“Instructor brought his girlfriend along!”
Review of Surf in Cabo

and up
Surfing Class for Beginners in Los Cabos
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Company 100% Mexican by origin and is mainly dedicated to the service of guiding surf tours to beginners to expert level surfers, we also provide SUP & SURF lessons. We are far beyond to be only an ocean lovers we count with different certifications and speciality TOURIST GUIDE CERTIFICATION provided by Federal Mexican Tourism Officce & Surf Coaucj Level 1 by I.S.A. We know each costumer is different, that's why we have different options adjusting our services to your time and budget.
Reviewed 19 March 2018

I booked a surf lesson for my 13 year old granddaughter with this company because of all the great reviews here about David. We live in Arizona so not a lot of opportunities for surfing there, my granddaughter has gone surfing a few times when we were in San Diego and loved it. I'm saying that so you will know she's a beginner. Anyway called and David was able to hook us up with an instructor for the following day; at Pescacito Beach, which is part of Zippers apparently. So we met Bernardo there at the appointed time and the lesson began. I short time later a girl came and sat down next to me and said that she worked for the same company as Bernardo and was going to take pictures for us and email then to us at no charge. I said that was great and she proceeded to take pictures. After perhaps half an hour the waves kind of died down and there wasn't a lot going on so the photographer girl jumped into the water for a swim. No problem. However when the waves came back she did not come back, she continued swimming and then went over to say hello to Bernardo and proceeded to get on his board and paddle around. My granddaughter said at this point he introduced her as his girlfriend. The worst part was that then he got on the board with his girlfriend and they paddled around and completely ignored my granddaughter! They at times were not even in the same part of the water as my granddaughter and she was out there by herself!!! This continued for half an hour, and I was furious. The girl never came back to where I was sitting to take anymore pictures even though the waves picked back up. She played in the water with her boyfriend on my lesson time that I was paying for; both of them on his surf board! The lesson time was in no way over with as I had asked for the 1.5 hour lesson. When the lesson was over and they all came back to where I was sitting, Bernardo said to me 'oh she did great, she doesn't need anymore lessons'. I was like 'huh?' Then he said 'we rent surf boards for $40 a day, you could rent one and she can surf by herself'. I looked at him dumbfounded and said 'how would I get it to the beach?' He asked 'do you have a car?' I said a rental car yes but there was no way to put a surfboard on top of it and I wouldn't feel comfortable driving with it. He said ' oh well we could bring it to the beach for you; I could come and just stand by and work for tips only with her'. I said ok well I would talk to her and we would get back to him about it. I was then told that I would receive the pictures in my email 'tomorrow morning'; which was yesterday morning and ya, I have not received them yet. The thought of him telling me that a 13 year old girl who has probably surfed 3 or 4 times in her life and not for awhile is now ready to surf by herself in the ocean is ridiculous. Also we had not checked the tides and at the time she had this lesson the tide was going out, which at that particular beach means it's pretty rocky. My granddaughter didn't like the beach due to the rocks which she said 'were everywhere'; I guess due to the low tide? I would think the surfing instructor would inform us of that and say maybe we should choose a different time of day due to the low tide and rocks or maybe find a different beach? I guess from all the reviews David is the instructor to go with as I wouldn't recommend Bernardo and his girlfriend.

2  Thank CandyC
in 19 reviews
"session"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 13 January 2018

We had a great time with David. We booked the Surfcamp in Scorpion Bay, which included Surflessons, Lunch and the Hotel-rooms.
David picked us up at the airport in San Jose del Cabo, drove with us to Scorpion Bay, and dropped us off in La Paz after our stay with him.
Breakfast was included in the Hotel. For Lunch, David cooked us different typical Mexican Meals, which we enjoyed everytime. For diner, we went to the small and cozy Restaurants in Scorpion Bay.
The Surfing Lessons were great, David always managed us to catch good waves and he gave us very good tips.
Over all, we're glad that we picked SurfinCabo, we would pick it again without hesitation, it was a pleasure to stay with David.

David A, Owner at Surf in Cabo, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Hello Yanick & crew, glad to hear from you. Yes it was a really nice trip. Thank you for your comments and positive vibes from the beginning to end. Is always nice to share that kind of trip with great people like you.

Hope you also had a great time in La Paz.

Meybe we'll catch up in the future for another great surf trip.

Many thanks