Casa Vista d'Oro
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Lo Cosmico(Zipolite)
Hotel Neptuno(Zipolite)
  • Pool
Casa Aamori Hotel(San Agustinillo)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Punta Placer Bungalows(San Agustinillo)
  • Beachfront
Paraiso Del Pescador(San Agustinillo)
  • Beachfront
  • Restaurant
All reviewsguest roomssmall placegreat poolinfinity poolceiling fanamazing viewsevery morningsilviafridgebreezehostwifiterracepropertyoceanbeach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 17, 2017 via mobile

This place has 3 guest rooms all facing an infinity pool that faces the Pacific Ocean. I could stay in that pool all day! Silvia was a wonderful host who made me, a solo traveller, feel welcome. A fresh breakfast greeted us each morning, the rooms were clean and the wifi was good. No air conditioning but the ceiling fan was more than enough. The place is a bit of a walk to Zipolite but it's kind of nice that way. Great place for a very reasonable price (they charged less for single occupancy, which I love!). I hope to come back someday soon.

Stayed: March 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed May 5, 2017

Casa Vista D'Oro is managed by Silvia from Italy who is a pleasant and truly helpful host.
There are 3 guest rooms with walk-in bathroom and private entrance.
The rooms are not that large but open by sliding doors to a generous sized terrace and pool area with comfortable seating.
The infinity pool is a treasure, the view from the pool and the terrace justifies the name of the place.
The breakfast is continental and we loved Silvias wonderful Italian coffee in the morning.
The Casa is on a short unpaved road from the highway, the entry gate is at GPS coordinates N 15º 39' 49.32" /
W 096º 31' 30.65".

Stayed: April 2017
Reviewed May 2, 2017

Such a lovely hotel, clean and amazing views, but the owners dog barked outside our room loudly and often in the night. It was a real shame and woke us up every night/early morning.

Breakfast was served every morning and the room was cleaned well and towels replaced as needed. No air con just fans. It was a lot cooler here than by the beach though.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 12, 2017 via mobile

I spent 5 nights at the Casa Vista d'Oro, leaving on the Tuesday of Semana Santa. I arrived from Oaxaca (6 hrs by bus to Pochutla, then 30 mins/160 pesos by taxi).

Casa Vista isn't a hotel. It's a house. The manager, Silvia, lives upstairs. Downstairs, three rooms are rented out. Each room has patio doors which open out on to the pool. Silvia was out when I arrived, and was often out during the daytimes, but she's usually around at breakfast time. Unless you're a particularly demanding guest, this works perfectly well. You can help yourself to drinking water (free of charge) and beer from the fridge (write down what you take) from the kitchen 24/7.

Breakfast, to be honest, isn't anything. I suspect it's offered purely and simply because of the house's location away from town. It's the same every day:
- a glass of fresh orange juice
- a cup (or two) of coffee
- thinly sliced pieces of three fruits (changes daily but usually strawberry, watermelon, honeydew, papaya, or mamey)
- two small slices of toast
- butter and jam
If you're staying for a day or two, it's okay, but it gets a bit repetitive. And it's all fruit/sugar. A choice of eggs or muesli would be a good idea; it would make for a more balanced meal, and it would be simple to do.

Casa Vista is a small place, so there isn't a great deal of privacy, but the pool area is nice, and it's just about big enough to accommodate 6 guests if all 3 rooms are full.

My room was pretty sparsely furnished - fine for one person with a rucksack, but there's not a great deal of storage space for two people with suitcases. There's no TV, no hairdryer, no safe. Again, fine for me, but some people might expect these things.

It wasn't mentioned when I was booking, but there are 2 cats and a dog at the property. I'm allergic to cats - I had to chase them out of my room a couple of times when I left the door open. People with allergies might want to take note of this.

The wifi, on the whole, was poor. It would occasionally speed it, but most of the time it was too slow to use. I had to rely on 3G.

They provide liquid hand soap and a block of soap in the bathroom, but no shampoo. I travel without shampoo, so this was a bit of an inconvenience. On my first day there was no hot water, but it was fine after that.

The garden isn't particularly lavish, but I saw iguanas 1m + in length, humming birds, hawks, American black cultures and a snake amongst other things whilst I was there.

The house's elevated position on the edge of town means there are good views to be had from the pool, but you have to be prepared to walk for 10-15 minutes to the beach and the nearest shops, restaurants and bars. It's usually fairly quiet during the daytime - mostly just the noise from deliveries and maintenance at the surrounding properties. And it's far enough away to escape any noise at night time.

All-in-all, Casa Vista is a nice place, and Silvia is lovely. Manage your expectations and you'll be fine, but don't expect the earth.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed May 8, 2015

I say lucky, because each time I am here, it is better than the last. It is laid back, so pretty, comfortable, wonderful hospitality. I like a small place with a home like feel. I would never stay elsewhere. Always an ocean breeze up there on the hill, with huge views and a short hike to the sand and town. I like being out of the heat of the beach itself, and the small town. It's quiet! stars stars stars

Room Tip: no bad rooms. request the end room if possible for cross breeze. big fans in the rooms though, so not an issue.
  • Stayed: March 2015, traveled as a couple