“Don't miss this gem! ”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Everything we had was incredible! This is a sweet, clean, friendly family restaurant, that makes incredible food! Don't miss the bacon wrapped shrimp,nachos or the sangria yum. Great padio seating on a lovely street. We will be back again and again, thumbs up!

Reviewed 5 May 2018

this is a very small place, only seats about 15 people, but it has a nice menu with many different choices. there's fish, steak, burgers etc.
No language problem as the menu is in both English and Spanish and the chef speaks English very well. Food was very tasty and fresh.
Nice neighborhood find.

Reviewed 17 April 2018

Mercedes owns the restaurant with her husband and it is frequently visited by their daughter, Andrea. It is the most cozy restaurant in or just outside of San Antonio, where we live. I am sorry I do not remember her husband’s name, because he is equally gracious. My espanol is very little, so Mercedes is such a big help.
As for the food...
The arrechera is amazing, the trout is very good, the house/cilantro dressing is also very good. The rice is somehow plain, but yummy.
Obviously not everything on a menu at any restaurant is usually a five star, but as one with a culinary background and a love for SMA, Mercedes restaurant is definitely a go-to place in our neighborhood for me. We will return again and again.
Note: For some reason, this form is not letting me rate them by category, so I will just have to add that my ratings are different depending on small town vs big city, state by state, country by country and I tend to rate on the tough side. When I rated mid-range cost, that is to say, you can eat yummy tacos, etc., from street carts cheaper, but you can spend a lot at the “fine dining” restaurants here, so I would say it is a good middle to lower cost place.

Reviewed 13 April 2018

There are lots of fantastic neighborhood restaurants beyond el centro. El Rinconcito is a family-run spot in the San Antonio neighborhood, a twenty-minute walk from the jardin. A friend had the trout, which looked delicious. I had the grilled shrimp on a bed of rice. Fresh and delicious. Very friendly service.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Once my husband and I discovered this place, we came back every evening for dinner. Simple dining and food with the richness of authentic Mexican cuisine. We were also craving for margaritas and flan as other places we tried were disappointing, but here, we found our place!