19 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$648
PricelineUS$649
Destinia.comUS$960
3,576 results
All reviews private pool sands beach club rainforest experience outdoor bathtub eco tour saffron restaurant in villa dining la copa villa bbq bedroom villa breakfast buffet serenity pool golf cart three bedroom mayakoba area walk in closet hot tub
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 July 2021

This is our 3rd visit to BT and first with our child (8 yr). I was a little concerned BT would not be as kid friendly based on our previous (child-less) experience.

I was completely wrong. There was a surprising number of families in attendance. The private villa pool entertained my daughter for hours. Also, my daughter LOVED the recently renovated kids club. Karina and Liz made her feel incredibly welcome. Each day had a full schedule of great activities. My only feedback is the kids club closes at 4:30. It would be great if there was an evening activity (e.g. movie night), so my wife and I could grab dinner on our own. There is a babysitter referral service, but we didn’t use it because of Covid concerns.

Otherwise, our stay was pure magic. I could go on about Tomahawk, Oriente, Sands, Copa and the others, but nothing to add to all the other glowing reviews. I do recommend Casa Amate at Andaz to get “off property” for a wonderful meal of Latin American fusion. Also, be sure to ride your bikes through the nature trail to Pueblito. It’s a great ride, and The Burger Shop was great as was the Fairmont tostada restaurant. Armando’s Tequila/Mezcal tasting was also a great experience.

Also, the seaweed was a huge concern going into the trip. I was surprised how clean the beach was. There are an army of people working to keep the beach and the water clean, quite effectively. Yes, there are still traces and the days where the wind took it all away, you see how beautiful the beach and water truly are. I did see beaches outside of BT that are in terrible shape, and really appreciated the efforts the resort went to keep the beach beautiful.

Finally, I recommend the app. It is helpful to schedule clean up and turn down service and buggy pickups. Plus, all the menus are on the app as well. It is pretty helpful. It would be nice if it included a schedule of events and activities around the resort.

Date of stay: July 2021
Banyan Tree Mayakoba, Propietario at Banyan Tree Mayakoba, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2021

Dear OccidentalTravellor,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with the Trip advisor community. I am very proud of each and every employee, we have a great hotel with luxury facilities and this is all enhanced by the quality of our service and the level of excellence from our staff. I very much enjoyed reading your comments about your rides to El Pueblito, meals in our Outlets as well thank you very much for your feedback about kids club opening time.

Once again, many thanks for this great review and I hope to see you again soon at Banyan Tree Mayakoba.

Reviewed 25 July 2021 via mobile

Thanks for an amazing stay in Mayakoba: great location and outstanding villas.
A special thanks for an exceptional service to:
Leaslie, Sumi & Ying from the spa
Arturo from Saffron, the best tai in the region.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear X7719IZluza,

Thank you for your feedback; it was truly a pleasure to host your holiday and thank you for recommending us with all Trip
Advisor followers.

We look forward to welcome you soon again at Banyan Tree Mayakoba.

Reviewed 23 July 2021 via mobile

We finally were able to return to Banyan Tree after 4 years and proved it is still the most amazing piece of paradise in the Riviera Maya. Everything Banyan has to offer is just incredible. The Villas are the perfect couples getaway! The newly renovated Sands beach club is amazing! All the restaurants are delicious, staff is extremely attentive. They make you feel as if you were the only guest of the hotel. I have to commend two people that made our stay that much more enjoyable. Carlos from the beach club made us feel like royalty every single day of our stay. Gilmer our waiter at Saffron is by far the most enjoyable and attentive waiter ever! He loves his work and he shows it with every little detail. Can’t wait to visit again and hopefully sooner that 4 years.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Banyan Tree Mayakoba, Propietario at Banyan Tree Mayakoba, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2021

Dear ErikaGamas,

Thank you very much for your posting on Tripadvisor. It was an honor to host your holiday after 4 years to returning back, and it is indeed a pleasure to receive such a nice review highlighting our, facilities, services and most of all, our staff professionalism and kindness specially of Carlos and Gilmer. We do our very best to ensure our guests are taken care of from the moment they arrive until the time of departure.

Thank you for recommending us with all Trip Advisor followers. We look forward to welcome you soon in our Sanctuary for the Senses!

Reviewed 22 July 2021

My wife and I loved this property and all its amenities!

Nayeli was extremely helpful from check-in throughout our stay in assisting with arranging all the activities and reservations we needed--she was a true asset to the Banyan Tree brand.

We will definitely be back!

P.S. - the new Ocean Front Villas were amazing!!

Date of stay: July 2021
Banyan Tree Mayakoba, Propietario at Banyan Tree Mayakoba, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2021

Dear starcatcher888,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with the Trip advisor community. I am very proud of each and every employee, we have a great hotel with luxury facilities and this is all enhanced by the quality of our service and the level of excellence from our staff, glad to hear Nayeli went above and beyond.

Reviewed 21 July 2021

So excited to be back at Banyan Tree Mayakoba this summer! Everything about the resort - staff, villas, restaurants, pools, beach, is the absolute best. The new Sands Beach Club is stunning (although we miss the swim up bar!) and was a wonderful location to relax and recharge. My husband has historically been a naysayer when it comes to a massage but I think he loves the spa here even more than I do. This was our 4th visit in 5 years (if not for 2020 we would be 5 for 5) and we are already planning next year's trip!

Date of stay: June 2021

Dear Tracy W,

Thank you very much for your posting on Tripadvisor. It was an honor to host your fourth holiday and it is indeed a pleasure to receive such a nice review highlighting our, facilities, services and most of all, our staff professionalism and kindness. We do our very best to ensure our guests are taken care of from the moment they arrive until the time of departure.