“Absolutely irresponsible”
Review of Squalodivers

Squalodivers
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I booked two immersions with them, let me waiting at the entrance of the center for half an hour (the place was closed), never called me, when I call them they said they already left and that they were waiting for me at the center when they not... I never had such a negative experience with any other scuba center in my entire life. Without mention how rude they were when I complained about how unorganized and irresponsible they were.

Squalodivers, Director de Recepción at Squalodivers, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi, sorry you have that's experience. and "Yes" we left you and the main reason is cause we have to respect our costumers who were early and were on time waiting for us. the trip left on time.

We did waiting for you till 845 am when we ask you to be in the shop at 815am we waited till 15 before 9 am and the boat was living at that time we have 3 people who were there early and you can understand they also paid. We talk to you nicely but when you scream at the girls ... we just can't talk to you.. not reasonable talk will come out if you are screaming so yes .. we left you. cause we have respect for our costumers who got to the shop and the marina on time. and we have the phone call registered when you call 9:09 am

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"hotel pickup"
"an absolute"

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Thanks a lot for a great experience on cenotes. Only weather wasn't good but what can you do about it! :)

Reviewed February 20, 2018

I had an okay time. I chose them because they were close to my hotel and because they have a dive shop in Baja as well, and I wanted to test them out before I dive in Baja. The positives: They are very friendly and everybody speaks English. They also take solo divers, something that some other dives shops don't (they want at least 2 people etc).Now the things I didn't like, and why I didn't especially enjoy my experience: the price (they are more expensive than most other dive shops in Cancun), the price doesn't include gear, pitching/selling expensive add-ons (to Cozumel, caves or elsewhere), they also took photos of the dives and then asked at the end if I wanted to pay a hundred dollars for them and so on. Overall the dives were just okay, nothing extraordinary.

Squalodivers, Director de Recepción at Squalodivers, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2018

Hi Thank you very much for your visit. as you said the dives we offer have different prices. just like any other buisness cozumel dive trips from cancun include transportation, ferries, etc. Cavern diving are 1.5 hours from cancun, cenote entrance fees, transportation, Guides are specialized, etc. so as you can see we have other cost and this is about Options. we offer Options and we couldnt offer it without extra cost. as requested.. yes sorry we are a buisness and we offer quality of service, small groups. as you can see in most of the reviews. Thank you for your buisness we certanly apreciete it

Reviewed February 2, 2018

My friend and I completed our PADI Open Water Diver training with Squalo in January, 2018. I really can't imagine a better experience. Gabriella and Juan handled the classroom testing (we did the course work on-line) and Vincente lead us through the pool and open water dives. It was just the two of us, so the training was very individualized to our strengths and weakness. Gabriella and Juan explained thoroughly the items we missed on the exam and trained us in the use of the dive tables. Vincente was patient, kind and encouraging. All three of them have excellent English proficiency. Our open water dives were on a beautiful reef and the underwater museum. Don't let the in-town location put you off. It is a short cab ride from the hotel zone and we never once felt unsafe. In short, we received excellent training while having an awesome experience and would highly recommend them to anyone pursuing either PADI certification or a guide for diving in the Cancun area.