1,681 results
All reviewsxhale clubquiet poolkibbehwink barbites restaurantfoam partyla bibliotecaroom servicefish netfreestyle poolbarefoot grillmarina viewrooftop loungesecond buildingfishing boatstechno musicdrinks flowing
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Breathless is a beautiful resort. The staff is amazing as well as the food.
We had a room over looking the Harbor, as I think all rooms are. It was so interesting to watch the boats leaving and coming in with their catch.

The hotel is weird though. There are 2 pools, 1 (the quiet one) is located right off the main floor over looking the Harbor. This is the only pool we visited, kudos to Chase (aka Ben Rothlesberger) amazing waited and great to remeber our drinks and he did a great job keeping us hydrated.

The second pool is located in a different building so you had to go down elevator, walk to another building, take those elevators up to pool. It was not convenient at all. I am sure they can figure out a way to make a walk way so it is not so difficult.

We did walk to the 2nd pool for the breakfast buffet that is located. The 2nd pool is still very beautiful over looking the ocean. We just didn't want to bother swimming here so far away from our rooms.

We loved the Italian restaurant. The steak was amazing. Mario was a complete Gem and always on point with what we needed.

If there was an easier way to get to the second building. I would not hesitate at all to have given it 5 stars.

We ordered boxed lunches for our fishing trip and it was brought to our room prissily at 6am for when we wanted to leave.

Definitely one of my favorite places to go to. I will be back a few more times here.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

Rooms views and amenities were lovely. Music in abundance poolside. Loved the Pool Foam parties and the great poolside service by Daniel Sanchez at the big party pool and Chase at the more tranquil pool. For an international location, Great DJ music provided.
Folks recommendations for breakfast at Bites was on point- loved the Chilaquiles, freshly squeezed juices and my morning Cappuccinos. The Bites Crew - Azucena, Bruno, Michael and Neftali- did what they could to accommodate our requests. (Be patient with the possible language barrier.) Room service, In-room bar fridge and restaurants should be used. FYI- you'll be so focused on the beautiful pool view, you might miss the great buffet restaurant right there. (Believe it was called Spoons.) Thanks Breathless Cabo!

Room Tip: Get room closer to the Big Pool/Restaurants; shortens walks. Room on a higher floor to avoid party noise... even w/ balcony door is closed.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed 17 October 2017

I have been to many resorts and was apprehensive when we booked this one. This location and type of resort is not what I am used to. It was such a great surprise to me that I absolutely loved this resort. The rooms are awesome, all have a view of the marina and it is wonderful to watch the boats coming and going and the sea lions. Daytime pool time was wonderful, we had a great waiter, Daniel Sanchez that catered to our every need! He brought us a blow up cooler filled with our preferred drinks and when another waiter told us they were out of our choices, never failed that Daniel showed up with whatever we wanted. I have never had such personalized service as what Daniel provided our group! The food was pretty good, I enjoyed the break fast at the Bites versus the buffet. The ala carte places took too much time between courses and since we only stayed 4 nights we never made the buffet. The night life was okay, but I would recommend that the DJ at the roof top bar take request. There were very few people there and he would not play any of the music that our large group preferred. He played the same music every night. This resort is located within walking distance everything. I would recommend taking an evening and walking the marina and stopping to eat and have a drink at some of the local places. There is shopping of all kinds and much entertainment there! I would definitely go back! Hats off to Breathless Cabo...except for the DJ.

Room Tip: rooms in the middle above the quiet pool can be noisy in the morning when the locals are getting ready to go out fishing.
Reviewed 16 October 2017

The only people giving this resort 5 stars have to be those that are young and interested in partying their whole vacation away. I am older and have been to 5 star resorts and this in no way matches up to those in terms of facilities or service.

I was concerned going into my stay based on some reviews/descriptions but was meeting others at the hotel so I opted to stay even after being offered to switch accommodations to the sister resort, Secrets.

The resort is in a fantastic location if you are looking to take advantage of town and all of the things going on in the marina.That is where the five star rating begins and ends.

Despite being two years old, the facility looks dated and is in need of some upgrading in the common areas. The rooms are ample in size but offer minimal bathroom privacy. The mini bars are supplied with a limited amount of items though a phone call will get you more of what you need. The ironing board was so small, it took 20 minutes to iron an article of clothing. Views from the deck of the marina were good.

The party pool seems to be where everyone gets the best service but the the music was deafening to the point of not being able to have a conversation. Our initial tour of the pool exposed us to a little lewd behavior so we opted for the quiet pool during our stay. The service there was "spotty" at best. There is a roped off beach area for guests but it is very small. If a gym is high on your priority list, run FROM this facility. It was terrible!

I thought the food in all the restaurants was very good although we did opt to eat outside of the resort a couple of times. Kind of defeats the point of all-inclusive but we wanted to experience town also. There is a Mexican restaurant on the grounds but it is not included in all packages and will require extra charges. We did eat there and it was good. I must disclose that my girlfriend and a fellow traveler did get sick from something at the restaurants but we could not zero in on one cause. In addition, several people that we met also caught the "bug". Notification to the staff seemed to fall on deaf ears.

Vendors in town are persistent and can be downright pushy in some cases.

It seems that as you move further away from town, you get nicer accommodations but the distance is the trade-off. If I am going to be farther from town, I am going to want a nicer beach and body of water. The Caribbean certainly offers that over Cabo.

If you are NOT looking for a party atmosphere, stay away from this facility, If you ARE, then this might be the place for you.

Good luck in your searches!

1  Thank familyguy62
Reviewed 15 October 2017 via mobile

Visited Cabo for the first time with 12 others! The hotel was beautiful! We spent our days at the pool and had impeccable service from our waiter Daniel Sanchez. We had bottle service and requested his area every day. He keeps the drinks coming and the beer cold! I can't wait to go back!

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends