US$571
Hotels.com
US$225
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
AQUA VIVA Tulum(Tulum)(Great Value!)
US$50
Azulik(Tulum)
US$400
  • Beachfront
US$220
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$254/night.

US$349
US$374
The Beach Tulum(Tulum)
US$415
US$275
US$795
All reviewslas estrellasrobinson crusoechristopher columbusvilla zanzibarjungle penthousegarden suitebeach bedsfresh fruitfriends weddingcevichesalt watermosquito nettingprivate pooldrinking waterpalm treestulum beachgorgeous beach
Reviewed 16 November 2015

We stayed as a couple in Casa Blanca cabana for 5 nights in late October. The location is great, on a lovely private stretch of beach a short walk from the beach road restaurants and bars. We ate at the restaurant one night on BBQ night which was good but other nights ate out. The cabana was nicely appointed and cleaned every day, and the bed was comfortable. No A/C though and the room was very dark at night as the lights were not very bright. But neither of these were a problem particularly.
The staff, in particular Cesar and Miriam, were lovely and super helpful.
However, I think having spent some more time in the Yucatan and travelled to other towns we realised that we paid an awful lot of money for our stay. I appreciate Tulum might be pricier than other resorts but we paid more for one night here as we paid for 3 nights at a decent hotel with A/C in Merida, and less to stay per night at a 5* design hotel in Playa del Carmen. I’m sure la luna is a nicer place than other cabanas in Tulum but there were plenty of signs around advertising cabanas for $85 per night or less so it might pay to shop around.

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled as a couple
CabanasLaLuna, Manager at Cabanas La Luna, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2015

Thank you so much for your review. We are happy that you had a great stay with us and that you liked our service so much. That is indeed one of the items that we are well known for. Of course price wise there can be last minutes offers during a low(er) season but that is always a guess to wait for an opportunity like that. We can assure you that many of our (repetitive) guests think our price / quality / service level is much better than a lot of other hotels on our beach strip. It might be worth checking this for the next time because the beach of Tulum is indeed more expensive than a city like Merida.
Again thank you so much for choosing La Luna and we would love to see you back next year!

Reviewed 16 November 2015

Oct 26-Nov 2, 2015

The hotel - We arrived early and our cabana, Robinson Crusoe, was ready. The view from the door was unbelievable! So pleased with our choice of rooms! I wouldn't change a thing about it! It was cleaned every day without fail. After we checked in and changed clothes to enjoy the beach setting, we made our way to the restaurant.

The restaurant - Every morning a continental breakfast of fresh fruit, toast and jelly, and orange juice. Or you can order from the menu. The drinks were excellent. I highly recommend BBQ night with live entertainment. Every meal was made to perfection. I can't say there was anything on the menu that we didn't find very tasteful.

The staff - Edmonda, the manager, was so unbelievably helpful in every aspect. She helped us schedule tours and gave us advice on things to do in area. Marium was always very helpful and a delight as she was dressed up so cute on Halloween. Oscar and Jose always made their way to the beach to make sure we had fresh drinks or if we needed anything at all. The young ladies that cleaned the rooms were very polite and respectful of our personal items in our cabana. The security made us feel safe, as they would ask questions if they did not recognize you. The entire staff made us always feel comfortable and appreciated. I do apologize if I misspelled any names.

The beach - The sand was the absolute best. We did not need shoes or flip flops because even in the heat of the day, the sand does not burn your feet. Of course, the beautiful turquoise waters of the Caribbean. There are umbrellas, chairs and beds to hang out and enjoy the ocean breeze. There were a few children, as it is family friendly, but not so many to interrupt a couples peaceful time on the beach.

Overall we can't imagine going anywhere else but La Luna on our next trip to Mexico. The whole vibe was nothing but relaxing! If you are looking for over the top extravagant accommodations, then go to a mega resort. If you are looking for a quaint, peaceful slice of Heaven on the beach, this is the place to be!! We can't wait to make our return trip!! Cabanas La Luna is one of the most beautiful places we have ever visited.

Room Tip: If you have trouble sleeping in tropical setting, you might want a room with A/C
3  Thank CMMO8899
CabanasLaLuna, Manager at Cabanas La Luna, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2015

Thank you for taking a moment to write a review of your experience at Cabanas La Luna. We are happy to hear you had such a lovely time. Thank you for your tips and recommendations. We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed 3 November 2015

We recently stayed at Cabanas La Luna (10/22-10/26) for a wedding with family and friends who rented the entire property. From the moment I arrived, I felt like I had stepped into my own little paradise. I had so many reservations before going about the water, food, no A/C etc. I had zero complaints once I arrived. They had everything we needed, and the market was a short taxi ride away if you desired something special. The staff there was so friendly and accommodating and went out of their way to make sure we were all taken the best care of. We tended to all convene in the same place at the same time which I am sure was overwhelming, but they handled it like champs. The food at Las Estrellas, the restaurant there was spectacular! And I must say, the actual wedding was an absolute blast!!! They also helped the couple setup a really awesome rehearsal dinner at a Cenote there which was an opportunity of a lifetime!

