Posada Luna del Sur
US$321
US$230
The Beach Tulum(Tulum)
US$531
Las Tres Palmas Hotel(Tulum)(Great Value!)
US$50
Hotels.com
Diamante K(Tulum)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$359
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$398/night.

Coco Tulum(Tulum)(Great Value!)
US$104
US$430
US$338
All reviewstom's mapdetailed mapyucatan outdoorsrooftop patiogave us a mapcoffee makersitting areapurified watertowel animalshotel ownerevery morningsmall balconymexican breakfasttulum townair conditioningtaxi rideroom was spotless
Reviewed 30 April 2018

Everything about this hotel was incredibly superb. We had such a wonderfully stay I miss it already!
It has been a dream of mine to visit Mayan ruins since I was in high school. Someone recommend that I stay in Tulum. One of the first hotels that popped up was Posada Luna Del Sur. I can tell you first hand that all of the reviews are absolutely true! This place is incredibly delightful with so many beautiful details. The rooms are spotless clean, the king bed was huge, the rooms are set up with a refrigerator, sitting area, beautiful balcony, coffee maker, giant fresh clean drinking water, and they even gave us fresh ground coffee!
The rooms are like an apartment! With great hot water, cold ac, and wifi.
The breakfast is fabulous and delicious, and the staff are so friendly with so much pride for making this place exceptional.
We scheduled the shuttle provided by Posada Luna del Sur for hotel pickup and drop off and it was so easy and stress free to get from and back to the airport.

The hotel is in a perfect location. You can easily walk to amazing restaurants, and catch a cab to see all of the sights, and the beach (we rented bikes) on our last day we rode bikes to grand cenote which is about 30 minute away on bike.

The owner of the hotel Tom, is readily available for any and all questions that I had about were to visit, how to get there, and he set up private tours with an amazing honest driver, our new friend Luis. I got to see all of the sights that I have been dreaming about for so long and really it was perfect!
I am so absolutely impressed by the dedication and pride that shows in every detail of this hotel, Tom even gave us a map that has all of his favorite places to eat and everything else we needed to know about Tulum.
A huge plus for me was the security of this place. There is a guard at the front and a locked gate during the night. We felt so comfortable and safe the whole time.
I must say that this trip was truly magical, and I can’t wait to go back.
I will definitely stay at Posada Luna del Sur any chance I get!
Highly highly recommend.

Room Tip: King bed for couples was absolutely beautiful I loved our room on the second story
1  Thank sarahv1212
Tom E, Owner at Posada Luna del Sur, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Hi Sarah

Thanks for your review and feedback, it is very much appreciated!

We are beyond happy you enjoyed your stay with us and as well enjoyed Tulum as a whole!

Please come back and visit us again-- all returning guests receive a 20% discount, for their loyalty! :)

Reviewed 21 April 2018

Posada Luna del Sur was a great place. It was clean, quiet- but a walk down the street to the main action, and the people working there were so friendly and hospitable. Tom, the owner, went the extra mile to make sure our stay was comfortable and full of fun. He booked any tour (MexikanTours-highly suggest the Sian Kan full day tour and Mayan underworld) and also provided breakfast early in the morning before the tour (at a small price). He even had his staff run out and grab some meds for my friend who got sick. The staff were really attentive and helped us book taxis to different beaches. Oh, also Eco-friendly! You won't regret staying here!

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ashley N
Tom E, Owner at Posada Luna del Sur, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2018

Hola Ashley,

We are beyond happy you enjoyed your brief stay with us and as well enjoyed Tulum as a whole.

We do our best to support guests who have unfortunately fell ill during their stay. We have been in this business for a decade+, so we know all the tricks :)

Reviewed 17 April 2018 via mobile

Excellent stay, room was a “kitchenette” clean, well-stocked. Can go two or more days without room service. Eco-friendly bathing products, cleaning solutions. Entire entry way (tiled flooring) to rooms cleaned daily. Gated. Breakfast(s) delicious, well prepared. Staff efficient, friendly, knowledgeable. Reception around the clock, cleaners extraordinary able to assess needs without communication from us. In-room massage very nice. I hope they liked us as much as we liked them.

1  Thank Rita S
Tom E, Owner at Posada Luna del Sur, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Hi Rita,

Thanks for your review and feedback, it is very much appreciated!

We thrive to be a real eco-friendly hotel, not just one that is marketed as one and cuts on the amenities.
Many hotels in Tulum claim to be "eco friendly" or "eco-chic," yet fail to meet basic eco-friendly practices and standards.

We currently hold a "Gold Status" in the TripAdvisor "Green Leaders Hotel program." All GreenLeader hotels and B&Bs must apply to the TripAdvisor GreenLeaders Program. If accepted, GreenLeaders achieve one of four statuses: Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum. The higher the status, the greater the impact of a property's green practices. We are currently working toward Platinum status and hopefully get approved for this status very soon.. My staff and I are committed to green practices and we are very happy you pointed this out in your review!

Reviewed 14 April 2018

Originally recommended by a friend, we were so delighted by our first stay at Posada Luna del Sur on our first trip a few years ago, we returned on our vacation again in February of 2018. Tom no longer lives on the property but we still felt his generous spirit and exuberant hospitality during our stay. Thanks to the kind staff (and Tom) that supported us when I fell ill on our last night. We found our room a tranquil respite from the streets of the town. Easy walk to so many great restaurants. Easy to get into the beach area by taxi or our rental car. Helpful information supplied to make the most of your stay!

Room Tip: “Tom’s Map” is a great resource for getting around Tulum. Plenty of drinking water supplied in our room. Clean and comfortable bed and air conditioning if you get overheated.
Stayed: February 2018, traveled as a couple
Tom E, Owner at Posada Luna del Sur, responded to this reviewResponded 14 April 2018

Thanks for your review and feedback, it is very much appreciated!

We thank you for your support and loyalty in returning to see us again. I was forced to move off site, since my three children are getting older and much louder :) I am still there to help and assist guests and my staff are well trained, thanks for pointing this out.

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

Clean and comfortable with great breakfast. I like the location, where we could walk and bike around town. Always felt very safe. This is way better than a resort-where the quality of food and drinks were poor and overpriced. There are many wonderful restaurants in town and by the beach to choose from. Tom and Graham always responded quickly to my emails whenever I had a question. Tom’s map was very helpful. We had a great time! Would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting to stay in Tulum.

Hi Elizabeth!