Tesoro Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)
US$110
US$340
  • Pool
Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa Los Cabos(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$166
  • Pool
Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos Beach Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$341
Bookit.com
  • Pool
Cabo Inn Hotel(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$48
  • Pool
Playa Grande Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$152
  • Pool
Welk Resorts Sirena Del Mar(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$159
US$140
Official Hotel
Marina Fiesta Resort & Spa(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$137
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Holiday Inn Express Cabo San Lucas(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$66
Solmar Resort(Cabo San Lucas)(Great Value!)
US$95
3,319 results
All reviewsdon diegocupcake cafecupcakeswhale watcher bartortuga beachagave restaurantwhite partyvip poolstones clubroyal elite membersfinisterra suiteswim up barmiddle pooloverlooking the marinathe pacific oceantime shareentertainment team
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

It's been almost 5 months since we returned from our week long trip to Sandos Finisterra. I wish I had written this review immediately so I would've remembered more specifics to share. But I owe it to the excellent service we received at the resort to still write this review. This was a different resort experience than other all inclusives we have visited around the world because of its proximity to town. We went into town almost every day. It was a 10 minute walk to the edge of town and marina. We enjoyed the break from the all inclusive and felt we got a better view and experience of the culture and local scene by doing so. The rooms at this all inclusive were just ok. We did have a balcony and could see the ocean from it but the water was a long way from the hotel rooms. The rooms were very plain and kind of outdated feeling. But they were large and clean. We had a very hard bed that was not comfortable. But others traveling with us had a bed that was very comfortable. So I don't think this is consistent between rooms. The service throughout this resort was very good. You can tell there is a real culture of community service here. Led no doubt by their manager, Nikki, whom we had the pleasure of meeting and visiting with. She was very personable and intelligent and I know will keep making improvements to this resort. Some of our favorites about this resort were the swim up bar and all the fun activities that took place around it. I especially enjoyed music trivia and bingo. Lily from the entertainment team was especially fun to talk to and had the right personality for the job. She pulled you right into the fun. The buffet restaurant is where we had breakfast each morning. What a different atmosphere from other all inclusives where people are buzzing all around you getting food constantly. The buffet itself was in a separate room from where you sat. And the room where you sat was very upscale looking and the music was so peaceful and the view was outstanding. Fernando was the absolute best waiter in there. He made us feel so special. Truly like family. He made my morning start off right each day. This is he first time in all my travels I've ever recalled specific employee names to include in my review even though I didn't write this one until five months later. I think that speaks volumes to the impression these individuals made. Simply the best. We also enjoyed the whale watchers bar, what a beautiful venue for a pre dinner drink. And yes, we did see whales. We also enjoyed the coffee shop where I had a frappucino most days. But the best part of this resort to us was the spa. Top notch. It is built into the side of a cliff and has an exotic feel. We went back two days. We splurged and did the private cabana experience at sunset and it was one of the most romantic experiences of my life. Beautiful view, champagne, chocolate covered strawberries, therapists washing your feet in large copper basins, excellent massages in the breeze and a private open air hot tub for afterwards. Do. It.

Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Amy B
WebRelations_SF, Director General at Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2017

Dear Amy,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share with all of us this review, it's a true pleasure to know that your overall experience with us was enjoyable and met your expectations. Comments like yours motivate us constantly to do our best to maintain the quality of the service we provide and to improve every day.

Hope that we can be of service to you again in the near future.

Reviewed 20 July 2017

We had our wedding here on 7/1/17 along with 25 guests and it was hands down the best vacation experience I have ever had! Our wedding coordinator, Lupita, was amazing and the staff treated us like royalty! We will definately be back!

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank lpraytor42
WebRelations_SF, Director General at Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Dear lpraytor42,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to share with all of us your valuable review about your wedding. Also thank you for mentioning Lupita and our staff.
We are glad to read that your experience with us was pleasant and hope that we can be of service to you again in the near future, maybe next anniversary?

