“Sunshine Ski Mountain Snow Hosts”
Review of Sunshine Village

Sunshine Village
More attraction details
Owner description: Sunshine Village sits high on the Continental Divide in the heart of Banff National Park, and is just minutes from the mountain town of Banff. Three sprawling mountains provide breathtaking sitelines, uninterrupted by any signs of civilization beyond the resort's leasehold. Ski or ride in Alberta and British Columbia in one run. Sunshine Village's seven-month season stretches from early November until late May - the longest non-glacial season in Canada. The Village's altitude of 7,082 feet ensures the snow stays dry. Sunshine can receive up to nine metres (30 feet) of snow in a season, and it stays all year.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

What a wonderful day. Picked up in Renee's group as a Mountain Snow Host, she took us literally to every lift and showed us the secret sweet spots around the mountain. Very informative on the history of Sunshine which we always enjoy. Attentive and not at all in a rush, something many in a hurry miss when teamed up with a great guide willing to spend time with you.

All reviews
in 14 reviews
"lookout mountain"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Excellent place to learn to Ski. Came here with my family (2 adults and 2 daughter 16 and 13) who have never stood on skis before. We booked 2 days worth of lessons and Sunshine created a package including equipment, lessons and passes. Our instructor for the day was Annie and she was very patient and taught us all the basics very quickly. After a few hours we were on the ski lifts and trying our first green run. Excellent and very tiring first day on the slopes.

Unfortunately my daughter was ill the following morning and we were unable to attend the second day of lessons. I emailed Sunshine in the morning and told them we would not be coming (I didn't tell them my daughter was ill). I knew the booking condition and did not expect any refunds or alternative dates. Sunshine replied almost immediately offering an alternative day. Sadly we couldn't make this either due to travel arrangement so sunshine GAVE US A FULL DAYS REFUND :-) Amazing service, above and beyond. We will be going back and I cannot recommend them highly enough. Good work

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Beautiful mountain and super dry snow if you are lucky enough for fresh powder and temps that aren't too low. I had one day of perfect conditions and the following day was too cold to board (0F or -18C). At least they were for me.
Banff is about 90 min drive from Calgary. And Sunshine is 15 min drive from Banff. Lift tickets cover 3 resorts, including Mt Norquay (5 min from Banff) and Lake Louise about 40 min drive from Banff.

The cable car at Sunshine takes about 30 minutes to get up to the village from the base! If you are using the cable car to get back down to catch a return bus, plan accordingly!

The "Mad Trapper" at the top in the village is the place for apres ski. And lunch in the middle of the action - but it gets very busy.
If you have a lift ticket shuttles from Banff (15 min ride) are free and pick up at several locations, departing every 40 min.

Would return again.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I had never tried skiing before so I signed up for the AM ski lesson that included rental and lift ticket for the day. I thought the price was fantastic and was well worth the cost.

Thanks to Lia the ski instructor I had, I was able to learn how to stand and move on skis and get comfortable on the bunny hill first, and by the afternoon I had no trouble doing the green runs thanks to everything I learned.

100% I would recommend doing a ski/snowboard less in the morning to get yourself comfortable for the rest of the mountain, and I would recommend Lia as the best instructor!