“Best Fishing Charter in Cabo”

Picante Sportfishing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Picante Sportfishing has been the #1 sportfishing charter operation in Cabo San Lucas since 1994 by hosting the largest fleet of CABO Yachts available for charter anywhere in the world! With boats ranging from 24' all the way up to 64' we have a charter package available to fit your budget and/or needs. Our office is located on the marina right in front of our yachts. English speaking staff and crew! Come see what all the excitement is about, and "Fish with the Winners!"
Reviewed 4 April 2018

If you're looking for good boats and crews that know their stuff, Picante is the place to go. You can find cheaper charters, but you won't get the service Picante will provide. If you're looking for a really fun day on the water, take out the Mag Bay. If fishing is slow, the boat sure isn't!!!!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
"live bait"
in 4 reviews
"great captain"

Reviewed 2 April 2018

PLEASE READ THIS REVIEW BEFORE YOU MAKE A DECISION. I have been fishing Cabo for the last 30 years.
I have fished on other charter boats all this time, 24 years ago I noticed the Picante Fleet for the 1st time.
I watched them as they blew by me everyday fishing & watched them return in the afternoon with all their flags
flying. I’ve also admired the beautiful Cabo yachts, premium tackle, top quality lures, and english speaking Capts.
I finally said to myself, enough is enough, I’m going to charter The Salsa and see what it’s like. I spoke to Capt.
Alex prior to my trip. I let me know this was my first charter with Picante and how much I had admired their
fleet over the last 24 years. He was fantastic and promised to do his best on the trip. If I catch tuna that’s fine
but I like to target Marlin & Mahi Mahi. I arrived the morning of the charter, everything was set, and we were
off. I met with the 1st mate Torito, he was great!! I bring my own rods ( not that you need to because you don’t )
all the tackle on the board was 1st class but, over the years I’ve just collected my own and given the chance to use
them I like too. Torito re-tied all the swivels ( and by the way he did an excellent job ) we stopped and picked up
live bait and we took off. Here’s one of things I loved about the trip. Most charter boats come out of the bay, hit
the throttles to about 60-70% and they just chug out to the fishing grounds. OH NO, Not Capt. Alex, we cleared
the bay & the Arch and let me tell you, HE HIT THOSE THROTTLES, The Salsa jumper out of the water and we
took off !! The Salsa has a great sound system too, I plugged in my phone, turned on Jimmy Buffett and we left Cabo
in the wake of a great day!!

I have been fishing long enough to know there are good days and unlucky days, there are NEVER bad days, especially
when you are fishing with an experienced Capt. like Capt Alex & 1st Mate Torito. It was a beautiful day and we caught
a nice striped marlin, about 140-150 lbs. We actually hooked her in the tail and the fight lasted over 2 hours. I release
all my marlin which the Picante Fleet supports too. However, because she was tail hooked she was almost dead when we
finally got her to the boat. The Capt. thought it was best to keep her in the water, revive her by pulling her through the
water by her bill, and then release her without bring her on board for pictures. I could not have agreed more. We stuck
to the plan and it worked perfectly. I filmed it all on my Go-Pro camera and have great footage … it was without a doubt
the best catch & release I’ve done in over 30 years of fishing Cabo.

If you are truly a “fisherman” you understand what I mean by saying this. “There is so much more to a fishing trip than
catching a fish” … This was one of my best days of my life fishing for more reason that one. Capt Alex & Torito fished
harder than any other Capt. I have ever fished with … “EVER” !! We may have only caught 1 marlin on this trip but, the
effort was there all day … They NEVER GAVE UP … We had a blast!!! The Salsa delivered on some many other fronts,
fast to the fishing grounds, great equipment, smooth ride over the waves, air conditioned cabin to get out of the heat,
a great sound system, and most of all …. ALL the things Capt. Alex & Torito did to make sure we were happy, safe, and
comfortable.

If you have a chance to fish the Picante Fleet, DO IT !!! Don’t look back. You will not be disappointed. I noticed all the rating
they get are 5 Stars and 1 Star …. It’s very clear to me ANYONE that gives them 1 star know NOTHING about Fishing.
Just because you pay them a lot of money to go fishing doesn’t guarantee you’ll catch a fish. That’s why they call it “FISHING”
and not “CATCHING” … I think some people think just because they are fishing in Cabo and they pay a lot of money, they will
land a fish. All fisherman know everyday is different. NO matter how much you pay for a chart you will not always catch
a fish. However, your chances are much better on a Picante Fishing Boat!!

I hope this review helps you to make the “RIGHT” decision if you are on the fence about fishing with The Picante Fleet and
maybe Capt. Alex on The Salsa. I can tell you this, ……. I can’t wait to get back down there in June & July and fish with him again.

Tight Lines n Good Luck !!

Billy H.
Dallas / via New Orleans

Reviewed 27 March 2018

Clean boat, great crew, plenty of food and drinks AND I caught a 104 inch Striped Marlin!!! It was well worth the money!!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

I have been fishing with Picante for the past 5 years. They always put us on fish and never disappoint. We had a great trip yesterday with Alex and crew on the Salsa! Thanks again.