5,588 results
All reviews star friends dressel divers pink flamingos fish steak restaurant water shoes tenderloin dive shop tex mex rooms are small swim up bar sand fleas specialty restaurants mattress topper rocky beach other resorts shows at night
Reviewed 7 April 2017

We stayed at the Iberostar with a group of friends in February. I found the hotel to be well run and the grounds beautiful. The rooms are all in individual buildings with 8 rooms in each. The room was very clean and I didn't notice the smell or mildew as previous reviews mentioned. I am also not a fan of all inclusive preferring to go out but as the group we travelled with wanted this option I am glad we chose the Iberostar. The food was much better than I have had at previous all inclusive hotels. We all loved the cantina and the waiters and staff at all the restaurants were very friendly and attentive for a large party of people. The hotel is very quiet and near the end of the hotel area on the island which we found nice. It was overall a great hotel, the beach area is quite small and not great for walking which we knew before going so that was not a surprise. It was very windy the first couple of days so I will assume that is the reason for the massive amount of seaweed that washed up on the beach and that this is not regular occurrence as it had a very strong odor. The only negative I would give the hotel is the cheesey and somewhat dated shows in the evening I enjoyed the staff when the worked at the pool during the day, but the shows in the evening are dated and really not great except to put you to sleep after dinner.

Date of stay: February 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank kreini
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your comment about our hotel IBEROSTAR Cozumel. We are always very happy to receive confirmation our guests have enjoyed an excellent holiday and have left with wonderful memories.

We are very happy to know that you enjoyed our pools and beaches and that our grounds seemed very clean and maintained.

Thank you for letting us know that our staff was always kind to you as it is something that has always characterized our hotel.

Finally, we thank you once again for your kind comment and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Warm regards,

IBEROSTAR México

Reviewed 6 April 2017

This was our first experience with an all-inclusive and we loved it! The staff was unbelievable. Always a smile on their face and an "hola" for you! We attended 3 of the shows and loved them all. Those performers are so talented!!! The food was good. We ate at the buffet every night but one where we had reservations at the Steak place. We thought it was just ok. The grounds are beautiful and our room looked right out at the ocean (room 1104). We upgraded to it and thought it was well worth the extra money. It was right next to the Dressel Drivers so it was slightly noisy from that but actually when you were in your room, you really couldn't hear much that was going on outside. They have a nice workout gym which I used 2-3 times. We never had a problem getting a beach chair as they have plenty in the shade or sun. We didn't use the pool at all because we loved just being on the beach. You can't go wrong staying at the Iberostar!!!

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank ElleyD

Dear guest,

It has been a real pleasure to read this excellent review of your recent vacation with us at IBEROSTAR Cozumel and we really appreciate that you took the time to write and share it with us and the TripAdvisor community.

The fact that we were able to exceed your expectations with our service, the beauty and comfort of our hotel and our excellent gastronomy is of great importance to us. Your positive review confirms that our attention to detail ensures fantastic holiday experiences for our guests and for that we are most grateful.

It is therefore very satisfying for us that you have kept us in your fondest memories and it will be nice to welcome you back again, until then we wish you all the best.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 April 2017

Going to make this short and as nice as possible. Pro's... great entertainment staff, beautiful animals on the grounds, buffets were pretty good. Cons... ocean view rooms not worth the money, rooms smelly and most outdated, no beach. I got severely ill. We arrived on 03/23 and by Sunday morning I was in my room. By 9:00 that evening my husband called in a local physician. Within six hours I was severely dehydrated, he gave me a shot and said if this did not work I would need to go to the local hospital. The vomiting had then stopped (Thank God) andthe doctor prescribed more medication that could be picked up the next morning . We were actually planning to leave the resort as a result of this and fly home early at our expense. By Monday morning I was able to swallow the medication without vomiting and we were going to hold off till Tuesday . We were with a group of four other families and requested a room change so they could continually check on me . The hotel was not cooperative and was going to charge us to move me to a different room on the other side . One friend who had a suite gave me her room and moved into a downgrade by the pool which we did not get reimbursed for the difference between that and an ocean view . I can tell you right now I got sick at the Tex-Mex restaurant on Friday night as there was only three of us that ate there and I was the only one with a vegetarian taco salad and the coconut shrimp ... this was our first time to when ibearostar, our friends never go anywhere else so they were severely disappointed in the cooperation of the hotel staff . My word of advice if you get sick definitely call the doctor it was worth every penny ... I had 4 out of a 7 day vacation. The hotel said they could not verify I got sick there although I never left the grounds!
Would not return... ever! Ooh The day before we left I did get a free massage which I gave to my husband as there was no way any was going to touch me after how ill
I had been. Went home with medical bills and am going to reimburse my friend for her room upgrade... I really felt the hotel should of been a little more cooperative. We did not want any kind of a reimbursement but a small voucher for a return visit for my friend to get a room upgrade free of charge.

