“Amazing diving experiences”
Review of Diversity Diving

Diversity Diving
More attraction details
Owner description: Diversity Diving is a dynamic & full service dive center with the primary focus on safety, personal service, and of course fun! If you are looking for fantastic scuba diving in Playa Del Carmen, spectacular walls in Cozumel, the mystic waters of the ancient Maya cenotes, or a personalized dive package...Diversity Diving has what you have been looking for. "You come as a guest, you leave as a friend"
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We got our AOW certified here and it was a great experience. We went with Megan, Isabel and Soren and all are great instructors. We went to Playa del Carmen, cenotes and Cozumel. The cenotes, especially Angelita really amazed us.
Will definitely come back for the bull sharks and cenotes.
-Lisa and Owen

"rental equipment"
"marine life"
in 5 reviews

Reviewed March 14, 2018 via mobile

You found the right Dive Shop if you are looking for friendly, professional, on-site owners that can provide a great dive experience off Playa del Carmen, Cozumel, or the surrounding cenotes. Owners, Gustavo and Megan, both highly experienced Dive Instructors also have an excellent staff. I dove with 4 different Instructors during my month stay in Playa del Carmen and all delivered an exceptional diving experience.
FYI - If you don't want to spend all day getting to and from Cozumel by ferry, Diversity Diving can provide direct dive boat service from the beach in Playa to each dive site in Cozumel. It was a huge time saver for me!
I was PADI AOW certified in 1985. Been diving 30 years+ all over the world. Let me reiterate, Diversity Diving delivered a top-tier, month long (February 2018) diving experience to me. Great team. Highly recommended.
Have a fantastic trip to Playa del Carmen!
John B.
USA

Reviewed March 12, 2018

I had the chance of doing a few dives with Diversity.
Gustavo and his team were so friendlly, welcoming and safety aware it's been an absolute pleasure !
Being a dive instructor myself I highly appreciated there seriousness and love for diving and marine life in the area.
We went to dive with the Bull sharks and I was so glad we did it in a very small group, away from the crowd and the feeding spots...a truly unforgettable experience thanks to this amazing team !
Look no further this is the perfect friendly serious and safe dive school in Playa !
Thank you guys I'm looking forward to see you next time !

Reviewed February 23, 2018 via mobile

We were looking for a diving center in Playa del Carmen to have some fun dives (cenotes and bull sharks) on our last two days in Mexico and so talked with nearly 6 different centers until we found diversity diving.

What can I say: everything was just perfect. The diversity guys are like a big family so we had a lot of fun while having an amazing diving experience. The cenotes (especially the Pit) are a must! And we were so lucky to see a bull shark also so season is nearly over.

Great diving center!

Thanks Gustavo and Megan and the rest of the team :)

See more reviews
Reviewed February 19, 2018

In February I had a significant birthday so decided to spend it somewhere warmer than the UK – off we go to Mexico!
I’d heard from friends that there was some exceptional diving in the Yucatan peninsula of Mexico, on the Caribbean side so I researched the local dive shops and settled on one called Diversity Diving. This was a small operation but they provided me with 3 days of super diving.
There was lots of dive shops in Playa del Carmen where Kate and I were staying.
I settled for the Trifecta package offered by Diversity diving. The first day’s dive was to Shark Point where Bull Sharks sometimes can be seen, however we were told they may have moved on a week ago. It was a challenging dive due to the strong current. No sharks unfortunately but we did see Sting Rays and a Remora at this sandy location. Thanks to Mustafa and his girlfriend for guiding.
The second dive was a shallow reef dive called Shangri-La abundant in life and colourful coral.
The second days diving was supposed to be at the island of Cozumel, however when it gets rough the harbour master closes the port to small boats as used by the dive shops. So instead we headed inland to dive somewhere that is not affected by current, tides or harbour masters – the Cenotes.
Cenotes are an underground river system which flow beneath the entire Yucatan peninsula. It is possible to dive them without cave diving qualifications and with a guide. As long as you remain within 60m of a visible exit it is considered to be cavern diving. There is a thermocline in these cenotes that separates the fresh water on top from the salt water beneath. As you descend from the gin clear freshwater through the thermocline the visibility deteriorates to a hazy visibility. Then you emerge into a slightly warmer and crystal clear salt water.
Diving above the thermocline gave some ethereal vistas. The thermocline looks like a mist that you are floating above. The sunlight is pouring in from the opening above and creating rainbows on the rocks.
Another interesting feature of the Cenotes was the Stalactites and Stalagmites from the time when the Cenotes was not submerged.
The first Cenote I dived was called Kukulcan with a max depth of 12.5m.
Although we were not allowed to take in cameras there was a professional photographer on hand!
The dive guide Andrea lead the way. A fixed line can be seen which shows the route.
The second Cenote dive was called Chac-Mool and joined with Little Brother.
This cavern was less busy and slightly more technical. It included an air dome, a cavern that we emerged into with an air space. Daylight could be seen through a small hole ensuring fresh air. There were tree roots in the ceiling of the cavern reaching down to the top of the water. Sitting on top of one of the roots was a tarantula! I’ve never seen a tarantula before on a dive!
A good opportunity to test your buoyancy control and use your breathing to keep your trim. Interestingly I didn’t really notice any difference in my buoyancy when transitioning from fresh water to sea water, but I did notice the temperature change. As you would expect there was very few fish, but there were some solitary ones.
For me the Cenotes was the highlight of the diving and next time I would happily just dive them. I didn’t feel at all claustrophobic which had crossed my mind before doing it.
Finally, the Cozumel port was opened to small vessels and that was my final day of diving.
We shared a boat with Spanish divers from another dive shop. It took about 45minutes going flat out using 400hp of propulsion to get to the marine conservation area off the SW of Cozumel. The first dive was a wall dive. The wall extending down to 600m+, we surveyed to a depth of 35m.
A barracuda appeared as we were on our 6m stop which was cool. Also cool was when myself and the dive guide Megan was surrounded by an inquisitive shoal of fish.
It was apparent that the sea life in this marine conservation park were totally at ease with us the divers.
I would highly recommend diving with the guys at Diversity Diving - a very professional and friendly outfit.