“INCREDIBLE Cenote/reef snorkeling!!!”
Review of Playita Tours

Playita Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: At Playita Tours of Playa Del Carmen Mayan Ruins Tours and cenotes is our speciality, Chichen-Itza, Tulum Ruins, Coba Ruins, Muyil Mayan Ruins or any other you would like to charter. Visit the Ancient Mayan Ruins and Swim in the Cenotes with our combo tour. We also offer the best value on private transportation anywhere in the Riviera Maya and Reliable Cancun Airport Transfers.
Reviewed 10 April 2017

I booked this excursion and was amazed at how great Eduardo was!!! He loves his job and his knowledge is unbelievable. He explained everything about what we were doing and where we were going. The reef and cenote snorkeling were absolutely incredible and Eduardo made us feel so comfortable and we learned ALOT. Everything was perfect from pick-up to drop-off. He was very professional and we loved the dvd of pictures we were given at the end of our trip. I would definitely recommend Eduardo for any tour...and there are a variety of options through him. I'm definitely looking forward to going back and doing more tours with him!!!

All reviews
"mexico"
"cenote"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed 3 April 2017

My family and I recently returned from Playa Del Carmen. Our trip was made extremely wonderful by Eduardo of Playita Tours!! We went on four excursions with Eduardo. We went to see the Cenotes, snorkeling in the Great Mayan Reef, The Mayan Ruins in Tulum and the River Float in Muyil. I honestly couldn't pick which one was my favorite. Each one of these experiences was beyond anything I could have imagined. It is very clear from the start, how much Eduardo loves his job! He is extremely punctual and his vans are modern and spotless. He is also very well organized. Everything is provided except your swimsuit and towel. He even takes pictures throughout each excursion, and will download them onto a disc for you while you are enjoying the lunch that is included. He speaks wonderful English and is extremely knowledgeable. He is not an ordinary tour guide, but a teacher for each excursion! He provided my family with not only an experience we will never forget, but so much interesting information regarding each excursion that I feel like we learned so much about the Mexican and Mayan cultures, and the Yucatan Peninsula. In fact my 10 year old joked, that he couldn't wait to get back to school so he could tell his teacher everything he learned! Eduardo's attention to detail is superb. He never missed a thing, and was always pointing out and explaining things to us. If you are ever in Playa Del Carmen, and are looking for something to do beyond the resort experience, I HIGHLY recommend Eduardo with Playita tours. You won't be disappointed!!

Reviewed 9 March 2017

I was on holiday in Playa del Carmen. Our friend recommended to enjoing of our stay with the local agency Playita Tours.
This agency- Playita Tours makes for as a favorit tours of lendmarks of Chichen Itza, Cenote Sagrado and surroundings. I was satisfait of a tour, most of our guide Eduardo-professional and creative person. In addition of his capabality, he recomended us a great places, history of Maya and everything necessary for a great stay.
I Recomend you sincerly the Agency Playita Tours and its guide Eduardo to enjoy of your vacantion and stay in Mexico and you will not been disappointed at all.

1  Thank ivet78
Reviewed 4 March 2017

I have been coming to the Riviera Maya for several years. We were fortunate to discover this business and its owner Eduardo. He takes an amazing part of the world, and educates you with the passion of someone who is not only very knowledgeable, but someone who cares about preserving the delicate ecology of the Yucatan Peninsula. When you're with Eduardo, he's not simply a driver for hire, he's your teacher for the day. You can't ask for a better combination. We discovered that the best way to maximize what Eduardo has to offer is to simply ask him for suggestions as to where and what to see, from some standard destinations to some more adventurous types of outings. This can be difficult to find in an area like Playa del Carmen, that's why I call Eduardo a "gem". Add to that a further bonus, he is punctual and his vehicles are very modern and comfortable. Paul M

2  Thank cyclone14
See more reviews
Reviewed 26 February 2017

I booked a snorkel store through the Snorkel Shop. Eduardo of Playita Tours was the group guide. Eduardo was punctual and his van was brand new and immaculately clean. He speaks good English, is very personable, and is knowledgeable on a variety of subjects.

The excursion was really very organized; everything but bathing suit and towel were supplied. It was nice not have to think about anything.

The trip was in protected reef off Port Morelos, and it is a stunning spot, off a nice, uncrowded beach. The coral was incredibly healthy and vibrant. Jose, the boat driver, was the fish spotter. There were several fish and other marine organisms I would never have seen on my own, including two lobsters. Eduardo was keeping snorkelers together and taking underwater photos.We snorkeled in two spots, and the contrast was noticeable, even to the novice.

After snorkeling, we returned to the shore and were served an excellent lunch, which was really appreciated after so much swimming. Meanwhile, Eduardo was burning CDs of photos he took.

Unfortunately, my was trip was not long enough to take another Playita Excursions. I really trusted Eduardo. I unquestionably would have felt comfortable booking something more extreme or challenging--like diving with sharks!!

Eduardo is obviously a professional, not just a tour guide. He has a deep sense of responsibility for the well being and satisfaction of his clientele. It would be hard not to notice how much he really enjoys his job, and sharing experiences with visitors.

I recommend Eduardo and Playita Tours if you have any concern about trusting a stranger as your guide into the unknown. I traveled to Mexico by myself, so I naturally am more wary, but I very quickly relaxed, and just enjoy my experience. Highly recommended!

1  Thank Joanna M