Barracuda(Cozumel)
US$70
US$68
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Casa Mexicana Cozumel(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$92
US$90
Hotels.com
Hotel B Cozumel(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$115
  • Breakfast included
Beds Friends Hostel(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$34
US$26
Hostelworld.com
  • Restaurant
Coral Reef Inn(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$55
Amigos Hostel Cozumel(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$24
US$20
Hostelworld.com
Free cancellation until 08/01
Book now, pay at stay
US$25
Baldwin's Guest House Cozumel(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$78
TripAdvisor
US$234
US$214
Cancelon
  • Pool
All reviewsrooftop poolbudget hotelyogurtblue magicnice breakfastlarge fridgeattached bakeryhot choicesking burritosafe walkexcellent locationrooms are very basicsafe areacan't beat the locationstayed here for nightsthe entire hotelconvenience store
Reviewed 10 April 2018 via mobile

I would recommend this hotel for sure! Nice, budget hotel w nice staff! The only thing I would change would be the breakfast! If they could just put cereal / milk out ... maybe get a coffee machine?? The rooftop pool was nice!!

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2018

TO: Hotel Plaza Cozumel Management
FROM: Denny Nothnagel
DATE: February 28, 2018
RE: My 2 month stay at your Hotel
Dear Management;
My name is Denny Nothnagel. I have been staying at your Hotel since January 3rd of this year. This is my first time staying here, and will certainly not be my last time. From the moment I walked in the door, and everyday since, the staff here have been most wonderful. So many gracious people, so many smiles and friendly greetings, I immediately went from feeling like a guest to feeling like I was part of your family.
Every part of the Hotel is always clean, the roof deck and pool are incredible with excellent views of the ocean and sunsets, and then to make this all even better, your breakfasts every morning are a perfect start to each day. I have had friends from the Island here to visit and relax, and without fail, your place in Paradise has impressed everyone.
I am going to also post this on trip advisor for you folks. You may contact me at any time if you need. I am attaching my contact info below.
Thanks again for a perfect stay. I will see you again later this year in the Fall.

Denny Nothnagel
Coon Rapids, MN. 55433

Stayed: January 2018
Reviewed 9 February 2018

We were Booked into the Hotel Plaza Cozumel as part of dive package with Blue Magic Diving stayed here for 10 Nights we had 2 separate rooms which are very good but nothing fancy with air conditioning on suite shower and toilet my room had 2 double beds but I only slept in 1 which was very comfortable and I got a good nights sleep in it and there were no problems at all during the stay.
The maid (Dulce) came everyday to clean the room and change the bedding and made a nice job every day she works hard and was a nice lady.
The price included breakfast everyday which was usually a choice of cereal,
scrambled eggs, and usually some Mexican food, bread, fruit, and tea or coffee breakfast is buffet style so you can have as much as you want to I would not have a problem in staying at this hotel again when in Cozumel.

Room Tip: Sea View Rooms Are Nice
  • Stayed: January 2018, traveled with friends
1  Thank Chang-Siam
Reviewed 6 January 2018

I just got back from a one week stay at the Hotel Plaza Cozumel and my opinion of it is.... mostly positive but mixed. There are good and bad points and you should consider which are more important to you.

Starting with the good: First, the location is fantastic; a block or so from the ferry terminal right downtown a half block from the ocean. It makes it easy to walk around or grab a cab for points farther away on the island. Shopping, restaurants, a couple of banks, a convenience store, car/scooter rental places, a bakery, a good coffee shop are all within a block. You can't beat the location. Second, the breakfast in the morning is pretty substantial -- fresh fruit, yoghurt, granola, hot choices such as scrambled eggs, beans, french toast, etc. and bakery items makes for a good start to the day. The coffee isn't that great but again, you're a block away from a good coffee shop so not an issue. Third, the rooftop pool is a nice place to relax and enjoy a view of the ocean and surrounding area. If I were the hotel management, though, I'd be up there from about 5-7 pm selling bottled soft drinks and beer and maybe some snacks -- seems like a missed opportunity. Finally, the price is pretty budget friendly. The room itself is fine; pretty basic but reasonably spacious with a TV and an air conditioner that you control yourself. It would have been nice to have a fridge as well; perhaps management could consider that for the future.

Now, the bad: First, the flip side of the fantastic location is that the hotel is right next to a popular bar that plays live music almost every night until pretty late. My room was right next to the venue, so I basically got to 'enjoy' the concert every night. I would definitely request a room on the other side of the hotel (the ocean side) if I were staying there again. If you're a night owl and out late every day anyway this might not be an issue, but if you're a morning person and a light sleeper.... well, good luck. Next, there were ants in my room. I'm from California and I don't freak out about a few ants, but if you do that could be an issue. Make sure not to leave any food out for sure. It didn't 'bug' me (haha) until the last day when I went into my kids' room and found them on their bed. Yuck. I told management about it so hopefully they'll be able to eliminate them. Finally, while there is indeed WiFi, it's spotty at best. I couldn't get it reliably in my room and the network kept cutting in and out in other areas of the hotel.

Overall, for me I would stay here again if I could get a room on the other side of the hotel.

Room Tip: Request a room on the ocean side of the hotel if you want it quieter
  • Stayed: January 2018, traveled with family
5  Thank raccoon00000
Reviewed 5 January 2018

We stayed briefly last year,spending two days in Cozumel coming from Playa, and loved it. We are planning a trip for a week in Cozumel in a few weeks and booked again. Can't beat the location, cost, and wonderful staff. They were very accommodating by keeping our luggage safe and sound prior to check and an after so we had time to go enjoy the island. I have emailed a few questions and always receive prompt responses. Breakfast was great, a nice added bonus. There is noise from neighboring bars at night but that is par for the course when you choose to be in town Not horrible and nothing a good pair of ear plugs can't take care of. Rooms were very clean and the space suited our needs. Can't wait to return:)

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled as a couple