Lowest prices for your stay
eDreams
Agoda.com
US$31
SAVE US$14
Hotels.comUS$42
FindHotelUS$31
StayForLongUS$40
All reviews ado bus station working space double room great pool great facilities four nights perfect location hostel mariana receptionist avenue mexico hammocks bartender
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 December 2020

Customer service at its lowest, management barely shows any interest in their guests' experience. Misleading marketing makes most people think coworking is included in the rent which is NOT true. Besides, dorms are really dirty, most things are broken/work poorly, they don't provide towels, etc etc. Basically they take every single chance to disappoint you. It would be worth for 30% of the price maybe.
NOT RECOMMENDED

Date of stay: December 2020
1  Thank Michele P
Reviewed 7 November 2020 via mobile

I moved to Mexico to be in a more positive environment while the world was in the pandemic. As I have never been to Playa Del Carmen before, I didn’t want to rent a apartment long term without knowing which area to rent.

I decided to stay at Selina while I go the feel of each area. From the moment I walked through the door of Selina, I was greeted with a warm smile and great efficiency (uncommon in Mexico) from the reception staff. Their great communication and helpfulness carried on through out my week long stay here.

The food at Selina is very very good (Selina breakfast and potato wedges are my favourite) they have a really good menu even for myself who is a vegetarian.

The rooms were what I expected from a hostel and even though some events went on till late. Again I expected this from a hostel where most guests are younger than myself.

There are many activities through out the week which I took full advantage of. Scuba diving lessons was one of my favourites and the salsa lessons are really fun.

I hope you have just as amazing stay here just I did.

Kind regards
Ashley james
Southampton, England

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank britannia_chauffeurs
Selina Management, Revenue Management at Selina Playa Del Carmen, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2020

Hey Ashley!

We are more than happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us! We love that you participated in all of the activities we prepare for all of our guests!

Thanks for taking the time of leaving us such a great review!

P.S. Whenever you come back, the potato wedges will be on us! Warm hugs!

Reviewed 25 August 2020 via mobile

All good in the hostel. We had a good experience everywhere in the hostel. The bar girl, Agustina, is a great person and her fun way to spend Karaoke with her and her friends. I hope I can come back very soon. From our arrival to our departure we had good experience with all the staff of the place.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank jorgecF2722CU
Selina Management, Revenue Management at Selina Playa Del Carmen, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2020

Jorge! We are so happy to know that you had a great time with us!
Come back anytime soon for more karaoke nights!
Cheers!

Reviewed 1 August 2020

We stayed here during COVID times, and Selina took everything seriously. They have a 7 step sanitation process each time you enter the hostel before you get to the reception desk. When we got to our room, our toilet was not working, so they moved us to the room next door. Bed was super comfy. View was great. AC ice cold. Highly recommend!

Date of stay: July 2020
1  Thank vegan_JJ
Reviewed 21 July 2020 via mobile

Great place to stay!
The vibe its really nice, it has beautiful art walls and Instagram spots. The staff is kind and friendly, thanks to Emily for being so helpful!
I also recommend the cowork space, you get A/C, high speed wifi and coffee! Looking forward to come back soon!

Date of stay: August 2019