“One of the best”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

I love BSD. Firstly, the service is top notch. Every time I have been in I have been met with a warm smile. If there is a wait, they do what they can to get you in as fast as possible, while offering coffee and using the NoWait app. Coffee is good, as they serve locally roasted Fratellos. I always opt for the cinnamon stuffed French toast for breakfast with an added Boerk pork sausage. The French toast is near perfect. A beautiful texture, not too sweet, but plenty of great flavours that work together very well. The hash browns it comes with are good as well. The buttermilk fried chicken sandwich is great too. There is just something about fried chicken and honey that works so well together. Fries could use some work though. Overall, one of my favorite place to dine.

Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

What a great little place. Popped in here on a Friday night around 6:30 pm and we’re able to get a table right away. The place was quite busy but there were seats available at the bar as well as a table for 2.
I ordered the dairyland with gruyere and mushrooms on a gluten free bun (sensitivity). The bun was one of the best GF buns I’ve ever tasted and the burger was to die for! Although the burger didn’t seem overly large, I couldn’t finish it (I so wanted to though!). My husband had the dairyland with oka and bacon and quite enjoyed the flavours. The service was perfect; all the girls were very attentive. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

An associate & I had an unplanned lunch here. I had the dairy burger with sweet potato fries. Service was friendly & helpful. It was a decent burger. The breakfast items appeared to be the most popular.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Read some great reviews on Tripadvisor about the Blue Star Diner so my husband and I decided to try it out while we were in Calgary. The place is small and very busy (we were there on a Saturday). Our names were taken when we entered and we were offered coffee while we waited. The wait was only about 20 minutes and the service was excellent.

We sat at the bar to eat and really enjoyed the food. I had the Journeyman Bowl with chickpea fritters (it was incredible and healthy). My husband had a burger and fries and said it was the best he had had in a long time.

There were so many other tasty looking things on the menu that I want to try - I can’t wait to go back!

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Three of us had dinner at Blue Star Diner midweek. The place is small, homey, buzzing and feels fun. Servers are polite, friendly and efficient. Different days have different specialities, and we were there on burger-and-beer day. The restaurant offers delicious vegan items including a mousse dessert, which is creative and beautifully presented. The beer selection is fine. The restaurant is rather noisy as it is busy and lacks adequate noise-absorbing media. We parked on the street and didn't have trouble finding a spot. Definitely a great restaurant to return again and again.