Aquamarina Beach Hotel
US$452
US$360
US$257
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$305/night.

US$414
US$165
US$155
US$150
Hotels.com
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed 23 May 2016

Located at the beach and amid the hotel zone, this hotel needs some maintenance and the staff some customer relations seminars. Rooms are clean, spacious with the average quality and variety. Don't expect nothing more than an average restaurant food and in general, the price is right for such quality.

Room Tip: My pool side room at the 4th. floor was quiet with a nice view
  • Stayed: May 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2016

Arrived yesterday hotel is a little dated but very clean,staff are all lovely and friendly the foods great lots of choice. We asked to change room as the first one had a kitchen which we wouldn't use and the decor was a bit grotty they moved us with no problem next rooms lovely great sea view. After reading the reviews before I came I was a bit worried but as a cheap holiday I can't fault the aquamarina up to now.

Room Tip: If you are not happy with your room ask politely if you can change I don't think it is fully booked.
  • Stayed: April 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Angela K
Reviewed 26 April 2016 via mobile

I went to Cancun with a friend last February due to a wedding of a common friend we had there. because we decided to go last minute, all the resorts were too expensive at the time. Aquamarina was one of the cheapest and close to the weddings church. It was a great decision, though I would have liked to stayed near the bars area (which I would recommend). We got only the room, which was good because the food of the hotel is really bad, we ate everyday, using cupons of the hotel, in the coco bongo area. The hotel is simple but all the hotels in cancun are bigger than the big hotel in others cities I've been. So it's pretty cool. They don't charge for internet, great bonus, and they have activities like kayak, games, e sports going on. Recommend for those who want to have fun in the bars and go to the tours, as we did, and does not plan to stay too much in the hotel.

Stayed: February 2016, traveled with friends
1  Thank Alice D
Reviewed 26 April 2016 via mobile

My group of 5 ladies went to Cancun to celebrate a 50tth b day .Hotel was old , moldy and in an unsafe location . Front desk were friendly . But the other 95% of the staff often snubbed or ignored my group . This hotel had 90% Hispanic guests from all over Mexico . I felt this hotel catered to them and we didn't fe welcome there. Food was horrendous ALL Mecixan cuisine , we we expected that as an option but not our ONLY one . There is a snack bar at the pool open only 11-6 everyday . It served fried chicken wings and fries which we are everyday for lunch since it was our Only other option. Quality of liquor was equally disappointing. No top shelf / premium licquor . They had a bottle of Absolute ( I'm a Greygoose vodka drinker ) which is not top shelf to me but better than the low end brands of vodka they offered . Was only available for a fee. Was NOT included in our ALL INCUSIVE! After 2 days ( we were there for 6 days) of this we caught the bus and hesded to downtown . This is not what we had intended to do on this trip . We wanted to relax ,eat and drink at our resort . But due to the terrible , limited food options and KIDS EVERYWHERE! We left to find places to eat for dinner the last 4 days of our bday vacation . The beach front was bad. Hard sand rocky , sea weedy beach with dark murky water. 3 docks for boats and excursion ports so not a pretty sight or place to soak up sun . Not to mention the locals pedaling there wares . Every 10 minutes it felt like we would be sittijg and drinking and get interupted .no security to stop this . We all got massages and 1 in our group got her necklace and bracelet removed during it w/o her knowledge. She realized as she was paying confronted him and he produced the necklace but denied taking the bracelet . The rooms all faces he ocean but all of our doors face the street . Not fence and a delapitated , boarded up closed resort is right across the street which we saw lots of men walking thru . I'm sure it's a shortcut but a scary sight when we walk back from the corner from bus outing . Kids at the bar in hotel and at swim up bar at 1 of the 2 pools. Mold in shower and on our patio curtain . Hotel safes were broken . 4 out of the 5 of my group was our first trip to Cancun and had hoped for a classier , relaxing trip for my friends b day. . I honestly don't recommend this resort as a vacation destination .

Stayed: April 2016, traveled with friends
2  Thank Monique H
Reviewed 21 April 2016

Stayed here based off the websites pictures. Looks nice and it's clean but nothing like what I was expecting at all. The rooms are very small, full size beds and not comfortable at all, bathrooms aren't even big enough for a little kid. IF you want to watch TV at night after a long day perse, good luck in getting a English speaking channel. The food is of mexican cuisine and it was just ok. Nothing to rave about at all. I ate a lot of fruit most of the time. They have only two restaurants and little snack bar on the property. One nice size pool and then a swim up bar pool. Then there's a little kids pool. The drinks are watered down and they just splash a little alcohol in the cups. The staff speak very little English and I mean very little. You have to use an app on your phone to communicate with them. One small boat on a little doc beach side of the hotel. I was there for 6 days and only heard one band. Beach volleyball is the highlight of activities. I was very disappointed in my stay at this facility. Most of the staff aren't very friendly and don't smile. No emotion at all. It's like they could care less if your there or not. It's a very old hotel so nothing is updated at all. Would I stay at this hotel again??? Absolutely not. I don't usually rate places badly but if it's warranted, then it is and this place is low budget. The only positive thing I can say is that they keep the property clean but that's it. Would I recommend anyone stay here? No.

Recommendations: Update the establishment with more modernized furnishings. Have a better buffet menu that can accommodate all kinds of nationalities. Friendlier staff. Have a person that is very fluent in English that can communicate with people not from Mexico. Have more activities that are on the grounds. Visit other hotels and see what's the new trend and stay up to date.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms at this hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2016, traveled with friends