The Royal Playa del Carmen
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Grand Hyatt Playa Del Carmen Resort(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
Panama Jack Resort(Playa del Carmen)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
La Divina by Aldea Thai(Playa del Carmen)
View Hotel
Carmen Quinta Resort(Playa del Carmen)
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Unic Design Hotel(Playa del Carmen)
  • Restaurant
17,437 results
All reviewsmaria mariechef's platecoffee houseromance conciergespice restaurantjose garciadanny boyfrozen grapeshour loungeocean viewturn down servicetequila barour honeymoonlobby barpresidential suitebeach butleril pescatore
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

From the moment we arrived to the moment we drove away we were impressed by The Royal. While the resort is beautiful the staff are its main asset. Everyone went out of their way to ensure we had the best time. Special shout out to the staff at the El Mediterraneo Restaurant (Ezeqoiel, Edith, Francisco, Cruz, Rebecca and Yareth) who remembered how we liked our food and that we liked hot sauces. The food was also delicious at Maria Marie where the service was impeccable. The resort has an extensive wine list. For all our meals we were seated immediately and reservations at the speciality restaurants were available for the days and times we requested. Not always the case in other resorts. Our ocean view room was spotless, well appointed with robes, towels, toiletries and refilled constantly. Many thanks to Hilda Pacheco and Teresa Lopez of housekeeping. The coffee shop was open from 6 am to 11 pm serving excellent coffee and snacks. The 24 Hour Lounge also served delicious botanas and was very comfortable. There are more than enough sun lounges and pool side beds with no cards required for pool side towels. We enjoyed the quiet pool and bar next to The Coffee House and El Mediterraneo. The large and airy lounge was very cool and comfortable. Highly recommend this resort.

Room Tip: We had a quiet ocean view room No 726 away from the hustle and bustle of the main pool areas.
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kenandpatricia
Lynn D, Gerente at The Royal Playa del Carmen, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear kenandpatricia,

Thank you for taking time out to share your experience! We definitely feel very pleased to read this review, thank you so much for all your kind words to our staff, this is the best way to know that they are doing an excellent job.
It will an honor to have the opportunity to host and pamper you again in the near future.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband and I have been to this resort several times and always enjoyed our stay. This time my adult son and girlfriend came and they also loved it. The service is just outstanding and the hotel is maintained amazingly considering the amount of guest they have. Love, Love, Love the Asiana Restaurant. All of the restaurants are great, but this one is our favorite. A special thank you to Headwaiter Francisco Peba, Host Abner, Waiters: Maximiliano, Lorenzo, Rudy Ernesto Joe, Boreli Cailo, Daie and Obil... for you outstanding customer attention.
We also went on an excursion to Chichen Itza, wonderful day and truly amazing.
Can't wait to visit again.

Stayed: March 2018

Dear Margarita S,

On behalf of THE ROYAL Playa del Carmen staff and myself we want to take this opportunity to thank you from the bottom of our hearts for such a positive review. We truly appreciate your wonderful comment, it is really nice, and it makes us feel very proud of our entire staff and beautiful property!! Our top priority is to offer an exceptional service to each of our guests and it is very satisfying to read that this was your case.
We are looking forward to host you again very soon it will be an honor for us to pamper you once again!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Well my husband and I just came back from a wonderful stay at The Royal. The whole experience right from the start is excellent, from the moment that you step in, they greet you, get your bags and offer you a drink while you wait.We got the bracelets and went to the pool. The bartenders: Roberto, Pablo, Gabriel and Reyes they are awesome. Our room was ready by 2:00, I was really happy because got the chance to get to my room quick and enjoy the rest of the day. There is many options to choose to eat, A la carte restaurants and buffet but you won't be disappointed.The place is always clean, and they keep cleaning all through the day, so there is nothing bad to say about the resort, if you need anything just ask and they will make it happen. So a few things, first when I was booking this hotel my preference was a walkout suite ocean front, my issue with that was that the hotel is right next to the ferry drop off, any kind of privacy was out of question, to many people walking around, so not worth it for me, I got an ocean view, and was fine, the whole idea on getting the private check in, private lounge and all that is a plus but it makes a big difference if the room I got did not had the premium alcohol or if there were more restaurants that were not included unless I had it. This hotel offers you premium liquor anyway and was just one restaurant that was not included for the room I got. Another thing if you like the cabanas as much as I do please get up at least 6:30 am to save one because by 10 all will be taken. on Saturday they have the pool party I did not know the cabanas around the pool need it to be rented for 162 dollars and includes a champagne bottle if you want to have one that day, I did it because I wanted to be close to the party that was a lot of fun. If you are visiting because the ocean is your thing and not the pool, at least that week that I was there the water was crazy and dirty and there was a lot of seaweed in the water and the sand. The question always is, would I go back? if I have the chance yes, but I also like to experience new places. Thank you to all the staff at The Royal.

Stayed: March 2018

Dear Hery G,

We really appreciate this review. We are very happy to hear that it was a great experience for you, and that you found our staff to be very helpful and attentive, this will motivate us to keep doing our best job! Thank you for choosing us to spend your vacation.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband and I travel often but this was the first time we have ever actually stayed at an all inclusive resort, and I'm so glad we chose The Royal as our first ever resort!!
From the time we arrived to the time we left it was nothing but amazing!! We felt so welcomed and very well taken care of and most of all safe ! Everyone working at The Royal is so inviting and friendly! We are very fussy eaters but we always found something we enjoyed at the restaurants.
We loved that we could walk right off the resort into the shopping scene on Fifth Avenue within minutes.
Our room number was 837 which was ocean front and beautiful!! We loved how the resort was mature adults and not too much partying, it meant we could relax and enjoy.
They were very accommodating on our last day when our flight didn't leave until 8pm, they let us move to a new room until 5pm when we were picked up, so it wasn't a wasted day, we spent the day at he beach.
We went on an excursion which we found ourselves on trip advisor in top 10 things to do, we needed someone to call the business and asked them to come get us etc and to book the excursion for us. When we went to the lobby of the resort for help we found out the resort does not deal with the place we wanted to go because of insurance purposes but they were happy to help us place the call and made sure we got there safe, he even called us when he was off work to make sure we got back safe and enjoyed our excursion. Thank you to Francisco A for the help.. he was very kind and may i add handsome and very charming. :)
We will definitely be back!!

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family

Dear saramcallister78,

We truly appreciate your review! Our top priority is to offer an exceptional service to each of our guest and it is very satisfying to read that this was your case.
Thank you again for your great review and we hope that you come back and enjoy once again of all our services!!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We really enjoyed our week stay (March 26 - April 2) at The Royal. The staff provided us with excellent customer service and treated us like royalty. The food and drinks were amazing! Enjoyed a spa service, was a bit expensive but the treatment was totally worth it.
Also the location is great, we went shopping on Fifth Avenue frequently.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family

Dear Jovette W,

We truly appreciate your fabulous review. We feel really pleased that you enjoyed your vacation.
Thank you again and it will be our honor to have you back with us in a near future.