Exe Suites San Marino
US$66
US$330
US$290
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbig citycentral locationlocation is greattop floorangelrates
Reviewed 24 June 2017

Upon arrival , at night, the receptionist informed me that they have no rooms available - even though I had prepaid, confirmed reservation for that night!! I was transferred to a different hotel in another area, with neglected premises, dirty hallways, and dirty bathroom and only transferred back to this hotel in the morning, after the first night (out of three). I reserved the hotel because of its location but of course the coerced transfer was breaking that advantage out.
When I checked in to the room, the room is very basic. The facilities are old and some broken. The staff does not speak English at all. Horrible experience.,

Room Tip: Stay away this is a hotel run by fraudlent management!
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed 27 March 2017 via mobile

I stayed over the weekend and i got the room i requested, a top floor 2 bed bedroom was happy about it, was able to check in a litle early and the room was clean and the bathroom too. Nice a/c and comfy beds. It still a little noisy on the 10th floor with ambulance and cops going by but its ok...its a big city with alot going on.
Pretty happy with the service and help from the stuff. Very good for the money, very affordable.

Stayed: March 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank Harold Q
Reviewed 14 March 2017

The building is not well maintained, my bathroom flooded while I was showering, the sewage came out the floor. I presented the case, which was ignored 2 until I had enough as the sewage came out again for the second time and I left the water there in he unit and I asked for a new room as i was rushing to work, I came back to the same situation. Very frustrated. the whole building needs serious renovation as the price attracts 'those' clients you dont what to share the elevator with I am referring to unfriendly trashy clients who are either not able to speak english and WILL CLOSE the elevator door on your face even when you are trying to get in the elevator, I saw it with my own eyes! I even hold the door for people with children, bags...not try to close it and amor make comments. The gym is gross, dont even try it...it is so hot down in that cave of a gym, I almost passed out and I felt ridiculous trying to using it.

The rooms are gross, outdated and just need to be totally renovated, there is no lamps, the floor is coming out, I mean... the closets old, the whole room was patched up with little jobs to make it look 'ok'. I was asked my my employer to stay here ....otherwise I would never even consider it. The photos online are misleading, they look ok, believe me the rooms are not.

The service was overall good, some reception staff are indifferent to the issues being presented to them, 'so you think you are here to do your job but inside you feel you have nothing to do with this' then they get defensive as they are unable to fix the problems, I was lucky I got one employee who had the guts to called her manager and tell him as it is, regarding the sewage issue in the room, ' rooms are supposed to be ready before booking', in any operational process readiness is key for the business to succeed. The restaurant below is AMAZING! though, I had to admit that I was not sure first, I have a discriminatory taste for food, and have to sat that food for very fresh and well prepared, the service also is great, they loved me :) and I tipped them good, as I came for late dinner after work and they took me no problem all the time.

I would not go back to San Marino, unfortunately. They are located in a great intersection very close to Reforma and to the Angel, the billboards and buildings partially cover the Angel, so your glorious city views will not be fully glorious. but the issues I experienced are beyond the level of acceptance, and this part is the worst: I paid them upfront for each day I stayed there. NEVER again!.

This is it: Stay in a horror hotel but you will be looking at the Glorious Sheraton from your window, have a good meal downstairs, and access to pubs, bars, restaurants very close by on the other side of Reforma passed the Angel.

Room Tip: Ask for view to Reforma and from the highest floor ....views the the rest of the city are not great.
  • Stayed: January 2017, traveled on business
Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

I had a very bad experience in this hotel, all the place is dirty, since you arrive the lobby is stinky, the rooms are old some of those has a very very dirty carpet, i had to ask for a room change twice, all the common areas are careless, one night when we arrived one of the elevetor had a disgusting "human thing" on the floor and nobody tried to clean, actually the receptionist let us go into the elevator and just when we went out almost screaming he told us "im sorry, other guest did it". We had a really really bad experience, i will never come back to this hotel.

Stayed: December 2016, traveled on business
Reviewed 23 November 2016

Exe San Marino is ideally located a block away from the Angel rotunda and a few blocks from the Zona Rosa. While the suites (at least the one I was staying in) could manage a bit of deco uprgrading, they are spacious with comfortable beds, mini kitchen and great service. Because of its proximity to Paseo de la Reforma and the Andel de la Independencia, the traffic is traffic but after 8:30-9:00 pm it calls down. The hotel has a small gym that will allow to do a maintenance workout and a business centre. I should mention that the breakfast buffet at El Mexicano next door is a feast on its own.

• Stayed: November 2016, traveled solo