3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Hotels.com$97
Travelocity$97
Tripadvisor$97
Trip.com$97
FindHotel$97
Orbitz.com$97
All reviews close to the airport home away from home rented a car guacamole the entire staff jolie dan island pets cabs blast
Selected filters
Reviewed January 9, 2021

This was such a great find. My family stayed at this quaint hotel for 2 nights. It is fantastic! The rooms were spacious and clean - stayed in connecting rooms on the main level. One room had 2 twin beds and the other a double bed.

There are a couple of lounge chairs by the pool and various sitting areas as well. It is a relaxing and friendly atmosphere.

Daniel, the manager, was wonderful and he took very good care of us. He cooked us breakfast both mornings and it was delicious!

It is located across the street from the airport so we were able to walk.

Highly recommend!

Date of stay: January 2021
1  Thank 126kelleym
Reviewed November 22, 2020 via mobile

We needed a place to stay one night until our timeshare was available for check-in. Casita de Maya is one of those gems you love to find. We literally walked out of the airport crossed the road and we were there.

Dan the proprietor has created little oasis so inviting and peaceful. As soon as you walk up to the entrance the ambiance of the place melts the worlds cares away. You immediately feel relaxed and immersed in the Mexican culture present in every detail of the hotel. We didn't need to leave for dinner or breakfast as Daniel is always there to make whatever you like. His attention to details and willingness to make your stay amazing is present in all he does. The servings are generous and the price is amazing.

They continued to impress when I had forgotten to pack a prescription
medication. As we do not speak Spanish, Dan the proprietor offered to help. He drove us in his car to a pharmacy and translated what we needed. Though it ended up being a medication that is not available in Mexico the fact that he took the time going above and beyond puts him far above the rest.

Give this place a try if your in Cozumel. You can't beat the prices for such exceptional hospitality offering the charm of Cozumel culture.

We give Casita De Maya 5 stars for customer service, ambiance, convenience and price.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2020

I ended up initially at this hotel in July 2020 because most of the places I usually stay at were closed. I loved it so much that I jus returned yesterday from my second stay. This small private hotel has 8 rooms. The rooms on the first floor are about 5 feet from a small swimming pool that I jumped in every day before getting going. Some of the things that will make me return are as follows:

1. friendly staff
2. safe enclosed property that can actually lock the front gate to keep people out
3. extremely clean rooms
4. across the street from the airport

The only issue is the distance from town. It is a 5 minute drive. If you are a big walker it is not an issue. Also there are taxis available or like me, you can rent a car.

I almost forgot something important. The price is right. Prices like Mexico used to and still should be.

Call Dan or Lalo directly or you can use a booking engine like Expedia.

I do have one complaint. It was that I had to come home and I was not able to jump in the pool at Casita de Maya this morning.

Date of stay: August 2020
1  Thank GDTQuemadotx
Reviewed June 8, 2020

My husband and I truly enjoyed staying at Casita de Maya. The ambience was quiet, relaxing and inviting. The room was lovely. We met so many wonderful people at the hotel (both staff and guests). This will be our “go to” hotel when we make it back to Cozumel. 5 stars!

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2020 via mobile

This was our second time at Casita De Maya. It was just as good, if not better than the first. The rooms comfortable, the food outstanding and the other guests fun. It feels as if your staying with friends.

Daniel cooked for us almost every night. We ordered items off the menu and they were wonderful. We have homemade Tamales, Sopes, and Pazole. Best food on the Island. Thank you.

The only criticism I had was the lack of lounge chairs by the pool, the pool was very chilly (maybe a heater), and smoking was allowed.

We would definitely visit again. Thank you for a wonderful trip.

Date of stay: March 2020