Room tip: had 2 ocean view rooms ...waste of money one was on the bottom floor by the surf shop other view obstructed by buildings
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank dubber50
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2017

Dear guest,

We want to thank you for choosing us as your vacation destination for your recent holiday to Cozumel.

It is wonderful to read that you enjoyed the grounds, wildlife and entertainment staff.
On the other hand, it is regrettable to hear you were sick. In this matter, we would like to clarify, that our company has a very strict Health & Safety policy, we get regular control audits from an external company called Saniconsult. This company comes in to verify our system procedures and we always get excellent results which show that our procedures are adequate. Nor was it found any bacteria or parasites in our food or drinks. Indeed, your well-being and your entire satisfaction is our primary goal. A variety of causes could be associated with an ailment such as change of climate, consumption of alcohol, the change of food and water type.

Concerning the room change, we would like to mention that our front desk staff offer you different options and discounts for other rooms, also our Assistant manager was attentive to your requirements and offered you options to enjoy your vacation. We are sorry to know that we did not change your impression. It is important to clarify that the Ocean view category is not close to the suite that your friend had.

Again, we are very sorry that your overall experience did not live up to your expectations; we thank you for the time you took out of your day to share your experience and we sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to change your opinion.

Best regards,

Reviewed 3 April 2017

We had a really good time at Iberostar last week. LOVED the layout of the resort, there wasn't a bad area to be in. We were in 6103 and it was perfectly located between the pool/beach and lobby. The resort had a homey, casual atmosphere to it and we all enjoyed the jungle feel with peacocks, flamingos, cats, macaws, etc walking around.

I can't say enough good things about all the employees at the resort - you seen the same faces at breakfast and at dinner. These people work hard.
In addition, the Star Friends go out of their way to make your vacation fun, They take time out of their days to talk with with guests and get to know everyone. My kids usually don't participate in activities as much but they felt super comfortable with all the Star Friends - what a great group of people!!!! We will miss our new friends.

The overall resort was amazing. The beach is very well kept up but you can't swim right off shore, however we all enjoyed swimming off the pier. My kids are 11 & 13 so they really liked snorkeling anyway. However, if you want to swim in the ocean, you can walk off the property to the left a little ways and find good beach swimming.

Don't miss any of the night shows either - we enjoyed them all. Our favorites were Boogie Nights and Movie night. The fire show on the beach is also a MUST.

Thanks again for all the good memories.

Room tip: we were in 6103 and that was perfect location - right between the lobby and pool/beach area
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank schoneygal4
Quality manager I, Quality Manager at Iberostar Cozumel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for choosing once IBEROSTAR Cozumel to spend your recent vacations with your family.

We feel honored to read such as nice comments about your stay with us, it is a great joy to know that all your family enjoyed all the facilities such as the wildlife, the snorkel, the daily activities and the service provided by the entire staff.
With your feedback we will encourages all our staff to keep doing their best in order to achieve such as nice reviews.

As you mentioned the beach entrance is rocky because we are located near the reef area; it is a natural protected area which is one of our main features! As we make daily efforts to preserve the environment; we cannot alter the coastline in any way. We have a ladder in our pier so that our guests can swim or snorkel to enjoy the fabulous fauna in the area.

Thank you for making us your choice hotel and for the courtesy of your time; we remain at your entire disposal for any request you might have regarding coming vacations and encourage you to contact our call center to help you choose your next IBEROSTAR holiday among a wide range of beautiful destinations worldwide.

Sincere regards,

Reviewed 3 April 2017

We had a wonderful time at the Iberostar on Cozumel. The staff was outsanding. The incredible selection of food and restaurants. The well groomed grounds and variety of activities and entertainment were fun and encouraging. The rooms are clean, not too fancy, beds just right. We'll go back.

Room tip: Ask for a room away from the pool
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank SelinaJ20

Dear guest,

It has been an absolute pleasure to read this great review of your recent stay with us at IBEROSTAR Cozumel and we appreciate that you took the time to write and share it with us and the TripAdvisor community.

We would like to consider all aspects to create an environment for our guests that fulfill all their wishes as much as possible for a perfect holiday. Therefore, we welcome both your praise and your helpful critique with gratitude.

We are pleased that you have noticed the extremely friendly atmosphere and competence of our committed employees in all of their chosen areas. It is also good to know our versatile services and lovingly prepared gastronomy contributed to your fantastic holiday experience.

It is nice to know that you felt so comfortable with us and that have chosen to share that fact with others and we hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards,