Hostel 3B Chic & Cheap
Panama Jack Resort(Playa del Carmen)
US$241
US$235
Bookit.com
  • Pool
Banyan Tree Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$687
BanyanTree.com
BlueBay Grand Esmeralda(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$288
US$239
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
US$423
US$269
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
US$1,638
US$265
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Mahekal Beach Resort(Playa del Carmen)
US$202
US$656
US$437
BlueBay
Royal Hideaway Playacar(Playa del Carmen)
US$496
US$389
Barcelo.com
Viceroy Riviera Maya(Playa del Carmen)
US$608
US$646
HotelsClick
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrooftop barelectronic musicado bus stationsunday partydorm roomusual sundaybig lockersown bathroomplace to staybpm festivalair conperfect locationclean roomsbunk bedstwo blocksstayed here for nightssuper fun
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed at Hostel 3B in a 10 bed female dorm for 6 nights in February. I took the bus from Cancun airport. The location is great - the beach is a 5 minute walk, the bus station and 5th Ave. are both a 3 minute walk. Front desk staff was always friendly and helpful. The first floor has reception, the kitchen and lounge area. Second floor has most of the rooms. Third floor has the bar, pool and a couple rooms. Housekeeping works nonstop, and it shows. The whole place is very clean.

I arrived at the beginning of the week, and it was very quiet, but picked up towards the weekend. During the day, the bar was closed, and no one hung out at the pool. At night, the bar was open, but only had a few people. This is unfortunate, because this place has the potential to be sooo much fun, but the vibe was just not there. I didn’t attend the rooftop party on Sunday, because I don’t like EDM, so I can't comment on that. But, even though it was busy and loud, I didn’t hear much noise in the room. Security is good when the party is going on, and they don’t allow outsiders onto the 2nd floor.

Breakfast starts at 8am, and is the same thing every day – two slices of toast, fresh fruit, cereal and coffee/tea. It’s not a big meal, but it is enough to get you going. Wi-Fi does not reach the rooms on the 2nd floor so you had to go downstairs any time you wanted to connect. There is apparently another connection on the third floor, but my phone never once picked it up. It would be much better if Wi-Fi also reached the rooms. There are great, cheap places to eat all along 10th Ave.

The rooms are quite big, and never felt overcrowded. The AC is only on at night and is loud, so if white noise bothers you, this is not the place for you. During the day, the windows are open, and there’s a good cross breeze, so the room was never stuffy. You are given a fresh bed sheet each day. The beds are clean, comfortable, and the bunks quite solid. The lockers are large, and fit my whole backpack.

My first night, I didn’t have any hot water in the shower, but every other night I did. (I apologize again to the guy at front desk who had to come and turn off the shower for me after I blasted the hot water and couldn’t reach the tap at the back of the shower to turn it off without burning myself. That was awkward, but hilarious, and totally my fault.) The shower heads definitely need to be replaced though. The water pressure was great, but the water sprays in every direction, and none of it is downwards like it should be.

In the end, I had higher expectations for this place. Maybe if I only stayed a couple days, I would have liked it more. I booked 6 nights because I was under the impression it was a lively, social vibe at the pool/bar every day, but this is not the case.

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed January 28, 2018 via mobile

Cleaned,cheap and so funny especially the sundays with amazing parties in the terrace,for electronic music lovers!
It's very good located,just in front of the Quinta Avenida and 2 minutes from the beach!
For me the best hostel in town!

Stayed: January 2018
Reviewed January 26, 2018 via mobile

I really enjoyed staying at 3b :) dorm ok; breakfast (good) included; and Nice staff; swimming pool and nice bar on the roof very good vibes :) i highly recommend !!
Party alls friday,saturday&sunday night with a Dj's, Amazing !!!

Stayed: January 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed January 16, 2018

Hostel was very nice, good atmosphere, and great parties.
Staff was really nice, had connections for tours that were way cheaper than anything I found online. They were also really relatable and just fun to be around, I danced with Sophie and Iyari on latin night, and I stayed up all night Christmas eve rapping with Guillermo.
Also in my 7 day stay, the hostel made 2 improvements to our room and bathroom. Maybe I was lucky but its always nice to see they were trying to do better.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 13, 2018 via mobile

If you want to stay in a clean safe environment this is the place all the staff is super! Shot out to Guill was great help in helping me accommodate also Ana and chinito, Guill you play the best music in the world!

Stayed: January 2018, traveled solo