5,953 results
All reviews coco loco french restaurant adult pool martini bar bon vivant la plaza coffee house sports bar international buffet tacos all inclusive resort club level main pool swim up room los cabos beautiful resort a la carte restaurants
Reviewed 30 September 2017

We recently spent a week at the Hyatt Ziva in San Jose del Cabo, and it was wonderful. Our first night was at the tail end of tropical storm Norma, so a few places weren't open due to weather. The next day, though, it all changed and it was terrific after that. Our mornings always began at the buffet for breakfast, Jenifer was the hostess that usually seated us. She was always smiling, very pleasant and even helped me with my Spanish. From there we would go to the adult pool, it was quieter and for us that was the draw. We were always served by Xavier - he was awesome. He also helped with my Spanish, and his service was impeccable. He suggested drinks for us, delivered them quickly and he was very personable.
Evenings always began an ended at El Mirador, the martini bar. Cecilia was the server, and she was also awesome. Sincerely friendly, she showed interest in her guests and her service, too, was impeccable. We really enjoyed getting to know her.
We ate at The Dozo and the french restaurant, but our favorite was The Zaffiro (the Italian restaurant) and we ate there four of six nights. Ignacio was a great waiter, and all the hostesses fun and very quick to get you seated.
I always got a coffee most mornings and also in the afternoon. Erika and Javier do a great job at the coffee house, the drinks are good and it was a nice surprise to know that we could get our specialty coffees on vacation.
All in all, the vacation was a success. Our room was well cleaned daily, the bell boys are helpful and friendly and the people working the front desk were also great.
We will definitely return and suggest this hotel to friends.

Room Tip: the rooms facing the adult pool are quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
6  Thank Malachite1957
rodrigodelapena, Director General at Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2017

Dear Malachite1957

Reading reviews is something that I really enjoy doing, but when I read one like yours it really makes my day, I'm really glad you had such an amazing time with us, thank you so much for all your kind comments on our staff and the services they provide to all of our guests, it will be our true pleasure to have you once again in a near future.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 30 September 2017

My friends and I stay here for a few days after a scuba diving trip. Unfortunately, we arrived at the same time as the September 2017 Tropical Storm. I was very impressed with the staff and the care we were given while the community struggled through this tragedy. We only had one day when things were starting to get back to normal so I can't comment much on the beautiful resort, restaurants or amenities (although the bit we saw looked great)! I would love to come back another time to explore more of what this beautiful property has to offer.

As I mentioned, the staff was great- accommodating, helpful, cheerful and entertaining. In particular, we really appreciated Victor. He gave us a great recommendation for souvenir shopping as well as all the options on getting there. He was always very friendly and helpful any time we saw him in the lobby. Thank you Victor!!!

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
5  Thank gensoares
rodrigodelapena, Director General at Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2017

Dear gensoares

Thank you for taking the time to share with us and other travelers your experience and thoughts of your stay with us, it was a shame that you had to experience the storm during your vacations, I hope you may visit us on a near future and like you say "experience everything we have to offer". Please let me know next time you are in town it will be my pleasure personally welcome you to our resort.

Best Regards

Reviewed 29 September 2017

My husband and I travel to Mexico every year. It was time for Cabo and we decided last min to go to Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos. We are trainers for living and we always look for a good gym at the hotel and the beach. When we arrived we were told due to some weather issues the beach is closed, the gym got damaged and it didn't work, the restaurant didn't work and the elevator (we were on the 6th floor). We were extremely disappointed and mentioned to the rep who was checking us in, what they could do for us, he was a bit smiling or whatever that was, than he said he could give us a suite which is usually 150$ per day and he is giving it to us for $120 per night. We couldn't believe it. Spending 3K and not getting anything for that money which we saved for the trip. Than he said he can't do anything, we didn't want our day to be ruined and were very tired from the trip. We decided to take it up with expedia, as there was no point of talking to anyone from customer service. After the trip we had issues with expedia and it took us 3 weeks to get a response from the hotel, and they said they can't do anything for us, and mentioned that the gym didn't work for 2 days, but we checked with front desk every day regarding the gym and they kept on saying that it's still not working - which was very disappointing as we were not looking for refund or such, just an acknowledgement from the management checking on us or asking if everything was fine would have changed a lot.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
5  Thank 925beta
Francisco S, Director General at Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2017

Dear 925beta,

First of all let me thank you for choosing Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos for your recent vacations and specially thank you for taking the time to write us your detailed review, your feedback is very important for us as we seek for improvement day by day.

I want to offer you my sincerest apologies for the beach and the gym closed, this was out of our hands as we experienced Tropical Storms early those days, and our resort suffered minor damages in those areas. About the quality of service you received I assure you than this experience does not line up with our normal service, due that I extend my apologies if we haven't exceeded your expectations.

We really hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again and that this experience does not diminish your preference for Hyatt.

With Service From The Heart,

Reviewed 29 September 2017

I cannot say enough about the wonderful people that work at this hotel!!
Everyone was so nice and willing to help you with anything you needed.
We had fun hanging out at the Martini Bar in the evening before and after dinner. Our bartender Jesus Hernandez was the best. I am now in love with a "Lemon Pie" drink.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled on business
4  Thank Chris F

Dear Chris F

It is a real pleasure for me reading about our guest experience and yours is one of my favorites, I do enjoy myself the Lemon Pie drink too and Jesus is superb in the preparation. I hope I get the chance to meet you in a near future and share one of those drinks.

Warm Regards

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the Hyatt Ziva August 12-17.
We enjoyed the first two days, especially the spa.

Unfortunately I got up on day 3 very ill and it went downhill from there. I don't have a sensitive stomach and can pretty much eat anything. This wasn't simple upset stomach. Something I ate or drank at dinner on the 2nd night made me sick.

My father in law came down with the same thing at the same time. We both ate the mixed greens salad.

I lost 8 pounds in 3 days. Neither my father in law or I left our rooms the rest of the trip. In fact we changed our flight arrangements to leave two days earlier than we expected. When I got home I went straight to the hospital. I have never felt so miserable and weak on my life.

The hotel manager tried to be sympathetic while maintaining that they weren't at fault. Everything we ate or drank came from the resort. It's just not worth the risk to your health. I wouldn't go back if it was free.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
4  Thank Michael W

Dear Michael W,

First we hope your and your father in law's health have improved and wish you wellness everyday, thank you for choosing Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos for your recent vacations and for taking the time to give us a detailed feedback of your experience.

We are very sorry for the inconveniences this may have caused you and your family, I assure you this experience does not line up with the regular service we aim to provide everyday to our guests. Likewise your comments are extremely valuable for us as we seek for improvement everyday.

On behalf of all Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos team we extend our apologies and hope this experience does not diminish your preference for Hyatt.

With Service From The Heart,