Ocean Maya Royale
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Great 4.5/5
Hacienda Tres Rios(Playa del Carmen)
Very Good 4/5
  • Pool
Rosewood Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
Excellent 5/5
Great 4.5/5
BlueBay Grand Esmeralda(Playa del Carmen)
Very Good 4/5
  • Breakfast included
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
  • Beachfront
Banyan Tree Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
Excellent 5/5
Grand Velas Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
7,126 results
All reviewsblue moonel charropool bardolce vitajapanese restaurantentertainment staffprivilege areaprivilege beachprivilege guestsfoam partyquiet poolbeach areathomson repprivilege packagecoco bongoour favouriteactivity pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 15, 2017

I have been to a few places in the Carribeans such as Varadero and Punta Cana but my experience with this resort is by far the best. Is it the highest star rating resort? No, and it only has to do with the miniscule details such as designs and maybe less complicated or delicate placemats at the restaurants and such. But the service from all staff is def top notch! Isreal, our chef from the Teppanyaki restaurant onsite is extremely friendly and humorous, and anyone from the front desk down to the securities are super friendly and make you feel immediate at home.

Only thing that this place can benefit from is maybe an upgrade in the production scale nightly entertainments, and again just small details in designs, presentations, and a few more complimentary water sports could also benefit the resort. But these won't stop me from booking with this resort again and rooms are beautiful and comfortable. My girlfriend and I had a great time and it has a lot to do with the staff and the great services they stand behind.

Room Tip: Beach view will get you just that, but obviously a lot of noise coming from people having a good time at the pool bar/beach etc.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Roybok
OceanCustomerService, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Ocean Maya Royale, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2017

Dear OMR Former Guest,

It is a pleasure to know that you had a great time during your holiday here at the OMR, we would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review about our resort and its highlights, we really appreciate it since this is very important for us and for future guests.

Please let us next time you are planning your holidays we will be looking forward for the chance of hosting you once again.

Reviewed October 13, 2017 via mobile

We just got back from a 7-night stay at OMR and already can't wait to go back! The resort was beautiful, staff great, pools so much fun and food and drink delicious.

Resort:
We were in a standard room in villa 5, and it was beautiful. The resort is the perfect size - getting around was a breeze. The grounds and our room were very clean.

Food and Drink:
We never had a bad meal. We went to every restaurant and the buffet. The drinks were great.

Staff:
We loved the staff! Especially Hugo, with the Entertainment Staff. Everyone was so friendly. We enjoyed the entertainment out by the pool each day. Alexis, the rep for Coco Bongo, was also really great. We enjoyed chatting with him.

Pool:
We spent most of our days at the pool with the pool bar. It was so much fun each day!

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Kristen O

Dear Ocean Maya Royale Former Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review about our resort and for mentioning our co workers Hugo and Alexis, we really appreciate it since this is very important for us and our future guests.

Please let us know next time you plan your holidays since it would be a big pleasure to have you back and host you once again.

Reviewed October 12, 2017

While my checkin was not as smooth as it could have been (mix up on my room) my overall stay was great. Aranza was one of the many staff members that was very pleasant and made our time at this resort fun. Very entertaining! I was also surprised with a fabulous piece of cake for my birthday that was delivered to my room while I was goon for the day.

The only thing I would suggest is when a person books a room with 2 beds and has proof, don’t try to tell them that it was booked with a king bed and then when moving them the next day to a different room don’t make them check out of the wrong room at 11am and make them wait until 3pm to check in to the correct room. That was so inconvenient! I was not able to get to my clothes to shower and change for plans we had at the spa and was almost late for my appointment because I had to wait for someone to open the room (which by the way was already clean when my stuff was put in there so I don’t know why I had to wait until 3pm).

Room Tip: there Are several buildings close to sea.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family

Dear Ocean Maya Royale Guest:

On behalf of the entire staff we would like to thank you for taking the time to share this comment and your experience, with all the community of travelers and future guests.

All of your specific comments regarding service and suggestions will be taken as opportunity areas to improve our service.

Please let us know next time you plan your holidays, we will be looking forward to be your host once again, we are sure this time we will be able to achieve a 5* review from you.

Regards,

Reviewed October 12, 2017 via mobile

We have been at The Ocean Maya Royale for almost 1 week and I have to say the trip was awesome. The staff at the hotel were very accommodating, and the staff at poolside was entertaining the guests continually, especially a young lady named Aranzo. She was funny and worked very hard to get everyone involved in the different events going on-you could tell she loved her job. Price for trip was good, restaurants offered a variety of food choices and I would recommend coming here

Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends

Dear Ocean Maya Royale Former Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review about our resort and for mentioning our co worker Aranza, we really appreciate it since this is very important for us and our future guests.

We would like you to let us know next time you plan your holidays since it would be a big pleasure to have you back and host you once again.

Reviewed October 11, 2017

We have recently returned from our second trip to the Ocean Maya Royal. This time we went for 10 days. Sun was hot weather was great. As for the Hotel and staff we are just as pleased as we were the first time we went. Room was great service was excellent and the whole staff are very friendly. We really enjoy the food and all the restaurants. A little disappointed the the Japanese no longer has regular sitting just the show tables. I highly recommend they go back to full service. As we were down for my wife's birthday and our anniversary the staff were great, they made each of the days special for us.
Oh yes one other small issue is the entertainment staff at the lively pool allowed themselves to be intimidated one day and a hotel guest took over the DJ stand and played his own loud old rock music for most the day. Only the one day but I think the entertainment staff manager showed up the next day and handled it like the professional she is.

Thank-you Ocean Maya we will be back.

Special thank-you to Vanessa and Bobby of the H10 premium staff. Your two are great.

Room Tip: haven't had a bad room yet
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
5  Thank BrentandJackieS

Dear Ocean Maya Royale Guest,

We really appreciate you took the time to wirte and share the experience of your second visit with all the community of travelers and future guests.

Please know that your comments will be taken as big opportunity areas to improve our service.