We look forward to keep welcoming you for many years to come.

Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

We had our wedding here on 7/15/17. The wedding itself exceeded my expectations. I was a little nervous as I had never been to the resort and picked it based on other reviews I read about the resort and wedding coordinator. Our wedding coordinator, Lupita, communicated with me through email the entire time and her and her assistant Valeria were able to nail our wedding as if we had lengthy conversations in person. Reverend Juan was also great. He is very nice and made our ceremony personable. My husband and I couldn't have asked for a more beautiful place to get married at. We had our ceremony on the beach and paid extra to have the reception on the terrace. It was so worth it. The view was incredible and ambiance was fun and romantic. The food was amazing!

We originally booked the Jr Suite but got an upgrade with the wedding package. Our upgraded room was so nice! We loved it. However, some of our guests, including my parents, were in the older Jr suites and they were not as impressive. I felt bad that my parents had to request another room because they were placed in an area with poor views and uncomfortable beds.

Don Diego had great buffet meals, Agave had amazing shrimp tacos and at night Agave serves incredible steaks. The cupcake store has the best coffee in the resort and the deserts are great too.
Room service had decent food, good enough to kill the drunken hunger late at night lol.

I recommend booking services at the spa. It's so nice!

All of our guests seemed pleased with the resort, however, it seems we all had less than pleasant experiences at the Italian restaurant, Emiliano's.
During our last night, We had a group of 10 that went to dinner there and they were not very welcoming. They seemed annoyed that we asked to put a few tables together so all of us could sit together. One of our friends spoke to the staff in Spanish to make our request. Then the staff member and manager turned around and started talking crap about us in Spanish. Our friend turned to them and reminded them that he understood everything they said. He was so upset with the lack of service and professionalism that he got up from the table and left. As we sat at the tables that were outside, a few unexpected guests joined us and rather than annoying the staff for another table, my husband and I just sat inside and were unable to enjoy the meal with our guests.

The night prior, my husbands family (many of them flew in from England) had a similar experience at Emiliano's. They requested for a few tables to be put together and their request was declined. They were told they could go to another restaurant if they wanted to all sit together.

So aside from the older rooms and staff at Emiliano's, our stay and wedding were amazing.
We look forward to visiting the resort again in the future.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Amanda V

Dear Amanda,

We appreciate your valuable review about our hotel and specially your comments from your recent wedding at Sandos Finisterra. We appreciate all forms of guest feedback, and it is through constructive comments that we are able to continually improve our services for our guests. We are truly sorry that we didn’t meet your expectations regarding your dinner at Emiliano´s, we will follow up every single one of your comments with the staff responsible for the area.

We sincerely hope you visit us again.

Kind Regards!

Reviewed 19 July 2017

Can't say enough about the staff at this hotel. From the front lobby to the cleaning staff. The food was great and the location couldn't have been better. Can't wait to go back and enjoy another week.

• Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
WebRelations_SF, Director General at Sandos Finisterra Los Cabos, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2017

Dear Cowboy68

Thank you for taking the time to share your rewiew about your recent stay with us. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your experience and are looking forward to your return again soon!

Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

We had a great time at Sandos Finisterra! This hotel lived up to the positive reviews it often gets on Trip Advisor. I'll rate some categories using a 5 star grade below.

Check In: (5) Completely painless. We arrived around 10:15AM. There was no line and complete attention was given to us. Our room wasn't ready, but most rooms are not ready until 3PM anyway. A quick 15 min introduction to the hotel was presented to us by a welcoming staff member. No pressure to attend their time share pitch. I know a lot of people complain about this, but we were not bothered after a simple no thank you. Our room was ready by 1:30PM. Not bad.

Rooms: (3) We had a junior suite ocean view room on the 2nd floor. (1209) The room was pretty big. King size bed, small refrigerator, 5 gallon water dispenser, small sofa, table, 2 chairs, flat screen tv, and a safe. The balcony had a small plastic table and 2 plastic chairs. The rooms could use some updating for sure. The furniture is plain and so is the decor. The room was comfortable however. Each room has an individual A.C. unit with remote. It worked well. Water pressure in shower was awesome.

