LQ Hotel by La Quinta Cancun
US$310
US$360
US$257
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$322/night.

US$593
US$399
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$448/night.

Moon Palace Cancun(Cancun)
US$618
US$491
US$209
US$218
US$155
US$150
All reviewshotel zonewaffle makerbreakfast was includedunderground parkingjose manuelchilaquilesplaza las americasthe hotel is cleanfine hotelstayed here for one nightconvenient storewalking distancebusiness tripado bus stationyogurtzona hoteleraice machine
Reviewed 31 March 2018

I recently add to stay 18 days, in LQ hotel Cancun, because of a surgery I add in Cancun and wast able to flight back home before. The personnel of the hotel where very welcoming helpful and very gentle with me, even my room cleaner name Luci, was so nice she went over and beyond her duty to make sure I was ok and took great care of me and my needs as I was in bed 2 weeks sharp.

Room Tip: best personnel
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo
Fernando P, General Manager at LQ Hotel by La Quinta Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to share your experience here with us I have shared your comments with the team, and they are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your time with us, we hope to see you soon!!

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Pros / Bueno:
- Good location, there are a number of restaurants in walking distance, as well as an ATM and an OXXO convenience store next door.
- I found this area of Cancun to be fairly pedestrian friendly, even if you cross larger roads like Tulum without a crosswalk.
- Very clean, updated, and fairly large room with all the basics you expect in a hotel
- They provide a vinyl/rubber bathmat for the shower, which I very much appreciated. The tile in the shower was above average so you may not bother with the mat.
- Elevator was quick enough to be convenient, I mention this because some hotel elevators are frustratingly slow.
- WiFi works great, and consistently, in my room and in the dining area on the 1st floor
- Breakfast buffet was simple but nice: fruit, cereal, fried eggs, breads/pastries, make your own Belgian waffles, etc.
- Important for Americans to know: you can flush toilet paper. This is not the case in many places in Mexico, TP can clog the toilets and the sewage system so they don't allow flushing of TP. Having said that, it never hurts to bring a travel bidet when you go abroad.

Cons / Malo:
- Noise - The walls are thin so I could hear talking and 'other' things I didn't need to hear from the room next door. Fortunately my neighbors 'other' activities didn't last long at all. That could be problematic for families with young kids. Same for loud people walking down the hallway or using the ice machine. So bring earplugs.
- The fridge in my room was not working, so I couldn't keep any cold drinks. I checked the power and everything was connected properly, it just wouldn't work.
- The breakfast buffet ended by 10am, which I consider a little early, but I am a late-riser. When I went downstairs at 9:57am they were already removing food, and they certainly didn't care if us stragglers wanted the thing they were carrying back to the kitchen. So make sure you go early enough to get what you want.

Overall it is a nice hotel and I got a good deal via TripAdvisor. Plus the other hotel I stayed in my first few days in Mexico was underwhelming, so in contrast LQ was more than worthwhile.

Room Tip: Bring earplugs
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo
1  Thank Travis T

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay I'm sorry that not everything about your stay was satisfactory,
I will take this opportunity to review procedures with the team, our goal is 100% satisfaction, we hope next time we can surprise you!!

Reviewed 12 March 2018

Just to be clear, this is not a resort hotel, and it’s nowhere near the resorts in Cancun. This is a hotel for business or those getting ready to venture into the interior who just need a base of operations before leaving. Since we were using it as a first night before an extensive drive to many Mayan sites, and a last night before flying home, it was convenient. It was also relatively close to a big Walmart so we could load up with water and other supplies.

The room rates are on par with Cancun, higher than locations outside the resort towns. The rooms are large. The first night the air was not working properly so the room was stuffy until the temperatures at night cooled down. The last night the air worked just fine. Breakfast was very good with a lot of hot and cold variety. The front desk staff was helpful and spoke English. There’s a big underground parking garage that’s shared with residential parking, so it’s important not to park in the roped-off spaces reserved for residents. There are not many restaurants in the immediate area, but just south and around the corner a couple of blocks are a number of restaurants and sports bars that serve food.

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

I've stayed here 4 times close to alot of things very good breakfast very friendly staff all with a smile highly recommended our housekeeper faty was super nice friendly top notch job thanks la quinta inn an a special thanks to faty great job..

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2018

I stayed at the LQ Hotel a couple weeks ago. . I went to Cancun to have some cosmetic surgery and I needed to stay close to the hospital. So LQ was the hotel they suggested. My stay there was fantastic. Everyone was sooooo kind to me. Especially David in room service. What a good person. The people at the front desk were really helpful too. It was clean and convenient. The food was really good. The included breakfast was nice. It was also really close to a very nice mall and the little restaurants on the same street were really good. The restaurant next door has the BEST coffee. All in all it was really wonderful. Thank You!

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled solo