Royal Hideaway Playacar(Playa del Carmen)
US$276
US$242
Bookit.com
The Royal Playa del Carmen(Playa del Carmen)
US$356
US$309
  • Breakfast included
Mahekal Beach Resort(Playa del Carmen)
US$150
  • Breakfast included
Magic Blue Hotel(Playa del Carmen)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$93
US$252
US$213
Bookit.com
Valentin Imperial Riviera Maya(Playa del Secreto)(Great Value!)
US$392
US$329
  • Breakfast included
Fairmont Mayakoba(Playa del Carmen)
US$419
US$319
  • Beachfront
US$740
US$308
US$271
Bookit.com
Hacienda Tres Rios(Playa del Carmen)
US$482
US$330
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsthe main hotelrooftop pooltequila tastingcatch restaurantsister propertywalk in showerwalking distance to all restaurantspanoramic corner suiteadvise on places to visithand written cardhotel carmendeep soaking tubpeaceful locationrooms are nicely appointedprivate accesslarge suitespartial view
Reviewed 14 June 2018

Yes, the building is clean, the beds are comfortable and it’s right on the beach which is lovely. That’s not the full truth of my review: The folks who work here are what makes Thompson Beach House so special. Some of the nicest people I’ve ever met in my almost 15 years of travel.
I saw everyone going above and beyond for the guests... including us. Always ready to help with a recommendation on where to eat that night or help with a rental car. Ms. Nadia and Ms. Leslie were so kind and I learned that their opinions and guidance were well worth breaking from my routine of going-it-alone. Thanks to everyone there, our vacation exceeded our hopes. We are so grateful.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2018

The Thompson Beach House is a beautifully property. From the minute you walk in you're greeted by friendly staff! Luciano at the pool restaurant was our favorite waiter - he was polite, prompt, and gave us great ideas about other places to explore
We will definitely be back!!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are great!
1  Thank Kelsey N
Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

First of all I must tell you that my husband and I travel frequently, but have never gone back to the same resort twice because we are usually wanting to see or visit somewhere different but mainly because we are afraid will be disappointed the second time or it won’t live up to our previous trip... Until be found the Thompson Beach House. I must tell you that we had an even better stay this time than we did last year. Nadia at the The front desk went above and beyond to make our trip incredible. From happy birthday balloons in our room to making sure we had our favorite mixers at the bar and so much more. Jonathan at the bar make some of the most amazing cocktails on earth. He’s a true mixologist. You can tell he loves what he does. Honestly, the entire hotel staff is incredible. We did not want for anything and they were so happy to help in anyway they could. A few of the standouts were Irving, Luciano, Jefferson, Michelle, Rafael, Ricardo, and Ozvaldo... and of course Nadia and Jonathan. The resort itself is beautiful. It’s new, clean, modern and small so you feel very special while you’re there. The very best part is that it’s just steps away from 5th Avenue where you’ll find all the best restaurants and bars. We stayed at the hotel for three days by ourselves and then we had three couples join us for the second half of our trip. They all loved it as well. Can’t wait to go back.

Reviewed 23 May 2018

This place is the bomb! Carlos the manager was simply amazing pointing out local fair. And the pool area is quaint and quite. Perfect for any romantic get away or a close time with friends. I spend 6 days there and would have loved more!

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 16 May 2018 via mobile

They moved us here from the other Thompson location after a disastrous couple of days there. Too much music for us.
They don’t have a rooftop bar here - but beware there is one next door.
This is a cute little boutique.
Staff are nice.
Rooms are decent.
I don’t see how it is a 4.5 star.
Our safe didn’t work when we arrived, our shower was broken, lights are burnt out.
To me what makes a hotel above a 4 is exceptional maintenance - there has to be processes to identify and fix issues before the clients do.
We thought the restaurant was fine but nothing exceptional - and pricey as you might expect.
Ok experience overall.
Would consider other options next time.