All reviews yogurt ocean front included breakfast paradise on earth sound of the waves wake up eco friendly tacos spent nights here thatched roof beach beds mosquito netting rented bikes no air con every morning casa banana salt water
Reviewed 22 June 2018

My husband and I were lucky to stay in "Luna" the name of our room right in front of the ocean. We loved the simple decor of our room, all white and very clean. The staff at Luv Tulum were very accommodating from the minute we checked in we were served drinks and greeted by many. The staff made us feel protected and safe!!

Tulum is a charming place very eco friendly and Luv Tulum is definitely a place we would go back to. We miss falling asleep to the sound of the waves!!

Room tip: Choose "Luna"
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank Sandra B
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

We booked every room for 5 nights so had this delightful paradise to our group of 27! Speaking for my Mom and I - our shared double bed room was ample in space and the beds were quite comfortable! I was worried about mosquitos since they love me, but the nets over bed worked wonders because I did not get a single bite in the room!
My mom and I loved this little resort. We loved the white sand beach and that we could have our windows open- with screens and hear the ocean close by. The staff was so friendly and accommodating to our group. We felt safe as there was hotel security. We had no problems in town and enjoyed all the bars and restaurants and shopping. We rented bikes and rode to the Tulum ruins- a fairly flat ride.
We kept our cute little beach bar busy from open to close everyday and they helped us with our after hours beer stash that we bought for when the bar was closed and we had returned from town. Our bar staff concocted fresh fruit drinks for us every day. I’m now a fan of mezcal hibiscus juice margaritas and there was never ending ice cold Negro Modelo cervezas!
I am a coffee lover and theirs was delicious! Wish I had bought some beans to bring home. Breakfast was fresh fruit and juice with fresh breads, yogurt and granola but I always had one of their egg dishes - Yummy and quick!
Seaweed had arrived on beach and there was staff working throughout day to try to remove it- but really it wasn’t a big deal to walk over it into the ocean and we swam among it for a week! We called it our daily seaweed scrub.
We brought floating toys and games that the staff stowed for us at night. They really did take care of us.
A large turtle laid eggs the night before we arrived and the staff marked her nest. We saw many nests up and down the nearby beaches when we walked to other restaurants for lunches etc., which was really great to see the eco friendliness for the whole area.
Plenty of bottled water was provided and maid service was just fine. The place is very clean and neat. We used our little patio and also our foot bath before bringing our sandy feet into our room. The light in bathroom is a bit dim and mirror a bit small, but we got used to it since there was no hair drying going on besides naturally! There was an occasional power outage but they didn’t last long. We were able to power up our iPhones and iPads in the room and there is WiFi available. Phone reception was spotty but I personally loved disconnecting from my law office for a few days.
This place is a little rustic jewel that I will never forget- and it was perfect for our weeklong bash. I would come back to share this get away and the cute town with my husband.

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Curious782139
Reviewed 21 June 2018

Let's face it, Tulum is a beautiful, edgy(read good) beach paradise. Luv Tulum does an amazing job at using the natural beach surroundings to create a fantastic beach experience. The welcome drink upon arrival sets the relaxation mode as does the beach bar with reasonably priced cocktails. Enter into your clean room (with fans) with daily maid service, mosquito netting surrounding comfy bed with quality linens so you can slumber maximum hours with windows open, daily, local style delicious continental breakfast included in room rate, fantastic coffee, and beach lounge chairs all make it a wonderful place to park yourself to get unplugged and rested on the beach, steps from the ocean. The staff was extremely attentive and helpful. I highly recommend this spot. Shhh don't tell too many people! Spots like this are hard to find.

Room tip: I was in an upstairs room with a balcony. It was quiet and private.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
6  Thank Laurie G
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

My wife and I have been staying at Luv for almost 5 years now, and a total of at least 15 times, we can’t say enough good things about this beautiful place and its staff! We have stayed many places in Tulum, and Luv is the absolute best!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
5  Thank Dean A
Reviewed 20 June 2018

The great--view of the ocean just feet from your room! The VERY nice and accommodating staff, size of bedrooms, white sand beach and the Luv Tulum hotel food. Free breakfast, although the same every day, was delicious and can be upgraded for a reasonable $10. The $10 lunch was excellent. Really nice and attentive Security guard on duty at night. Staff would actually dig us holes for the beach umbrellas!
The good--a bar on the beach with reasonably priced drinks, lots of recliners, hammocks and chairs on the beach. Hotel location is central on the beach strip. Next door we got two 70 min massages for only $80. Daily maid service. The price compared to other hotels in Tulum was very good.
The not so good--showers with semi salty water (apparently virtually all Tulum hotels have this), sometimes it was cold water only and minimal water pressure; no AC (fairly common in Tulum and to be expected at this price point), need more umbrellas on the beach (but is much improved per older reviews). Did a half-hearted job of removing sea grass from beach. Although this bugged us much less than expected (no smell, doesn't hurt to walk on and doesn't get tangled in your legs). Very weak light bulbs in tiny bathroom. Power went out occasionally for brief periods of time. Wish they served dinner as some of the nearby hotels overcharged.

2  Thank gbcharlton