We were in Captain Dale's quarters which is at the very front of the property just a few steps from the beach. There was plenty of breeze from the ocean as well as a fan inside to be comfortable at night with no A/C. If you stay in an A/C room, you will be in an area with no breeze, most likely not ocean view, and from what I gathered, sometimes a little buggy as well because it is closer to the street and jungle. It was just my husband and I and it was perfect for us! The huge deck ended up being a great gathering place at night with a table, bench and two hammocks with plenty of room for everyone. It would be great for a family too with slightly older children as I would fear having young kids in the loft space with the narrow passageway and very little to keep them from falling over the sides. We had our own large water dispenser in our room so always plenty available. Even though it was not all inclusive on the food etc, the bill at the end of the 5 days was very reasonable considering the amount of food and alcohol that was consumed. The free breakfast they offer is fruit and toast with butter and jelly and was plenty for me each day, but they also have some really great to order breakfasts. Again, all of the food was just fantastic! So were the drinks!

There were nice shaded beach beds that we dragged close together, had them move umbrellas around and all hung out on during the day. There was no need for a pool and even though it is a public beach (they have their own private security guards at night to watch the property), it was empty most of the time. The only day that we noticed a lot of people on the beach that weren’t part of our group was Sunday.

There was also Wi-Fi on the entire property. I found that it wasn't as good in some areas, but I had no issues keeping in contact with the babysitters back home watching my kids. ;)

I can’t say enough great things about this place. Ruben and Mindy were incredible and so was the rest of the staff there!!! I would much rather be there right now sipping on margaritas than dreaming about my vacation that is already over!

Room Tip: More budget friendly but beach front and spacious was Marakech or below it Casa Blanca.
1  Thank Sarah M
CabanasLaLuna, Manager at Cabanas La Luna, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2015

Thank you for taking a moment to write such a detailed review. We are glad you have such a lovelyy time and that we exceeded your expectations. We hope that others read about your experience and choose to give us a try. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to our staff.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel soon!

Reviewed 30 October 2015

My extended family stayed here for a wedding during the rainy season, which could have been a nightmare, but thanks to the awesome staff and pleasant accommodations, we had a great time.

As with most hotels in this area, there are limitations such as AC in only a few cabanas, non-potable tap water, etc., but these were easily overcome because the rooms were well outfitted, beautiful, and clean.

Great location, great staff, great restaurant, and a beautiful beach. What else can you ask for?

Room Tip: If you require AC, you can request a cabana with it, and if not, you can get a cabana closer to the beach and allow the cool ocean breezes to provide you comfort. Also, the tap water is a mix of salt and fresh water, so showers are different, but at least the salt reminds you to not swallow the water!
  • Stayed: October 2015, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
CabanasLaLuna, Manager at Cabanas La Luna, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2015

Thank you for your lovely review! We are thrilled to hear you had a lovely stay. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 26 October 2015

We recently rented the entire property for the week of our wedding on 10/10/15, and words can not describe the amazing trip we had in the care of the staff at La Luna.

Hotel- The grounds are truly paradise. The jungle meets the sea in such a vibrant and inviting way. The sea was bright turquoise the day we arrived, and the sand was powder soft and white. La Luna is such a happy place and has a very powerful positive energy that greeted us upon arrival. If you are looking for a luxury experience, you can find "fancier" places down the road, but if you want a beautiful, clean, authentic Mexican paradise experience, this is the place.

Staff- We are big travelers, and after experiencing the service at La Luna, we can tell you that this is the best service you will receive anywhere in the world! Edmonda, the manager, was great with helping our guests get settled and plan their excursions. Oscar who does everything from mixing cocktails to helping keep the shore free of seaweed, was such an amazing person to all of us. He remembered all of our names, and greeted us with genuine positivity every morning. He went above and beyond to make sure my Dad's special diet needs were met. I can't say enough great things about him (I hope he gets a big fat raise!) The other staff members, Ruben, Miriem, and Gonzalo were all so lovely and wonderful to us. I think all of us felt like we were staying with family friends. Most importantly, Mindy, the on site wedding coordinator was a gem of a human who worked with me for months to plan a dream wedding in paradise. She is such an incredibly interesting, positive, and hard working woman with an eye for wedding details. I have too many detailed praises for Mindy to list here, so I will just say that if you are thinking of trusting her with your wedding, do it! Not only will she brilliantly plan and coordinate your wedding, she can also recommend the most memorable excursions with her network of interesting Tulum guides. Amazing.

Restaurant- Food is 100%! We could have eaten every meal at the hotel, it was that good, especially the ceviche and huevos rancheros! We watched fresh lobster get delivered directly off the boat, walked up to the restaurant, and served that night for dinner. We especially enjoyed the fresh fruit cocktails at the bar!

Cabanas La Luna will always hold a magical memory in our lives. Thank you from our hearts!

Room Tip: If you have a hard time sleeping in tropical weather, make sure to stay in one of the rooms with A/C. Those rooms are very spacious and will keep you cool.
  • Stayed: October 2015, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Andrea O
CabanasLaLuna, Manager at Cabanas La Luna, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2015

Thank you for such a heartwarming review. We were honored to be a part of such a special time in your lives. Your kind words regarding our staff are met with many thanks. We worked diligently to find and grow our staff and I am so glad you recognized that. We do enjoy welcoming everyone into our La Luna family. We hope to welcome you back to celebrate this joyous time for many years to come.