas knew right away what I wanted and the food was delicious. If you're ever in the downtown core, check out One18 Empire!

1  Thank Josh J

Reviewed 19 April 2018

I wanted to share the amazing way in which the ONE18 Empire team took care of my sister-in-law’s gathering last Saturday. My family are huge fans of ONE18, and so am I. The team was wonderful! Meredith was our server that night and took great care of us. She was excellent at offering different alternatives for some of the guests who required special dietary needs. The food was AMAZING, drinks FANTASTIC, service was OUTSTANDING, and the new dessert items BLEW US AWAY!

2  Thank Al M
Reviewed 18 April 2018

Super great bar. Drinks were made with sophistication and talent. Bar area is luxury. Don't miss a fun experience.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Recently we stopped into this restaurant expecting to have some lunch before attending an afternoon theatre presentation but only brunch menu for this Saturday afternoon. A pleasant surprise however as we enjoyed two dishes:1) chicken and waffles which were very good and filling with a savoury touch and maple syrup on the side and 2) Canadian breakfast with the usual bacon, eggs but also roasted tomatoes, a healthy wheat toast and a unique potato side served in its own basket: large cubes of crusty chunks which were delicious. Coffee served in a carafe and tea in a large tea pot that did not spill upon pouring and no need to ask for more hot water. Jams served in little jars. Good service and nice ambience. Would give 5 stars except it is a little pricey but worth it.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

The attention to detail and the overall service was outstanding. The serving staff during the event were attentive to everyone's needs and went above and beyond to ensure we all had a great experience. Their charcuterie boards and other menu samples were amazing. Well sourced and good quality ingredients. You can tell that each member of the group takes pride in their work. Thank you to Kai and his team for being such great hosts! I will definitely be recommending their venue for future networking events! :)