“Great food & service ”

La Kantina De Los Tacos De Humo
Ranked #74 of 245 Restaurants in Isla Mujeres
Price range: US$6 - US$15
Description: Serving up the BEST tacos on the island by Chef Omar. Located on Matamoros between Juarez and Hidalgo.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

I visited this place with my friends, Said's service was very nice, he had time to talk with us, prepare our drinks even though he was alone. We will back soon for more margaritas. Be sure to try the fish and shrimp tacos. Are the best!!

Date of visit: April 2021
Omar C, Owner at La Kantina De Los Tacos De Humo, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you so much for your review! We really appreciate it!

Write a reviewReviews (38)

Reviewed 5 April 2021 via mobile

Finally found this place on my last day on the island. I was actually searching for “tacos de Humo” location and found this one by mistake. But I’m so glad I did. We ordered the “tacos locos” which had a variety of meats on top of guacamole and topped with a chicharrón. They serve them 3 in an order. They are large and super filling. Meat was tender, very delicious. The large house margarita I ordered went perfect. I then ordered a fish taco to try and it was perfectly battered, crunchy on the outside tender on the inside. They offered a housemade donut at the end. It was fluffy, warm and so good! Service is great and they have a eclectic Mexican decor. Next time I’m back on Isla, this will be my taco place everyday!!

1  Thank keniat2017
Reviewed 2 April 2021 via mobile

5 ***** experience. We enjoyed the food and the atmosphere at its finest!! We were 4 people with completely different tastes but we all agreed that everything we tried was delicious. Thanks also to Giorgia for her nice Italian touch :)

Comida variada, deliciosa y excelentemente presentada por parte de Giorgia a la que le agradecemos muchísimo por su tiempo y sus consejos. Uno de los mejores sitios de nuestras vacaciones ex México!!

Si mangia in abbondanza, si beve e si chiacchiera con Giorgia: cosa chiedere di più? Tacos di tutti i tipi per tutti i palati, venite affamati e con gola di piccante perché c’è da soffrire

Reviewed 21 March 2021

Second time here this week, because the tacos are that good. My daughter's favorite are fish and mine are carnitas. Ivan served us and he couldn't have been nicer. I like this location (Av Matameras) better then the original on Av Juarez as it's a little closer to the action on Hidalgo Street and the cars and golf carts that pass by seem to not drive by so fast. Sitting outside this restaurant with delicious food keeps with that carefree vacation feeling you should have when on such a lovely island.

Reviewed 18 March 2021 via mobile

You must try the habanero sauce in the Enchiladas, it is as good as it gets, not too spicy! The guacamole with chipotle is Smokey and sweet. The crispy shrimp tacos are a must try and the complementary donuts for desserts are too die for!