Las Alcobas
US$138
US$330
US$290
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdulce patriaboutique hotelmini barthe general managerpolanco neighborhoodhigh end shopshead conciergewelcome drinkcorner roomrain showermexican breakfastcomfortable bedlovely roomrestaurant reservationswonderful staythe penthousegreat shower
Reviewed 14 May 2017

My husband and I recently celebrated our wedding anniversary in Mexico City. We have been many times, but this experience was over the top. Not only because it was a special occasion, but because we chose to stay at Las Alcobas. Everything was perfection...it started from the moment we first reached out to GM Michael Chiche to secure our room. His attention to us and to our wishes was unparalleled. Because he was not going to be in Mexico City personally during our stay, he connected us with Aaron Caballero, his extraordinary concierge, who handled all our sightseeing and restaurant reservations artfully, including many last minute changes. And he did it all with grace and a smile. And special thanks to Ruben, who checked us in, and then checked on our every need during our stay. The staff are professional, warm, attentive and exceptional. Thank you Ruben, Aaron, Michael and Samuel for making it such a special, pampered visit. We will be back very soon!

Room Tip: "Bright rooms with views of Masaryk are fabulous."
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lac215
LasAlcobasDF, General Manager at Las Alcobas, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2017

Dear "lac215",

Thank you very much for your very kind review and for mentioning our associates' names, there is nothing that can make us feel happier!

I am sorry I could not be in the hotel during your stay but I am so glad my team took very good care of you during your wedding anniversary!

I look forward to greeting you personally during your next stay at Las Alcobas, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Mexico City,

With warm regards,

Michael Chiche

Reviewed 11 May 2017

I just want to extend my gratitude to Las Alcobas for the impeccable stay both my partner & I had. I don't think i've ever stayed anywhere in the world where the detail was so impeccable, impressive, attentive...I could go on. I would almost consider it as a "phantom" service, all of the action behind the scenes my partner and I didn't see....but the end result of everything the team did for us was just exceptional.

I also want to really recognize Octavio and his team for their on-going efforts of our reservations, appointments, requests...you name it, they did it!

I don't think I can put into words how special I felt during my stay with you all. It was the smallest of details that made a difference (the signature bath tub amenities, Mexican soaps, welcome drink...heated slippers post spa treatments...)

Saludos y mille gracias chicos! Q padre experiencia.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Masaryk! Room #44 is perfect.
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank michellerose27
LasAlcobasDF, Guest Relations Manager at Las Alcobas, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2017

Dear "michellerose27",

Thank you so much for your lovely review and very kind words.

Your comments make us feel very proud and encourage us to continue towrd the same direction.

We are fortunate to have such a great team, all very devoted to make all our guests' stays a memorable experience!

We look forward to welcoming you again soon to Las Alcobas, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Mexico City.

Warm regards

Reviewed 27 April 2017

If you are wanting 5 star accommodations in the Polanco neighborhood in Mexico City, Las Alcobas is the perfect place. It has an excellent breakfast that is included. The rooms are extremely quiet and comfortable. The only thing missing is a rooftop pool.

Room Tip: Beautiful hotel. We had room 64 and it was extremely quiet and comfortable.
  • Stayed: April 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank WWDWD1
LasAlcobasDF, Guest Relations Manager at Las Alcobas, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2017

Dear "WWDWD1",

Thank you for the lovely review!

We are feeling very proud and your comments encourage us to continue our efforts to make sure our guests are having the best experiences.

We look forward to welcoming you again very soon at Las Alcobas, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Mexico City.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 25 April 2017 via mobile

Excellent hotel, everything exceptional... from the room layout to the relaxing multi-head shower & fab whirlpool tub... great neighborhood location, walking distance to cool bars & restaurants!!
Aaron & Leo were great help at the concierge desk, as was all the staff at the hotel. Breakfast was good, with nice options & fresh juice & bread/pastries!!
Definitely plan to stay at Las Alcobas for next MCity trip!!

Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear "TJL280",

Thank you very much for your very kind comments and for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

It is true, our bathroom facilities offer a great relaxation with best hydrotherapy.

Thank you for mentioning our delicious Las Alcobas Breakfast at Anatol.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon at Las Alcobas, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Mexico City,

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

Definitely not the number 1 hotel in Mexico as claimed
The good
Very friendly. Nicely decorated and perfect central location
The bad
Main restaurant closed for Easter week. What first class hotel would do that. Rooms very small, couldn't swing a cat in the "upgraded" room. Airport transfer didn't show up on time ( may be on vacation with the restaurant staff?)
The ugly
Purchased multiple "hotel exclusive tours". Guide was excellent but hotel failed to mention that "tickets are not included". Showed up up at Frida museum on Easter Saturday to find a huge 3 hour line and the museum sold out for the day. Hotel promises a refund but did not deduct it from the bill. Who would book a tour a month in advance and not expect entry tickets to be included?
Overall
Very nice hotel with excellent location in nice neighborhood but lacking the quality of a real first class hotel
Next year will seek a better option

Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank tazsox
LasAlcobasDF, General Manager at Las Alcobas, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2017

Dear hotel guest "tazsox",

First of all thank you for your feedback... and accept our apologies for not being able to arrange the tours you took the precaution to book so many days in advance.

I will investigate personally with my team what happened. I know they adjusted 3 hours on one tour you took.. but I understand your frustration.
I can promise you my concierge team is always making all their best to make any guest experience very enjoyable and I am sorry to see we failed with you.

Hopefully you will give us another opportunity and if you do, we will make sure to deliver all the satisfaction you deserve and expect.

Michael Chiche