“Mexican and gringo comfort food”
Review of La Frontera

La Frontera
Price range: US$1 - US$10
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Weekly specials along with a Mexican-American Comfort Food menu. Wine, Beer and Margaritas are available. A casual atmosphere with indoor-outdoor seating and game area. Convenient location and lots of parking.
Reviewed 21 February 2018

Are you tired of eating Mexican food?
They have everything from Chicken Soup with Matzo balls and brisket , to taco salad and frajitas.
This is a very gringo place. The servers speak good English.
We’ve enjoyed the matzo ball soup, great taco salad, as well as BLT and brisket

Reviewed 20 February 2018

There are so many great restaurants in San miguel de allende, an owner needs to be great in all areas - not just good food.
We went to lunch at La Frontera and although the food was good and the service by the waiter was good, we found the female owner and her companion who were sitting at the front counter, to be lacking in social graces.
The companion was smoking some sort of pipe that was hooked up to the internet.
There is a law that there is no smoking inside restaurants.
The female owner was telling another person about the discussion she had with someone and she was using the F word and other curse words.
Not so great for your customers to being seeing this and hearing this when they are trying to enjoy their meal.

1  Thank Candiane
NorenCaceres, Owner at La Frontera, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2018

My companion vapes -- it is not smoke, I'm very sensitive to smoke and personally find that this has almost no smell aside from a bit of a cinnamon scent. Many of my customers and I have a very familiar relationship since many come in on a daily basis. I suppose I need to be more careful when people are eavesdropping on my conversations.

Reviewed 16 February 2018 via mobile

Very warmly welcomed and since we with friends who had dined here before we felt like family settling down for a feast of food and jovial conversation ... such a menu to choose from.. we ordered and shared the Burrito , Taco Salad, tortilla chips, generous portions of sauces and greens and finished with a quesadilla....portions are generous and very delicious... a very reasonable price for the meal

NorenCaceres, Owner at La Frontera, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2018

Thanks for coming in! Happy to hear you all enjoyed it!

Reviewed 13 February 2018

My husband and I have been to La Frontera 3 times this year. Twice I had the Meatloaf, which is the Monday special. And once I had the Shrimp Tacos, the Friday special. I hear from friends that the Wednesday special is Filet Mignon, and that it's quite good.
The food is decent, and the prices fair. I don't know that I've ever seen a Mexican customer there, and the Margaritas are pretty weak. But it attracts the gringos, and the white wine is good. There's a pleasant outdoor area where, now that it's warmed up, people can sit.
It's not a place where I would take visitors to San Miguel. But if you want some simple comfort food, La Frontera is a good place to go.

NorenCaceres, Owner at La Frontera, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2018

Surprise, surprise, we have a growing Mexican clientelle!

Reviewed 20 January 2018

The daily specials at La Frontera are excellent. I recently had the fried chicken dinner...with mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans and some excellent fried chicken!! On other occasions, I've had the meat loaf and fish fry dinners and they are always yummy! I also love the drowned baked potato...and my husband loves the drowned burritto. Food here is consistently good and service is relatively prompt.

1  Thank sswksq
NorenCaceres, Owner at La Frontera, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

Thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you again.