JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa
galahotels.com
US$397
TripAdvisor
4,760 results
All reviewssedona grillcasa magnabeachwalk restaurantclub staffindoor poolbreakfast buffetplatinum memberthe ritzclub levelbeautiful propertyper daylounge chairshotel zonepoolside servicepool staffocean viewturn down service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is an excellent property. Very beautiful and very clean. It is located across from some of the finer restaurants in Cancun; if you would like to walk off property for dinner (very safe). The pool area is gorgeous and the beach is wonderful. The staff is absolutely some of the best especially the pool/beach servers, housekeeping, and service in shops/restaurants. The reason we did not give this property a five rating was Club 91. Are experiences were not positive.

"Must Knows":
Hotel is under renovations until 2019 but very accommodating
Pool(s) are wonderful
Beach is great with plenty of chairs
Excellent pool/beachside service (the best)
Spa is excellent (full service. Note: to use Sauna you must pay Spa fee)
Gym is nice (at peak season it is small)
Food on property is above average
Must dine at gustino (Business Dress) food is wonderful and great atmosphere
Very nice buffet at sendona grill for the family (Bfast/lunch)
Walking distance to finer rest: Porfrio's, Harry's Steak & Seafood, Tempo by Martin Berasategu.

Negatives:
Four Elevators - Yes, four! You wait a lot for an elevator at peak season.
Gym is free - to use wet or dry sauna you pay Spa fee.
Club 91 - this is a high end concierge club costing $125.00 per adult and up to $100.00 per child. You receive discount off usage to the Spa area and discount on overall property purchases. We were impressed with food and chefs but service staff was indifferent at the club.

Mixed messages; the first day we were told they would bring us our beer while having lunch. The next day we waited for over 30mins; walking to the bar area, waiting another 5 to 10 mins while the staff was in the other room -- finally a staff member asked if I needed anything? I asked for a beer for my wife and I and she acted very "put out" and said to get it out of the small refrigerator. I explained that was not what I was told yesterday.

The next day, we had to literally beg for a beer while at lunch, and when the server asked why I had not gotten it out of the refrigerator I explained that there were no beers in the frig. These examples are very similar to my wife experiences while visiting the club. By the third day, I felt like I was begging for service in a high-end concierge club. The service pool/beach side was amazing in Club 91, I was begging.

We ended up canceling our last two days because of poor service. If fact one of the servers basically ignored my 10 year old son as he was sitting at a table while my wife was at the food bar and I was off begging for a beer, she seated another family. Yes. some people on this blog say positive comments about club 91. I travel extensively, this was not a positive experience.

Lastly, Gratuities - we alway tip $3-5.00 US for service from concierge, bellman to housekeeping. The staff was most appreciated and yes, we even left gratuties in Club 91 and still had poor service.

I would advise arranging transportation from the airport to the JW via the concierge. Please note when arriving – the JW “pick up” crew is at the far end of service row pick up. Hard to find, best advice keep walking straight and you will walk into them.

Room Tip: request upon arrival
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
4  Thank Phil M
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Paradise setting, every single person affliated with the JW Marriott was OUTSTANDING, and efficient and friendly and made our relaxing trip a sheer pleasure and joy. Pool attendants were so fun, and readily available, but not pushy in anyway, and we enjoyed conversing with them. They knew the art of timing and were quick and easy to engage. Grounds and pool were impeccably clean. Adult area was well-done and much appreciated. Appreciated that families had a separate area where kids could be kids. But, not too much of this happening in this highly rated hotel. So glad it was not dominated by rowdy behavior and unruly,unmonitored kids. Not designed for that- Much appreciated again. Beach chairs were plentiful, and sand was soft and much rebuilt since we were here 10 years ago. Rooms were very nice, and housekeeping and room service was so so good, and check-in and out was a pleasure, too. We highly enjoyed our experience and left with warm, happy, hearts and memories,,,and a little tan, too. Thank you, JW Marriott!! Keep up the excellent efforts and goodness of employing wonderful people who clearly love their job and the environment, and demonstrated their commitment to the hotel, too. It showed immensely. Stellar!!

Stayed: March 2018
2  Thank cancunvisitor
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Our 5th time staying at the JW Marriot once again providing the best accommodations in Cancun. The pool chairs are very comfortable and the pool and beach service is always available and eager to attend to any of your needs. The breakfast buffet is excellent, along with the Thai restaurant (Sasi) and the lounge entertainment is excellent. The hotel is in the process of renovating their rooms, changing over from carpet to wood floors with a more modern style, all of the rooms are expected to be completed by the end of the year. This year, we were concerned about the increasing reports of random crimes in Cancun and PDC, but after spending 5 days in Cancun, we did not experience any questionable situations or moments of concern within or outside the Resort. After speaking the many locals, they have a much different view on the situation than the media portrays and our experience suggested Cancun is still a safe and relaxing destination for those who use common sense as you would in the US.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank jeff b
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went there for spring break. It is a very nice property. Was unable to get a cabana they jacked up the price to $300/day instead of $150. and had to wait in line at 6:30 am just to get towels for chairs. They don't pass them out until 7 am. Not sure what that's about. Once you get passed a few helicopter moms and hostile dads gets ok. The scuba driving lessons were great! Very kid friendly.

Room Tip: Got ocean view room. Great view of beach.
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Alvin K
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great hotel everybody’s friendly there’s not one person that works here that won’t help you. Service is great,rooms are great ,pools are great beaches great. Can’t wait to come again. The infinity pool is my favorite

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brit831
MarriottCancun, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Cancun Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Brit831,

Thank you for sharing your pictures with us. I am truly delighted to see that you enjoyed the friendliness and attentiveness the staff has provided you as well as the facilities of the hotel.

We are all on standby to welcome you back!

Sincerely