Hotel Real Maestranza(Guadalajara)(Great Value!)
US$72
  • Restaurant
US$114
US$93
  • Restaurant
La Mansion del Sol(Guadalajara)
US$71
US$79
US$72
Priceline
US$47
Hostel Guadalajara Hospedarte(Guadalajara)(Great Value!)
US$33
US$19
  • Breakfast included
1,085 results
All reviewsbreakfast buffet isgreat hotelbusiness triproom servicebusiness or pleasurehotel is modernrooms are largehotel barsteam roommini barbusiness hotelhigh floorchecking incentral locationenjoyed my staychardonnaylobby
Reviewed 6 July 2018

Fantastic hotel! The view is incredible, buffet is excellent with endless amount of fresh guacamole, and it is impeccably clean. Great pool, bar, and gym. Highly recommend you stay whether you are in Guadalajara for business or pleasure.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 3 July 2018

Stayed there about two years ago and it was a magnificent experience so wanted to go back to the RIU for a return business trip. I was somewhat disappointed this time around. The first room they put me in had a stain in the carpet which I did not noticed since I had been traveling all day and arrived quite tired at midnight. The next day I brought that up with reception and they assured me it would be taken care of. That did not happen so, again I had to remind them that 5 star hotels do not put guests in soiled rooms. I arrived on a Sunday and the problem was solved by moving into another room on Wednesday......not good for a 5 star property. Also noticed that the stainless steel walls of elevators are soiled as well rather than shinny like two years ago. Staff is still very pleasant but so is everybody in Mexico. I may stay back at RIU but my recent experience will certainly motivate me to explore some other high quality options

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed 18 June 2018

I have been spending several Weeks and Months in Guadalajara and each time I come over, I try to stay in the Riu.
Of course, the rooms are very nice, and rather large; of course the staff is friendly and welcome you warmly;
but what I really enjoy each time I stay is the incredible breakfast.

What ever you want or need, you 'll get it. This is definitively one of the best breakfast in the world.

Room Tip: Just take enough time to enjoy the gorgeous breakfast
  • Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2018

I have been traveling to Gualajara for over 2 years, and I have stay at the RIU for over 100 nights during this time, so I have became a Diamont Member. Riu it's a very good option to stay, rooms are nice and quit, the hotel have a very nice view of the city specially if you are in one of the higest floors since this is a 40 floors hotel. The restaurant it's good, but it doesn't have a lot of options ..... the price of the restaurant it's expensive, but according with other places that are in the same range.

There is an option name it crown level. Where you have access to an area that it's behind the reception. In this area you have beer, sodas, water, red wine and some appetizers and deserts. Options here are limited, but good enough to have a few minutes after work to sit and relax for a few minutes.

There are two opportunities that this hotel have;
1) The airconditioner usually have a dirty filter. So the room feels warm and you need to call the front desk so they send a maintenance person to clean it.
2) The morning buffet it's losing options; they use to have "queso de cabra" now is gone, they used to have "jamon serrano" now it's gone. .... a lot of the options have been take away in the last two years. I do have the perception that they tray to cut expenses, but at the same time the morning buffet it's losing attraction. Today the buffet it's not bad, but it's very expensive for what it's being offer.

Room Tip: buscar habitaciones de pisos superiores. Aunque estas son más caras, pero le mobiliario esta en mejores condiciones y la vista es mejor
  • Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank Manuel M
Reviewed 28 May 2018

We arrive to the Hotel by the correct check-in time, after confirming paying we were advice that the Pool area (our favorite) was going to be close Saturday due to an event they were having.
We tried to complaint but they show careless to our situation.
After letting us know that no reimbursement was possible, we decide to take advantage of the day we were and we headed to the pool.
Well... after some time, the service was finished and we were advised that the pool was closing early because the Hotel needed to start preparation for the event the following day.
I cannot add any more comments due to their lack of service, we have stayed before at the hotel and we ended paying extra this time (for no reason it was more than usual). We received no service and ended having dinner outside of the Hotel.
PLEASE BE ADVICE OF THIS IF YOU TRY TO RESERVE TIME AT THE HOTEL, IF THEY HAVE AN EVENT, THE SERVICE GOES TO NONE.

Room Tip: The higher the better
  • Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Terry H
RiuHotelsandResorts, Online Reputation Manager at Hotel Riu Plaza Guadalajara, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel once again for your holiday and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

It is disappointing to learn that this time the services offered by our hotel did not fulfil your expectations, and therefore, we kindly encourage you to contact your travel agency or our Customer Service Department only in case of direct booking via crm@riu.com for further assistance since we have not been able to track your case with the information provided.

We really hope you will give us a second chance to redeem ourselves and to demonstrate the high standards of guest service and quality that are typical at our resorts.

With our best wishes we remain,

Hotel Riu Plaza Guadalajara