“Peaceful park and always a friendly iguana”
Review of John Huston Plaza

Ranked #149 of 180 things to do in Puerto Vallarta
More attraction details
Owner description: Home to many shops that feature traditional Mexican architecture.
Reviewed 1 January 2018

Although this area could be spiffed up a little it still has a nice sculpture of John Huston, some murals, shops, vegetation and interesting people, cats and iguanas, and if you come in from the right part of town, a swinging bridge to get there by.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

This is a really quiet plaza that gets very little foot traffic, despite being tucked in downtown Vallarta. I love going here to read a book or getting some food "para llevar" and hanging out with the kitties in this plaza while I eat. People seem to not like it as much as I do, but if you want a little quiet place to escape the hoards, this is almost unbeatable.

Reviewed 12 November 2016

As a John Huston fan, I think he deserves to be immortalized in a statue here. His filming of "Night of Iguana" made PV popular. It grew from a sleepy village to a major tourist attraction after film was released. The statue sits by itself on the north end of the little river island. We were staying on Gringo Gulch and made the walk down there many times. When my son and I went there after dark, a plain clothes man ID'd us. giving some sort of shakedown. It was a bit frightening. Suggest staying away at night.

Reviewed 23 June 2015

I agree with others, with many of the business's being closed not as many people walk the east end of the island.
But with that said its very peaceful and the statue is a good picture spot. So each year we stop by to say hi to John

1  Thank JALFAN