See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 15 April 2017 via mobile

This hotel was more like a motel. It was a mix of good and bad. Here is my assessment:

The Good:
Location: it just a few blocks away from the center of town and pretty close to lots of restaurants.
The Room: we stayed in a two bedroom suite. It was roomy and very comfortable. Two big bathrooms and plenty of common seating areas including a big terrace with a nice view.
The Restaurant: there is a rooftop restaurant which was very nice.

The Bad:
Very noisy. The street noise was very loud until about 11:00 pm. For me that was a problem.
There is no lobby or common sitting area, just a hallway to your room. And for the record, there is no swimming pool. Had I known that, we would not have stayed there.
There is no concierge, so if you need help picking a restaurant or making other arrangements forget about asking the staff. The gals in the office were completely unhelpful and surly. The guys made an effort and were helpful at times by driving us places.
Personally, when I'm on vacation I want more amenities than this hotel offered and I'm willing to pay for it. For that reason alone I would not stay there again.

One more thing that made me very angry, we booked this room through Booking.com. We had guaranteed price of $845. I reconfirmed that price the the day before the trip. However, the hotel charged us $972. about an 18% increase. We can't figure out how they came with that. It wasn't the exchange rate. Booking.com was no help either. Not a big deal but lesson learned.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Sanbrau
Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

We enjoy our great experience at El Palomar Hotel. The Staff it's great!!
Superb location with incredible view from the roof top where Antonia Bistro it's located.
Enjoy the Suite 3. Strongly recommend for those special moments.

Roberto

Date of stay: April 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 11 April 2017 via mobile

I quickly learned that parking is a huge hustle in San Miguel de Allende so this Hotel was God sent. After going around and around the city looking for a parking spot and place to stay we came along El Palomar, it has its own parking. The staff quickly parked our car and unloaded our luggage. I had no reservation so and it was a busy Saturday morning. The staff was friendly and welcoming. Their only room available was a two room suite for $4000 pesos/night (around $230 bucks). I had no choice and for sure i was not going to go around looking for a parking spot. This room could have easily accommodated a family of at least 5-6.
The room was very specious, beds were comfy, linen looked cleaned, and the two bathrooms were nice clean and fancy.
Breakfast was complementary and tasty.
Staff always ready to help out.
Location was great, a 2 minute walk to la Plaza Principal and walking distance to most famous places. we never took a taxi since and pretty much walked all around the city.
The only negative side, and not the hotel's fault, was my allergy to goose-feather pillow which i am allergic too and broke out in hives, a 50mg Benadryl helped out though.
Overall, great staff, location, and comfort

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Ivan C
Reviewed 6 March 2017

El Palomar is located on a street corner on a hill as you enter San Miguel de Allende. Going back and forth to the city center is very tiring.

There is bus and truck traffic at all times. We stayed in room 2, a room with windows that are in front of the street corner. The windows were not soundproof, so we were not able to sleep at night.

Avoid this hotel, there are much better choices in San Miguel.

Room tip: Avoid room 2
Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 5 January 2017

A perfect location, near the center of town and within walking distance of basically anywhere you'd want to go in San Miguel. We stayed in Room #7, probably one of the most picturesque rooms in the hotel! There are only 10 rooms, so it is definitely a boutique hotel. There is a rooftop bar with views of the entire city. If you do not stay at the hotel, be sure to visit the rooftop bar!
The room is spacious with extremely comforable comforters and pillows. All amenities in the bathroom are first-rate! Can't wait for a return visit!
The staff were most friendly and accomodating. Not a single complaint!

Room tip: Best view: Room number 7
Date of stay: December 2016