Grounds: (5) Beautiful! The hotel grounds don't really differ much from the professional photos you see on Trip Advisor. I really enjoyed the two very different views this hotel offers. One side is all Pacific Ocean. The other side is the marina and city of Cabo San Lucas. It felt like two different places at times. Very unique!

Cleanliness: (5) Any time I looked up someone was always cleaning something. This hotel stays clean and tidy. Our housekeeper was very thorough and did a great job every day. We never lacked clean towels or anything else.

Restaurants/Food: (3) Anyone that's ever been to an all inclusive resort knows that the food is hit or miss. Same is true for Sandos. While some items like the fresh ceviche and tacos pescado for lunch were delicious, other items were just so so. I tried the sea bass for dinner one night and it was so fishy that I couldn't finish the bite I took. Lol! No big deal because you simply order something else.The restaurants themselves are super cute and comfy. I really enjoyed the fire oven pizza they make during the day at the pool. If you go hungry here it's your fault. Surely you'll like something.

Alcohol: (3) While there are some name brands available, they resort doesn't carry them all. Here are some examples of what they do have: Vodka: Stoli, Absolute. Rum: Captain Morgan, Bacardi. Whiskey: Jim Beam. Tequila: Cuervo 1800. Scotch: Johnny Walker Red.

Pools: (5) Sandos offers 3 large beautiful pools. The middle pool is reserved for the adults. There was music playing, and at times an employee would DJ a little. The middle pool has a swim up bar and some of the bar is partially shaded. The palm trees at the pools are tall and skinny and don't offer much protection from the sun. Bring your sunscreen from home. It will cost you $30 USD at the hotel. There is plenty of room at the pools for everybody. Nobody wakes up at 6AM to reserve pool chairs here. In fact you have your pick of the litter as late as 10AM daily. Norma at the pool is a pro! If you spend any time here you'll meet her quickly. Pools close around 6PM each day.

Beach: (5) I rate this beach a 5 even though you can't swim here. One of our favorite things to do was to get a cabana and two chairs each day. We brought our own Bluetooth audio devise and just chilled watching the waves. The waves are absolutely incredible! There are security guards at each resort along the beach to make sure everyone stays safe. The currents are extremely dangerous. You are putting your life at risk getting too close to the water. Again, it was stunning to watch the waves each day! The breeze coming off the Pacific coupled with the mist from the waves almost makes it chilly on a 90°day!

Summary: Go visit this resort. You'll be comfortable the entire time. The amenities make it worth the price you'll pay for it being all inclusive and it's reasonably priced compared to the Playa Grande, Resort at Pedregal, and the Grand Solmar nearby. (All beautiful) We loved the view from the whale watchers bar each evening, and the view of the city at night. Spectacular! You are only a 5 minute walk to the marina area where you can find just about anything you're looking for from food to adventure. Keith Richards from The Rolling Stones was married here on this property in 1983. I believe it was in the Whale Watchers Bar overlooking the Pacific.

Helpful Tips:

1. Bring a YETI rambler or tumbler and use it at the pools and beach. There's no service on the beach and you'll cut down your bar trips this way.

2. Ask for an elevated floor for a better view.

3. Bring a Bluetooth speaker!

4. Tip your servers and housekeepers. A few dollars of gratitude each day will go a long way for these hard working employees. They deserve it!

5. Have dinner at EL Farallon one night at the Resort at Pedregal. Reservations are required. Hands down the most beautiful place I've ever eaten! Delicious seafood with amazing portions.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Erick B

Dear Erick,

We appreciate the time you have taken to write this positive feedback about your stay in Sandos Finisterra. We are glad that your experience with us was pleasant and hope that we can be of service to you again in the near future.