Barracuda(Cozumel)
US$85
US$64
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Hotel B Cozumel(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$115
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Plaza Cozumel(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$41
Casa Mexicana Cozumel(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$77
Amigos Hostel Cozumel(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 07/27
Book now, pay at stay
US$24
Hotels.com
Coral Reef Inn(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$55
Free cancellation until 07/25
Book now, pay at stay
US$25
Baldwin's Guest House Cozumel(Cozumel)(Great Value!)
US$78
TripAdvisor
US$232
US$214
Cancelon
  • Pool
All reviewsthe penthouseboutique hotelroof terracesuperior roomquiet streethot waterferry dockscooter rentalplaya del carmensmall hotelsan miguelno elevatorthird floorair conditionerscuba divingivanbartender
Reviewed 26 July 2016

The location is nice and the staff was helpful.

The room we had for the first night was very humid and the aircondition was so old it was impossible to sleep without earplugs when it was on. We changed rooms and got one with a newer aircondition - this helped to eliminate the noise however the room was stil very humid - it was like the aircondition did not work properly. When you hung a dry shirt on the hangers it was almost wet the next morning from just being in the room.
The towels had a lot of stains on them and when we went to exchange them we were told that it was because of the dryer.. But then either buy new towels or get a new dryer because it is not nice to dry your face with a white towel that has brown stains all over ...

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a new aircondition - the old ones make a lot of noise
  • Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Camilla K
hotelflamingo, Owner at Flamingo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2016

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Flamingo. Humidity is a very common problem in this part of Mexico, especially in the summer months. We do all we can to reduce this by opening windows, turing on fans etc to keep air movement. We are in the process of replacing some of our older AC wall units with much quieter Mini Spit units which have the compressor outside and away from the room. We have solved the rust stain issues on the towels with two new washers that were ready to be replaced. The towels were clean, but had been stained from rust.

We hope you have a chance to stay with us again in the future so that you can see the many improvements.

Best Wishes

Reviewed 20 July 2016

The rooms look in person exactly as lovely as they do online, but the outdoor spaces are much grander. All rooms, on all three floors, face a courtyard, so that when you step out the door there is a shared balcony (3rd floor can see the water) which is clean and white and feels private (I never had to share the space with other travelers, and I was there five days). When you see the pictures that say "balcony outside the room" and you're wondering if your cheap room sucks and you don't have a balcony, you do! It is shared, but so worthwhile. AC works great, but if you dive in the morning you won't be hot enough to turn it on until late afternoon. At first we couldn't make it work, but someone came up and showed us how to use the remote. We also thought the safe was broken and took our passports to dinner the first night, but we figured out it was just temperamental. Housekeeping is exceptional (gracias Elizabeth). Breakfast downstairs is delicious, especially if you opt for the $3 upgrade. You can also go next door to the Maple Bakeshop and eat affordably, especially if you come down too late. Maple will also deliver to the Flamingo.
I came to dive and my friend came to sunbathe, which she was able to do free of charge at Playa Azul, a short ( <$100MXN) cab ride away, by mentioning that she was at the Flamingo. She was unfamiliar with the area, and Oscar made her feel comfortable by calling a cab whenever she wanted to go somewhere, and by making a note of where she had gone.

Our favorite thing was having a kitchen in the morning and a bar at night just downstairs. Ivan, who speaks English and Spanish fluently (and can get by in more) really does make the best margarita in the world. Ask to have it salted with tajin (and, if you like sweet, a little sugar). If you're not that kind of thirsty, try the limonada. It's like having your own living room where the most interesting people in the world come through and sit awhile.

I can't stress enough how comfortable I was here, how rich I felt to walk out on the gleaming white balcony and smell the ocean. The night we got back, sitting upstairs on my balcony in Houston, my friend asked "aren't you glad to be home?" I answered with a tear in my eye, "I just want to go downstairs and have someone make me a maragarita".
It's like that.

Room Tip: Rooms on 3rd floor see the ocean, but if you are challenged by stairs go for the first. I didn't see any bad rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2016, traveled with friends
hotelflamingo, Owner at Flamingo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2016

We are so pleased that your enjoyed your stay ! Yes, we do have ver nice large shared balconies but also have four rooms with private balconies as well. Also glad you were able to take advantage of our arrangment with Playa Azul for the beach club. We don have a rooftop sundeck as well and we will be making some improvements to it this fall.

Thanks again and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again at the Flamingo !

Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

My husband and stumbled across this great hotel on Booking. Wow! Super low prices, extremely friendly and helpful people. Couldn't ask for a better experience. We LOVE this hotel! If you are looking for quiet, locally owned, personal touches in your hotel, stay here. Clean, comfy beds, great AC.

Stayed: July 2016, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your comments. We look forward to serving you again in the future!

Best Regards

Reviewed 3 July 2016

Oscar checked us in upon arrival, he was very nice and helpful. Hotel had coffee in the morning that you can help yourself with. There was someone sitting at the bar one morning and he never said a word about offering breakfast. I initially thought he was a guest but turns out he was an employee. We went across the street for breakfast and had the most delicious breakfast both mornings.

Room Tip: Go across the street to El Amigo Abelardo for breakfast!!!
  • Stayed: June 2016, traveled as a couple

We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the Flamingo ! I think the person you saw at the bar was me ! I am sorry that you were not aware of breakfast as we tell people upon check in about our breakfast and we have a sign next to the coffee with menus telling people to serve themselves coffee and take a seat. We hope on your next visit you take the chance to have breafkast in our cafe !

Best Regards

Reviewed 17 June 2016

The last ferry to Cozumel leaves Playa Del Carmen at 11pm, and our flight was getting in to Cancun at 8:45pm. I was afraid that we wouldn't make it to the ferry in time, so before we left on our trip, I emailed the hotel and said we might not make it. The front desk responded warmly and quickly explaining how to take a bus or taxi from the airport, and said that we would almost definitely make it in time. Because it was the slow season, they said they would hold the room for us whether or not we showed up the first night, so I also booked a cheap room in Playa Del Carmen, just in case. On the map, it looked like the hotel might be pretty far from the ferry, so I thought that we would have to take a taxi since we were arriving so late, but the front desk assured us that it was a short walk, but that we could take a taxi if we wanted to. They were right. It was a five minute walk tops, and we definitely made the ferry with plenty of time to spare. Our stay was very nice, and the free breakfast was a perk that wasn't advertised on Priceline where we bought the hotel. The kitchen was also very kind, we often slept in late (breakfast is open til 10:30), and the kitchen was technically closed when I came down to see if I could still get coffee, but the wonderful woman working there said it was not a problem and made us breakfast. Every day we spent an extra $3 and upgraded to a real meal (the free breakfast is just a plate of fruit and toast). The coffee was delicious.

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled as a couple
Thomas F, Owner at Flamingo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2016

We are pleased that things worked out for you and you made the ferry ok. We understand the difficulties of arriving late into Cancun on the first night and try to be flexible. Glad you enjoyed the breakfast and it sounds like you interacted with Carolina who runs the kitchen!
We hope you have a chance to stay with us again in the future.

Best Wishes