All reviewsboutique hoteldessert barbig housetranquil gardenupscale areaour room was spaciousnice neighborhoodbustling citysmall hotelchilaquilesfresh fruitwalking distancecoffee makerthree nightshummingbirdssalvadorraul
Reviewed 10 June 2018

This might not be the fanciest of most expensive place that I have ever stayed in, but it is among the NICEST. The decor is beautiful, the staff or welcoming and extraordinarily helpful, we have a fabulous room, they are pet friendly, so my darling chihuahua totally welcome, a delightful breakfast is included, the common spaces are to die for, and they even have three computers available for guest use in a really nice library. I want to recommend this place wholeheartedly. If you find yourself in Guadalajara, do yourself a huge favor and stay here. I cannot more sincerely and without reservation urge you to check into this gem of a little hotel. And it is around $50 per night. An absolute wonderful value! My sweet husbandand I are here for another week, and we are just thrilled to bits with this place!

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CharityThomas
LaMansiondelSol, Director de Relaciones Públicas at La Mansion del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Dear Thomas:Thank you so much for your kind review from your experience at La Mansion Del Sol Hotel, We are so thankful to read such kind words describing our facilities, amenities, and staff.
Hope to see you back very soon

Reviewed 11 May 2018

This is a review of another stay at this wonderful place. I am reminded again how this hotel is like staying at a friend's beautiful mansion. The people who are here remind us that this is our place, they get us settled in the room, take us down to the outdoor terrace and garden, and are nearby to make sure we are content.
The restaurant is excellent traditional Mexican food as well.
If you would like to stay at a mansion where your presence and comfort are the object of attention, this is a place that for a second time reminds me of the unique difference that this attitude imparts. They are glad to be folks that serve you and your comfort. The greatness here is the selfless invitation to be served as a member of the hotel family for a night. Thanks, Jesus and Gustavo! We will be back.

Room Tip: Ask for room 21 if you are a couple, very romantic
  • Stayed: May 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank algologist
LaMansiondelSol, Director de Relaciones Públicas at La Mansion del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2018

Dear algologist:Thank you so much for your kind review from your experience at La Mansion Del Sol hotel,
I am thrilled to read such kind words describing our facilities, amenities, entertainment and food & beverage offer that overall helped
to create memorable vacations for you and your loved ones.
Hope to see you back very soon

Reviewed 30 January 2018 via mobile

We stayed at Mansion del sol for 6 nights. There were so many great things about the place. It’s a boutique hotel ( which used to be a mansion) and it is stunningly beautiful as well as impeccable clean. The staff ( Jesus, Salvador, Angie, Suzanne and many others) could not have been kinder and more helpful.
There is a lovely and tranquil garden where you can eat, sit or enjoy the hummingbirds that come to feed on their four feeders making it a wonderful oasis in a very bustling city.
The breakfast was delicious and generous ....all you could possibly need to get your day going. In the evening there was a complementary dessert stand which was really appreciated.
Now the location... it’s a short walk to Plaza del
Sol which turns out to be a well know landmark in the city. We took city buses all over and it was easy. Of course staff are happy to help order taxis or use their Uber for us as well. So, on the one hand, the hotel is quiet, in a middle class,safe and secure area but was still great to come and go to all the tourist destinations. It was such a great way to experience Guadalajara!!! 5 star experience - you won’t be disappointed

Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple
LaMansiondelSol, Director de Relaciones Públicas at La Mansion del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2018

Dear Joan R.Thank you so much for your kind review from your experience at La Mansion Del Sol hotel,
to create memorable vacations for you and your loved ones.
Thank you very much, and hope to see you back very soon

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

This hotel is very very nice.. Will be my place to stay when visiting Zopopan.....
Small but cool.... Staff were awesome.....Breakfast not bad for a hotel breaky..... They have a dessert bar in the evening.. Nice gardens.... Great location

Stayed: December 2017, traveled solo
LaMansiondelSol, Director de Relaciones Públicas at La Mansion del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2017

Dear guest: Thank for staying with us.
We work hard to make our guests happy; and appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

Omg! Sometimes you just get lucky. My husband booked this hotel for my mother and I.The pictures looked very nice. Very last minute I decided to take my 12 year old along and forgot to inform the hotel. Once there, I mean, they were nothing but courteous and amazing. Opening the door for you, breezing through check In and even making it easy to add my son to our original reservation with no problem at all.
Walked in to a great and beautiful room with even a little study, where to my surprise had a bottle of wine, some lovely cheese and fruits as a welcome.
Now that's service if you ask me. Staff was very helpful and just nice. They offered a great complimentary breakfast, which was way more than the continental that is the usual. Great Mexican breakfast was thoroughly enjoyed by all of us. Only 2 things that I found as a downside but still doesn't change my recommendation is that the bar doesn't really offer Mixed drinks. So very limited. And also one of the maids accidentally threw away my moms insulin pen that I forgot to place in a refrigerated area, so just put in a ice glass as we ran out. My fault? Well that I didn't inform the staff but when confronted straight up lied about throwing it away, which was not a big deal and the only reason I asked for it was to know if it was still there, was all. She didn't have to get as defensive as she did and then began to talk ill about me... but enough about that.... my overall experience was nothing but pleasant and I am even planning a future visit with my husband just because I loved this little hidden gem so much.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family

Dear SPAM F: Thank for sharing your opinion. Your feedback is highly important to us, and it helps us know were are in terms of service.
Hope to see you back very soon.