“ITALY IS CLOSER THAN YOU THINK!”

Spaghetteria La Cucina di Afrodita
Price range: US$4 - US$8
Description: Within the new Mercado SANO on the upper floor food hall, we serve traditional freshly cooked Italian pasta recipes, soups, minestrone etc. Daily specials include fresh pasta all'uovo (fettuccine, spaghetti, lasagne), arancini (typical Sicilian rice balls) and more. Sit at our bar and eat straight off the cooker or have a table. Open from 12 PM to 5 PM on weekdays, from 11 AM to 6 PM on weekends.
Reviewed 7 September 2017

Who knew that I could get Italian pasta right here in Mexico? Not Italian pasta a la Mexico ....Italian pasta a la Italy! Fresh, delicious and a perfect lunch or dinner. Four of us met for lunch and instead of our usual "salad bar" lunch, we decided to have a real comida - a big satisfying bowl of Italian pasta. They had four offerings that day and we each chose a different one so that we could sample them all! All equally wonderful! Next year we shall take a taxi to their rancho in the country and have a big Sunday meal! Can hardly wait. Don't pass this place up.

Laura67567, Owner at Spaghetteria La Cucina di Afrodita, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Thank you Nezzie.
We are glad you liked our place and hope to have the pleasure to see you and your friends again.
Regards

Reviewed 26 April 2017 via mobile

We stopped by Spaghetteria de Cucina di Afrodita at the Mercado Sano on Ancha San Antonio for lunch. The pasta was the best we have ever eaten. Pasta al dente. Sauces were perfect!

Unfortunately we did not have dessert. We may have to return tonight!

The owners are a very lovely couple from Sicily (so of course they know what they are doing, eh?)

Great Mercado to stock up on healthy food items, all in one location.

Laura67567, Owner at Spaghetteria La Cucina di Afrodita, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2017

Thank you very much Marie for trying our pasta.
We hope to see you again for our desserts.

Warm regards

Reviewed 17 March 2017

If you are at the Saturday organic market and don't want Mexican food, this would be a choice. We tried two pasta dishes, neither very memorable and a little pricey when compared to other offerings. There are way too many great places to get a bargain meal in SMA.

Laura67567, Owner at Spaghetteria La Cucina di Afrodita, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2017

Dear customer,
I'm sorry you didn't find "memorable" your experience with us.
About our prices, I would like to inform you that we serve, and so we buy, italian products.
Obviously the cost cannot be the same of a street taco, of course.
Our prices range between 4.50 and 6,50 USD dollars, using the best ingredients available on the market (as with our home made natural cheeses or wild Alaskan smoked salmon).
I find difficult to define pricey dishes prepared with such first quality ingredients.
We love constructive criticisms but I didn't read in your review the dishes you chose, nor the price you paid for them.
Have another great day in SMA.

Have a great day

Laura Buccheri

Reviewed 28 December 2016

Spaghetteria La Cucina di Afrodita at Mercado SANO is spot-on! Miss it and you'll regret not eating there. Just go up the front stairs at the Mercado.

Laura and her team do an amazing job with a very small space to work in. And they do it with smiles and suggestions about what would be a good choice.

My visiting friend (a high school classmate I've known for 60 years) couldn't decide so the joven taking her order suggested salmon with pasta. She decided she'd try it and she fell in love with it. We had to go back before she returned to KC and she had to have the salmon again. I had chicken with a delicious sauce.

Hubby and I have been to a party catered by Laura and Justin and their team in a private home. Unbelievable food and the desserts were to die for! All with smiles and helpful suggestions and friendly conversations. Good people doing a great job!

Laura67567, Owner at Spaghetteria La Cucina di Afrodita, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2016

Hi Donna!!! We are really glad you liked our place and especially our food. Looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Warm regards

Reviewed 28 November 2016

Upstairs in the new Mercado Sano, La Cucina di Afrodita provides a very good reason to make your way through the numerous stalls and food providers to the top floor for their carefully prepared food. I loved that a young chef cooked my lunch right in front of me in his tiny space. The kale soup was assembled as I watched...nothing from a can here. The fusilli with its rich gorgonzola sauce and crushed pecans was al dente and delicious, Gluten-free pasta is available....just takes a few minutes longer. The apple tarte tartin was a generous slice with the thickest whipped cream ever. Not over-sugared or any unnecessary crust. I had the lemon chia water, which was refreshing and I know....good for me. Someone else having the carrot soup said it was seasoned perfectly. I look forward to coming back and trying other menu items.

Laura67567, Owner at Spaghetteria La Cucina di Afrodita, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2016

Thank you very much. Hope to see you soon again at our place.