“A Nice "Gringo" Place to Have Dinner”
Review of La Frontera

La Frontera
Price range: US$1 - US$10
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Weekly specials along with a Mexican-American Comfort Food menu. Wine, Beer and Margaritas are available. A casual atmosphere with indoor-outdoor seating and game area. Convenient location and lots of parking.
Reviewed 13 February 2018

My husband and I have been to La Frontera 3 times this year. Twice I had the Meatloaf, which is the Monday special. And once I had the Shrimp Tacos, the Friday special. I hear from friends that the Wednesday special is Filet Mignon, and that it's quite good.
The food is decent, and the prices fair. I don't know that I've ever seen a Mexican customer there, and the Margaritas are pretty weak. But it attracts the gringos, and the white wine is good. There's a pleasant outdoor area where, now that it's warmed up, people can sit.
It's not a place where I would take visitors to San Miguel. But if you want some simple comfort food, La Frontera is a good place to go.

NorenCaceres, Owner at La Frontera, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2018

Surprise, surprise, we have a growing Mexican clientelle!

Reviewed 20 January 2018

The daily specials at La Frontera are excellent. I recently had the fried chicken dinner...with mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans and some excellent fried chicken!! On other occasions, I've had the meat loaf and fish fry dinners and they are always yummy! I also love the drowned baked potato...and my husband loves the drowned burritto. Food here is consistently good and service is relatively prompt.

1  Thank sswksq
NorenCaceres, Owner at La Frontera, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2018

Thank you for your review. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 17 January 2018

This place has a lot of options to satisfy the gringos who want Mexican food, but are a little too nervous to try authentic Mexican food off the street. I recommend the burrito, which is very filling and reasonably priced.

NorenCaceres, Owner at La Frontera, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2018

Thanks for your review. The theme of the restaurant is Mexican-American Comfort Food, so, yes, we do cater to a gringo palette. I'm happy you enjoyed it.

Reviewed 17 January 2018

La Frontera's meatloaf special is on Monday but since it was Tuesday we took a chance to see if any was left in the kitchen- Bingo- It is definitely the best in San Miguel, perhaps the best anywhere- An enormous portion smothered in delicious red sauce with grilled onions, french fries and green beans. I had every intention of taking 1/2 of it home but when I looked down it was all gone. There's a good chance I'll be back most Mondays. 130 pesos.

1  Thank Balidude
NorenCaceres, Owner at La Frontera, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2018

Happy to hear you lucked out! This past Monday we had to make more in the evening, because everyone came in for Meatloaf.

Reviewed 14 January 2018

Enjoyed ThanksGiving Dinner with friends at this restaurant. The meal was delicious. The atmosphere was warm and inviting. The service, even though very busy, was excellent. Returned another day for lunch and was not disappointed. Will return.

1  Thank pru49
NorenCaceres, Owner at La Frontera, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Happy to hear you enjoyed your holidays with us! Thanks for coming.