6,148 results
All reviews washer and dryer duna sports bar studio villa la isla mall fun team infinity pool starwood owners heavenly spa full kitchen steak night mall across the street heavenly bed personal concierge outdoor mall pool concierge swim up bar time share
Reviewed 1 November 2015

We arrived on October 18th and easily found our arranged transport to the hotel thanks to the concierge's instructions (Alicia Gonzalez). Wonderful accommodations. One excellent buffet dinner onsite when a torrential downpour kept us on hotel grounds. I am big on swimming and the pools are fantastic. Was able to get serious lap workouts in every morning. Also the view from the pool to the sea is spectacular. Beach also is nice though the currents were very strong most the week I was there. Alicia helped us settle on three excursions to Mayan ruins. She had some great ideas. Bus is right outside the door and ferry to Isla Mujeres is just a short ride away. All in all a good stay. Oh and a nice gym at the hotel also

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled as a couple
WLMManagement, Manager at The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa, Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2015

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your amazing review, we are thrilled to know you enjoyed our facilities and spectacular infinity pools! It will be an honor to welcome you back near future!

Reviewed 1 November 2015

This place is awesome. The grounds are beautiful and the rooms are great and extremely clean. Hats off Miguel who works down by the pool, great service and very attentive. In addition Matthew our guest host was a joy and super knowledgable of the resort and area. The reason for no 5 star review would be the food. Day 1, we ordered fried fish tacos. When the order came out it had the appearance of fish sticks on a corn tortilla. Nothing else. No cabbage, no salsa, no guac. Ask to speak with manager as we thought something must have been left off the plate. The manager, Abraham was not good at all. A sign of a poor manager is one who blames others and does not address this issue. He immediately stated it is the chef's decision and he can't do anything about it. We did not want free food, we wanted something that was appealing to the eyes and the pallet which this was neither. It made our decision easy to go across to the mall for our food the rest of the stay which was a little of a hassle but it is what Abraham wanted. My only issue is that training needs to happen with Abraham so that he understands what customer service and being a manager is all about. This aside, we still thought the place was perfect for a vacation and something you should give a try.

Room Tip: All rooms are great above 2nd floor
4  Thank johnmullaney

Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for posting your review, and we are really sorry to hear the food didn’t meet your expectations. We always care about our valued guests and read carefully every comment to follow up with the proper department. Thank you; we would love the opportunity to welcome you back near future to experience the enhancements.

Reviewed 31 October 2015

Second time staying at this resort. Great location in Cancun. Nice rooms, great pool area. Nice beach. Good service. Close to good restaurants and across from the mall. There is September so not very crowded and a bit of rain each day.
I would go again!

• Stayed: September 2015, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments, for choosing Westin Lagunamar the second time! And for your loyalty. We would love to host you again soon.

Reviewed 31 October 2015 via mobile

Currently having a terrible time here. The staff here have been nothing but unhelpful and wasting my time. The Internet is also so bad that I'm using my phone data to write this post. Save yourself the nightmare and headache, stay somewhere else.

I've been here for barely 12 hours. My airport shuttle pick up was not ready when they said it would be and it took too much time before we even arrived to the property.

Upon arrival, there was problems with checking in and that took over an hour to resolve (they said we booked an extra room) after a LONG flight and we were all very vocal about how tired and hungry we were. This was very poorly handled as they should have just checked us into the two rooms and resolve it while we were eating instead of making us wait around in the lobby. At least even offer is a drink of water or something! It was 5:30pm and our rooms were not ready at the promised 4pm time. The hotel also could not assist in helping us cancel the 3rd extra room even though I booked directly through SPG.

We tried to book snorkeling tours for the next day. The concierge told us he couldn't do so and we needed to come down at 7am the next morning. so we all decided to go to bed early instead of going out as planned. Got up early at 6:30 to be there promptly at 7am as instructed. Then I'm told they can't help me and I need to go across the property to another person at 8am who can book for me. when I asked why she couldn't, she said because she didn't have the "info packet" and couldn't offer us "deals." This is starting to sound like time-share bait. I ask again why I had to go to the other area and they sputter some stuff about time-share property. It is now 7:45am and I am hating my vacation.

Happy Halloween Westin Lagunamar, staying here is a nightmare and frightening!!!

Stayed: October 2015, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Elizabeth T

Dear Guest,

In behalf of the Staff and Management of The Westin Lagunamar, we would like to thank you for posting a review about your recent stay with us. Your feedback is very important to us and we appreciate it. We want to apologize for the concerns that arose during the your stay with some associates at the concierge clerk, which is not the indicative service of our Westin Brand and also, would like to invite you to contact us at: lagunamaroceanresort@westin.com for upcoming visits.

Reviewed 30 October 2015

As a Starwood Elite owner we chose to visit this properties in the portfolio and book a 1 bedroom villa. We arranged the transportation with the Westin Elite Concierge prior to arriving to Cancun and were pleased to be met at the Airport by the rep.

But the "Resort" was nothing more than a hotel with a pool, two restaurants, and a beach. We went to the front desk several times during our 8 day stay and no one could ever locate a copy of the activities for the day.,

They also do not provide a shuttle for groceries or any other activities. You are provided a map and told you can take the bus or get a taxi. This is unlike any other Starwood properties.

The only reason I gave it three stars was because the villa was very well done and we did have a nice view of the beach.

• Stayed: October 2015, traveled as a couple
WLMManagement, Manager at The Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort Villas & Spa, Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2015

Dear Guest:

Thank you for posting your comments about your recent stay, we are sorry for not meeting your total expectations, We hope you can give us the opportunity to welcome you again.

Best Regards,