2,248 results
All reviewskeg restaurantfree bus passrocky mountaineerlovely hotelsuperior roomunderground parkingfree roamski busten minute walksteam roombuffet breakfastreception arealog firelarge hot tubwalk into townstayed here for nightsthere is no air conditioning
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Very nice hotel. Looks like it was recently upgraded and the rooms are very neat and clean. We were in room 232 and the two queen size beds were very comfortable. The room is tight for two couples but it didn’t matter because we only stayed the one night. It’s a 8 minutes walk to “downtown” Banff. The parking is limited but if you have a normal sized vehicle you can fit in the underground parking. We have a large truck so we had to park it on the street behind the hotel.

The Keg restaurant is connected to the hotel. Dinner was good as always but the buffet the next morning was not good at all. It was a pretty busy morning so the items were being replaced very quickly and the scrambled eggs were drier than sawdust. Fruit was good but it was not worth the $18 we paid each.

I would recommend this hotel due to the cleanliness and the comfort. Easy check in and great location.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank Michelle C
Reviewed 1 April 2018

This was our first time staying at this hotel, and it was generally nice overall. The room and bathroom were really clean, which was nice to see, and I had the best sleep here over our week away. Downsides were that the pay-per-view movies weren't working, and I found our floor/level quite noisy in the early morning hours (pre-7am). My husband also found the room a little on the small side as it had some type of wall-enclosed venting system from floor to ceiling at the end-of-the-bed area.

Room Tip: If staying here again, I would ask for a front room facing the town/street.
Reviewed 29 March 2018

We felt our 2 queen room was really small and not ideal if you are traveling with multiple suitcases. We also thought it was odd that the beds did not have bottom sheets. Instead it was a bare mattress with a mattress pad and a top sheet.

The staff was overall friendly and helpful with our questions.

The parking garage was oddly tight and difficult to navigate and park.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed at the Caribou for a night with my wife and oldest child. First opinions were that the room was ok, tidy(not spotless), but definitely not the worst room I’ve been in. Next we tried the hot pool, the pool and pool room are much smaller than they are shown. Second they need to have someone look at the pool chemicals as there was so much chlorine in the pool that my eyes burned as I sat in the water. Needless to say I didn’t stay in the water very long. Lastly The beds are very soft and as a result I woke up very sore the next day. Overall this is an average Banff hotel, expensive with small rooms, booked to capacity at all times, parking for smaller vehicles(anything on the larger side will fit with difficulty). I don’t have anything negative to say about this hotel as it is par for Banff, it just didn’t wow me.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed 26 March 2018

We stayed in Banff Caribou Lodge for 8 days in March 2018. A young couple on a ski trip. We had our own car, which we had a free parking pass for the underground heated carpark, which is conveniently located near to the free ski lockers. The hot pool and steam room are nice and big with free towels, always clean and we never felt it was too busy.

Room was serviced every day, it was clean and tidy with fresh towels when needed.

The walk to town is approximately 15 minutes, which is a pleasant walk, there is a free shuttle but we opted to walk every day to get some fresh air. We ate at the restaurant one evening we were there. The food was OK, there is better in town.

Staff overall were friendly and helpful. My only disappointment was I had planned a surprise proposal to my partner, and when I asked the supervisor at reception if there was anything they could put in our room/do she was quite dismissive and recommended ordering flowers in from a florists in Banff. I would have expected something a little more exciting, especially considering Canadian culture is very hospitable.

Other than that a good trip overall, and good value for money.