Mahekal Beach Resort(Playa del Carmen)
US$351
US$188
  • Breakfast included
Kinbe Hotel(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$62
  • Pool
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$508
US$379
  • Beachfront
US$359
Bookit.com
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
US$329
US$263
Priceline
Book now, pay at stay
US$336
US$326
  • Breakfast included
Hacienda Tres Rios(Playa del Carmen)
US$550
US$407
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Banyan Tree Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$464
Priceline
Book now, pay at stay
US$725
Hotels.com
All reviewstacoeco tourcevichegolf cartlagoon poolbanyan treecasa milagrolagoon view suitehyatt pointskids clubbreakfast buffetbeach roomamazing propertynespresso machinerooms are modernevery single staff memberthe entire property
Reviewed 18 October 2017

We stayed during the first week of October to celebrate my birthday. When we arrived, we were greeted with a delicious cocktail and a stone to make a wish at the most amazing Sanctuary/lobby. We arrived late and the front desk agents were very attentive and accommodating. We were driven around the property and dropped off at our room. The next day we were moved to another room with incredible views by the beach. We ate at Olla Taco and it was spectacular. The fajitas and the cocktails were amazing. They didn't have a watermelon Margarita on the menu but they made it for me anyway. The staff at the beach and the pool were great too, great service! The bikes are fun, the spa was just perfect (Gracias a Salvador). The concierge (Aldo) was on point, giving us great recommendations for our trip to Tulum. The breakfast was incredible, the service was world class, thank you chef Yosafet (sp). The Tuna Tostada for lunch at Cocina Milagros was the best thing ever. The rooms were neat and clean, the robe was perfect. One of the bellmen (Hector/Guillermo) remembered us from our previous trip where we stayed at another property close to playa, what a memory and attention to detail. The service at La Fonda in the pueblito was very interesting with great service. Our ride in the lagoon with Noah was a highlight, will never for it. Thank you Andaz for such a great product. Special thanks to all of the staff! Rogelio, Guillermo, Ivan, Natalia, Carlos, all of the grounds keepers that waved to us every time they saw us, they work so hard.

Johan

Room Tip: Stay near the pool and beach!
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Lin S, Director General at Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Hola jestrella2016! Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Its amazing to read all about our staff warmth and attention to your experience, I am proud of their achievements and will make sure to express my gratitude to all of them. We certainly hope you come back soon, its our pleasure to host you. Best regards, Lin Schatz.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

Did not enjoy this experience. Would think twice about returning to this property. Love the area, it is an area we have stayed frequently. Was excited to try a new property, Even though we had been very happy with accommodations at a previous property. This was not what I had anticipated, maybe a work in progress. Was very happy to leave when the vacation was over.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels
Lin S, Director General at Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2017

Hola mksantis, thank you for sharing your experience. I am truly sorry to read about your less than perfect experience with us. We truly did everything within our power to make sure you enjoyed our resort and you were looked after. I regret that despite our many efforts and empathy you left unimpressed. I hope you give us a second opportunity to improve this last experience. Best regards, Lin Schatz.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Andaz
Lin S, Director General at Andaz Mayakoba Resort Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2017

Reviewed 14 October 2017

This is a long overdue review, but our stay at Andaz Mayakoba far exceeded any expectations. The property is stunning and meticulously maintained. The hospitality is on par with 5 star luxury resorts with and the details.. WOW! This is where Andaz Myakoba became my favorite resort of all.

While checking in we enjoyed complimentary watermelon margaritas that were really refreshing after the long drive from Tulum. Our hostess was the sweetest and was able to take us on the boat tour through the lagoon en route to our room. She and the guide pointed out many species of birds, fish, and we even saw some alligators. When we arrived to our room, an ocean front studio which we’d been upgraded to, we were blown away. The white sand and bright blue sea view was unreal, and we really enjoyed it from our private plunge pool. In our closet we found his and hers flip flops (they fit us perfectly), a beach bag (loved this since I didn’t pack one), a flashlight for exploring at night and bug spray (they were out for the kill this time of year). This is just a tiny example of the kind of details you find at Andaz that sets it apart from everywhere else, but you can expect these special touches throughout the entire property.

The breakfast buffet at Cocino Milagro is by far the best I’ve ever had. It’s enormous and the extensive variety means everyone will leave happy and full. Each day they had an assortment of fresh and authentic Mexican dishes and they were all so tasty. You can have freshly squeezed juice from any fruit you can think of (I loved the papaya juice) and even the pastries are freshly baked there in the kitchen each night. The first morning Juan Carlos was our server and we loved chatting with him. He made a point the rest of our stay to come say hi if we weren’t seated in his section.

For me, laying by the pool and consuming copious amount of fresh coconut water was all I needed. But my boyfriend mostly enjoyed exploring the entire Mayakoba property on the complimentary bikes. We saw the kids club schedule and the activities they offer are super cool; I know my 6 year old will have a blast when we come back. The staff here are all incredibly friendly, and it’s clear that they’re proud to be a part of this beautiful resort. They’re eager to help in any way they can and genuinely interested in getting to know their guests.

I’d recommend this resort to anyone - couples, families, those who are unable to do a lot of walking - the golf carts make everything so easily accessible. I love to explore off the beaten path when I travel, but there is so much to enjoy at Andaz and in Mayakoba, it was nice to slow down and relax without a schedule. Our stay was way too short, so I’m already planning our next trip back.

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank LeslieLynne425

Hola LeslieLynne425! Thank you for taking the time to share your review. I enjoyed reading all about the details that you found most special, we work very hard in order to create unique experiences so it's very rewarding when our guests appreciate them and our hard work. I look forward to welcoming you and your family back, and I will make sure to share your kind remands with Juan Carlos. Warm regards, Lin Schatz.

Reviewed 12 October 2017

Staff was very friendly and always smiling.Outside is very well kept and clean. Room were a good size. Very reasonable pricing. The bikes lying around the resort are in good shape and if you have them pick you up to take you to another part of the resort they come pretty quickly. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hyatt Hotels

Hola Tambei! Thank you very much for sharing your great review. I appreciate you pointing out our efforts to make sure you have a great experience. It has been our pleasure to host you, we hope you come back soon. Warm regards, Lin Schatz.