“Beautiful Food, Quick Service”

Commissioners Quay Inn
Ranked #10 of 68 Restaurants in Blyth
Reviewed 26 March 2018

Trying to book a table at this restaurant is quite a challenge, tried for hours on and off to get through and it just wasn't happening so I emailed and got a response almost instantly and they were very apologetic.
We came here for mothers day, when we arrived we were shown to our table straight away. There is a large variety of food and most people ordered completely different things but the service was still extremely quick. Personally I got the chicken tikka masala which was delicious, only downside was that I didn't get as much rice as I would have liked too, but did get a mini Nan bread and poppadom. And again the puddings came out promptly after.
The staff are very welcoming and accommodating and I couldn't recommend this restaurant more.

Honour W, Guest Relations Manager at Commissioners Quay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2018

Ah, thank you for leaving this great review!
I do apologise for the wait of the phone calls but I am very pleased they responded promptly to your email and made your experience a very enjoyable one.
Thank you for your recommendation and for your custom and we do hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Once again had the beef stew amazing couldn't fault it a bit of advice for anybody that's gonna order it order bread as well to mop up the gravy such a shame to let the gravy go back to the kitchen well done chef truly stunning and a high standard well done

Honour W, Guest Relations Manager at Commissioners Quay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Ah, thank you for leaving this great review!
I will pass this onto our kitchen team for you, once again thank you very much and we do hope to see you again soon!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

After a lovely meal which was very nice we were very disappointed with what was on offer for pudding especially for children. My child is milk in tolerant and there was only ice cream available and all other puddings on the main menu had milk in them. We suggested some fruit to one of the staff who said it “ only came chopped up” which I didn’t mind and then refused to give me any saying it was for breakfast the next morning. His attitude was really poor and didn’t make me or my family comfortable to stay any longer and we left to go to McDonalds who serve fruit

Honour W, Guest Relations Manager at Commissioners Quay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Thank you very much for both your custom and feedback, both are very much appreciated. We are of course glad that you enjoyed your meals but disappointed this was spoilt by dessert options. It would and should have been possible to provide you with a bowl of fruit, relevant course has been taken internally to ensure we do not see a repeat of this. Whilst the children’s meals do come with a complimentary scoop of ice-cream, they are welcome to choose from the regular dessert menu, we do offer a very popular dairy and gluten free Chocolate Fudge Cake. We do hope to see you all in future.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Pros - Friendly staff, Location, Ambience

Cons - The food!

Cajun Burger – comes with the unnecessary gherkin on the top of the bun, even when asked not to do so, in turn ruining the flavour of the bun causing upset for the child eating said burger.

Chicken Tikka Korma – the dish was cold with under cooked chicken. A member of staff took it back the kitchen to be either “reheated or a fresh one made” (her words), a couple of mins later a piping hot Korma in an equally hot dish was returned to us. Although we should be pleased about this, the staff member was fully away that this meal was for a child! Common sense could have been used in this instance.

Chickpea Burger – the brioche bun was nice! The “burger” was a pile of mush between the bun, no resemblance to a burger and just about tepid in temperature. The chips have a funny taste and smell to them, as if the fat needs changed. Apparently this is normal for the chips…..

Honour W, Guest Relations Manager at Commissioners Quay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2018

Thank you for leaving this review and for you comments regarding our staff and location.
I am so sorry about the hot dish, the Gherkin on the bun and that you didn't enjoy your meal with us. I am pleased the team sorted the Chicken Tikka Korma for you!
Again sorry you haven't enjoyed your experience with us at The Commissioners Quay Inn and we do hope you come back to give us another try.

Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

This was my first visit here.
We had booked a table for 8 of us.
The interior is very nice and spacious and there is also window seating.
No premium had been added to the prices for Mothers Day. The menu was their everyday pricing which is very reasonable.
The waiting time for the meals to arrive was minimal and they were very satisfying. When we finished the plates were cleared away in good time. There is a well stocked bar with a good selection of beers.
The staff were plentiful and very pleasant and attentive.
Overall based on this experience l would definitely return and recommend here.

Thank you very much for leaving this great review, I am so pleased you have enjoyed your Inn Collection Group experience with us and we do hope to see you again in the near future!