“Hidden Beach & Snorkeling”
Review of Marietas Islands

Marietas Islands
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hidden Beach Snorkeling Hidden Beach Snorkeling To Reach This Secluded Paradise, The Swimmers Need To Go Through A Short Tunnel And Swim From The Boat A Distance Of 200 Meters. Love Beach Our Marietas Islands Snorkeling Trip Is Different From Other Trips. We Only Take Small Groups And Our Trip Is Really Focused On Snorkeling And Enjoying The Beauty Of The Islands. We Also Tour Around The Island For Sightseeing.
Reviewed 15 June 2018

What a great trip, for people who enjoy the wildlife encounters, you take a swim from the boat to the hidden beach in Marietas Islands, with your helmet on and lifejacket until reach the beach, pictures are amazing, you have to take to protect your phone so you can bring it and share your visits and pictures, it is a place like no other, thanks to all the staff, the booking was really smooth, 5 starts rating.

1  Thank Diseño Web P
Brenda Guadalup... M, Public Relations Manager at Marietas Islands, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Thanks we are happy to serve and about your cellphone we help to protect and take it safe to the hidden beach, we have 50 guaranteed access per day of the 116 allowed and this love beach is a treasure that worths to come once in life.

All reviews
"ride"
"ocean"
"crew"

Reviewed 9 May 2018

I booked this specific tour to see and photograph the Blue Footed Booby bird which is unique to this specific island and only otherwise found in the Galapegos Islands. What a disappointment! If you go on this specific tour to scuba dive, snorkel, kayak or paddle board, you would probably have a great time. However, this island is known for the Blue Footed Booby bird - why go otherwise when there are plenty of other places to do the others? It's a rather large boat that takes you out to the island so there is constant rumbling. The crew is on a time schedule for the four activities - scuba dive, snorkeling, paddle boarding or kayaking so they move quickly to accommodate this and move the people through. I asked repeatedly on the trip over if they would take a smaller boat to go around the island. I never got a response. While Vallarta Adventures has several smaller boats nearby to ensure everyone's safety as well as to take the scuba divers to their destination, they would not take anyone around the island. I ASKED MANY TIMES! I asked if I could join the scuba dive boat just to go back and forth so I could see the birds. The answer was no. I had been on this tour about 7 years ago where a smaller boat had taken guests around the island closer to shore to view the various bird colonies, so this was my expectation when I booked this tour. You will see other tours near the island that DO have smaller boats to circle the island - book those tours instead of this one if you want to see the birds. After this island, the boat went quickly past another island, but again because this boat is so large, it can't get close enough to really see the birds and only stayed a few minutes. I WAS SOOOO DISAPPOINTED! I honestly wanted to ask for a refund since what was promised was not delivered.

Continental breakfast and basic lunch were served on the boat. However, the water was so choppy on the way to Marietas Island, that there was no way I was going to hold down any food. After Marietas Island, they took us to a private beach close to Puerto Vallarta. You could either get to the beach by "swimming" i.e., holding on to a rope that was tied down at the beach or wait until anyone who wanted to "swim" was off the boat and then take a small boat (yes, they do have them!) to the beach. It was like watching lemmings go to shore as people hung on to the rope to get to shore. About an hour at the beach where they had beach chairs, kayaks, floats and banana boat rides. Then, back to the lemmings swimming back to the boat. The return trip to Puerto Vallarta was not at all choppy. So when I got back on the boat, I asked if there was any food left. The lunch dessert was all gone and there was no more food. Big Bummer!

The next day, I was booked for another tour - San Sebastian - with Vallarta Adventures. When I arrived in the morning at their office at the Marina, I told them about my experience of the day before. They asked me to completed an Incident Report which I did. The staff indicated that I would be hearing from them. Now, a week later, not a word.

I am so disappointed. I spent a lot of money - and time - for this tour, and my main purpose of going to Puerto Vallarta was to see and photograph the birds. And, it did not happen.

Again, if you go on this tour for snorkeling, kayaking, paddle boarding or scuba diving, you would probably have a great time. I was booked for a third tour with Vallarta Adventures the week I was at Puerto Vallarta, which even though I had already paid for it, I did not go on because of such a disappointment on this one.

I booked this tour at the local hotel through the Expedia representative. Better information should have been provided.

2  Thank DominiquePhoto
Reviewed 13 April 2018

My wife and I signed up to visit Marieta Islands "Hidden Beach" via Vallarta Adventures. After about an hour boat ride from Puerto Vallarta we got to the Marieta Islands which is a bird sanctuary. We then put on helmets and were told we had exactly thirty minutes inside on the "hidden beach". Well the hidden beach is tiny; maybe 50ft - 80ft long. There is a endless stream of tourists swimming in so it is not that hidden. After swimming back out we toured around the island where our tour guide described the birds and island. We were supposed to go snorkeling but a couple of people got stung by jellyfish swimming from the hidden beach to the boat and the majority of the group did not want to go. We instead went to bigger beach on the second island which was nicer and bigger but still stuffed with tourists.

Overall it was not a great experience; huge tourist trap. I would not recommend this activity and would suggest visiting Sayulita or just a regular beach instead. The staff with Vallarta Adventures were great and helpful. However the company tried to force you to buy $60 USD photo packages which I think is terrible and will not return.

1  Thank Heyyou1982
Reviewed 7 April 2018

Total Rip Off. Tourist trap. Not worth the $80 per head for 40 minutes of snorkeling and 20 minutes on a beach, yet we were at sea for 8 hours. Probably 150+ people with maybe 6 kayaks and 6 paddle boards. You could choose one "activity" per person. My family waiting over 30 minutes to get on a boat to go to the beach for 20 minutes. My son left his snorkel mask on his chair and it was picked up by someone on the cruise, and we were charge 600 pesos. Unless you get this at a GREAT discount do not do it. You will be disappointed. And it was advertised as a bilingual tour, it is not. It is really for Spanish speaking only. The English speaking families were left to fumble. Bad Experience.

3  Thank Monica B