“Cavern Diving with Divers Underground”
Review of Divers UnderGround

Divers UnderGround
Ranked #11 of 37 Tours in Puerto Aventuras
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Scuba Diving in Cenotes, PADI Recreational Diving Courses from Discover Scuba Diving, Open Water Diver, Advanced Open Water, Rescue Diver, Divemaster. TDI Cave and Technical Diving Training as well as Sidemount Diving. Intro to Tech, Advanced Nitrox, Decompression Procedures, Trimix. PADI TEC REC Intro to Tec, Tec 40, Tec 45, Tec 50, Tec Deep Diver, Tec Trimix, Sidemount.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I don't generally do these online reviews, however I was so impressed with Divers Underground that I felt compelled to write this review. I was vacationing on the Riviera Maya in Mexico last week and decided to dive the Cenotes with Divers Underground. My guide, Mateo met me a short distance from the dive shop and we drove there, where I met Lara, one of the owners and her two cute puppies. I completed the release forms, settled up and was on my way. I was taken to Dos Ojos, a very well known Cenote by Mateo. We walked over to the starting point of the dive where I was given an orientation prior to gearing up for the dive. I was a bit nervous, never having done this type of dive before, but my apprehension was quickly abated by Matt's information and reassurance! The dives were among the best in my 37 years of diving. The water was probably the clearest I have ever dove. The geological limestone formations were earily beautiful when illuminated by our lights. Matt moved slowly and checked on me periodically. At no point did I feel fearful. I plan to return to the Yucatan on a regular basis and will definitely dive again with Divers Underground. They run an excellent operation and I highly recommend them to anyone who is serious about diving and wants to have a great diving experience!

All reviews
"eden"
"dove"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Lara and the whole crew are really professional. The personal attention makes this dive shop unique, and made me comfortable during the whole experience. José, the dive instructor was really friendly and had a lot of knowledge about the cenotes and history of them.

I was so excited for this day, and it exceeded all of my expectations. The first dive site was Casa Cenote. Really cool location, and loved this one for the first dive.

And the 2nd dive was at Tajma ha Cenote. It’s by far the most beautiful and ‘thrilling' dive I ever made. Wow, can’t describe this with words and you have to experience this yourself!

I would recommend this dive school to everyone. Also, if you are new into diving, you should pay them a visit instead of booking a ‘standard’ tour.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Lara is very personal and accommodating with your dive schedule. They pick the best sites for your comfort level and based on the weather/conditions.
I dove four cenotes on Two different days with Jose, who is down to earth and really knowledgeable about the dive sites.
I highly recommend diving with them, and look forward to doing so again in the future.
Thank you Lara, Camillo and Jose for amazing memories!

Reviewed March 16, 2018

My two diving buddies and I had an amazing experience with Divers Underground. Communication with Lara was always prompt and clear and really made travel planning easy and anxiety-free. There were only pleasant surprises-- no ugly ones. :) My friends and I did DU's AOW certification course. Matthew was a thorough, experienced instructor (5,000+ dives!) who made us feel secure and well-informed. He was patient with our zillion questions, and we really appreciated that he gave us both the textbook answers and his own more-nuanced opinions based on his experiences.

The AOW course was laid out perfectly. We spent our first day getting reoriented with diving in a pool then with two dives at Playa Del Carmen. On Day 2, we took a fast boat out to Cozumel (40 min ride) and did our Deep and Drift dives, which kind of blew our minds. On Day 3, we did Casa Cenotes and our first cavern dive at Cenotes Eden. They even fit in a Nitrox certification in our 3-day timeline. We walked away feeling like much more competent, confident divers, having experienced a wide range of environments in a short period of time.

We've fallen in love with cavern diving and most certainly plan to return to Divers Underground for more. Thanks, Lara and Matthew!

See more reviews
Reviewed February 17, 2018

I cannot thank Camilo and Lara enough for ensuring my time spent diving the caves was one of my most memorable experiences. Camilo showed is an exemplary guide and the patience he showed with all the basic mistakes I was making demonstrated to me that he would be the perfect instructor for anyone wishing to dive the caves. Lara's logistical support was second to none, was extremely informative and ensured my visit ran very smoothly. I would add they really make you feel part of a family and I cannot wait to return
I would also add a huge thanks to Rob, allowing me to be included is some awesome photos. Sorry I made your task so much harder with my poor posture and inability to realise I was shining your light directly back at you!
One criticism, Lara only persuaded me to stay one extra day in my initial booking, the time I spent with you was simply not long enough and I was sad to leave!
Thanks for e
verything and making this the perfect trip!