“Delicious food, great service & never empty!”
Review of Cara Mia

Cara Mia
Ranked #2 of 68 Restaurants in Blyth
Price range: US$5 - US$33
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Opening times: Monday to Saturday Lunch: 12pm - 2.30pm for last orders Evenings: 5pm - 9.30pm for last orders To make a reservation: Call us on: 01670 354076 Find Us: Waterloo Rd, Blyth, Northumberland, NE24 1BU.
Reviewed 21 September 2016

The food here is delicious - I have heard nothing but great reviews! I visited a couple of times with friends and each time has been amazing.

Kara is always working with a smile and providing great service which gives the restaurant such a nice, down to earth, genuine vibe & also the mothers homemade cheesecake adds a lovely touch!

Would strongly recommend to anybody! But book up early!!

1  Thank Danielle W

Reviewed 14 September 2016

The food is excellent in a great atmosphere. I recommend the cheese cake which is home made by the owners mum.

Reviewed 14 September 2016

The homemade cheesecake is always delicious, my favourite is the Nutella.
The early evening two course course meal is exceptionally good value for money

1  Thank Caroline647
Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

Had yet another delicious meal courtesy Cara.Excellent food and service despite one family member being one hour late!The strawberry and fudge cheesecake was exquisite!

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

Just had a bit of low key evening meal at this little Blyth bistro.
Starters were rice balls in a tomato sauce from the specials board. I don't think these were made in house, I have had almost identical in other restaurants.
Main was chicken with prawns in a garlic tomato sauce.
Way over the top with garlic, I didn't finish the dish.
The waitress asked the usual after the meal.
I did say politely "I hope in a low voice" the chef could do with putting less in for the next customer.
I just couldn't eat it due to high garlic, chicken tasted of garlic, prawns or garlic.
Looks like the sauce was made using the garlic oil which is made beforehand.
I wonder if it mattered really what my response was to the waitress?
I still paid the bill in full, with no query or follow up.

Mediocre sorry

3  Thank smalltins
CaraMiaBlyth, Owner at Cara Mia, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2016

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at Cara Mia. We do pride ourselves on all of our dishes being made from fresh ingredients and prepared to order. Our risotto balls are made for each order and if you would like to come along to have a tutorial from our Italian chef he would be happy to oblige as he does have 40 years of experience as a chef and has previously been a cookery lecturer. I apologise that we did not discount your bill with regards to the popular garlic tomato king prawn dish being too much garlic however the waitress had not returned from the kitchen after clearing your plates before you paid the bill at the bar. We did ask at that point if everything had been ok and you seemed to enjoy your experience. We hope to welcome you back soon to try some of the other homemade dishes on our menu.

Kind Regards,